Hello, Sup Forumstards. How do you like your EQ settings? Did you even know your music player has an EQ...

Hello, Sup Forumstards. How do you like your EQ settings? Did you even know your music player has an EQ, you fucking pleb?

I also use Winamp. I don't EQ at all

I just turn them up all the way

HPF at 500hz and huge sharp spike at 3.5k

I have good monitors and listen to shit in 320/FLAc so I don't need to use an EQ.

What's HPF?

High pass filter

What's that? What's it do? Why do you like it, sempai?

so you mean you cut things below 500hz? Are you out of your mind? I cut things below 60hz.

The only reason to ever use EQ when listening to music that's already been mastered is if you're a colossal pleb and bought headphones with bass boost. You're butchering the music if you're EQing while using studio monitors.

What if you don't like the way an album is mastered? I lower the 4k and 6k frequencies on mine for 80s recordings. I also hate airy sounding recordings.

this

I bought some shitty expensive headphones that have weird mids and hollow lows, so I have my eq to fix the issue. I think I went beyond where I should have though and just made it how I wanted to sound. Works well

I like to have individual settings for albums. This is for example made especially for Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished. :)

>smug disney chars.
I like your style, user.

thsi one is for Sweet Heart, Sweet Light ;)

holy shit

HPF is a filter which allows any frequency above a certain point to pass without any (or with minimal) damping. So in this example user is cutting out (very seriously damping, like by something more than 15dB) all the sounds of the low end (of low frequencies), which are less than 500Hz.

Huh?

Spirit My Higher Register Hearing is Gone, Spirit My Hopes of Appreciating Music Past 50've Vanished

im gonna kill myself by the time i hit 30 anyway so no worries

sometimes you do because not everything is mixed properly

Huh?