I'm really fucking depressed with no concrete reason, I know I shouldn't be sad, but I can't help it

I'm really fucking depressed with no concrete reason, I know I shouldn't be sad, but I can't help it.
Like, existential crisis-tier depression
Music for this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nd30xwa8nPI
youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc
youtube.com/watch?v=Lu92vj0D-qw
youtube.com/watch?v=p9MMJgFKv24
youtube.com/watch?v=RSkN_Gw7sLo
youtu.be/ckC7ilWwH50
youtube.com/watch?v=UUsOK8Dlw7I
youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PtuVA4NOm0I
youtube.com/watch?v=Zd5vQWYjUxs
youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4
youtube.com/watch?v=skX73x48SDE&list=PLCx2k3KEkppJLHG0DrNva9gJnckK073RW&index=14
mega.nz/#!fg4h1aYL!QZ-rpfe3dwO-ZqBqdvzHLMknDSnqmZcyB5UQl76l4dY
youtube.com/watch?v=fQHto60cDFA
youtube.com/watch?v=9nby7DoM8rE
nathanforsythmusic.bandcamp.com/album/gadget
youtube.com/watch?v=yO4_H-j979Y&feature=share
rickyeatacid.bandcamp.com/album/three-love-songs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>bump
I'm literally in tears now
what the fuck is happening to me

youtube.com/watch?v=Nd30xwa8nPI

off yourself my man
youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc

i used to feel this way a lot but you'd probably take it as a personal insult if i posted the stuff that makes me feel good

do you want music that cheers you up or music to help you wallow in sadness?

You are starting to romanticize your painful situation. Happens to me sometimes (personally I think it's better than living your life day-by-day feeling numb).

youtube.com/watch?v=Lu92vj0D-qw
youtube.com/watch?v=p9MMJgFKv24
youtube.com/watch?v=RSkN_Gw7sLo

This album

you need to go out and get some pussy young nigga

what's with you all today this is the third depression post I've seen in the past few hours are you all ok what's going on

I've tried several times before

The internet is taking its toll

mu kids are a bunch of insecure whiny fuckbois who maintain their self esteem by reminding themselves that in some obscure way the are in touch with something that normies cannot see. since that is obviously self-serving bullshit, what usually happens is something makes them second guess their own specialness and then the single pillar that supports their self esteem collapses and they become depressed. since their narcissism has long ago driven the real people out of their lives they have to come crying to mu. that's what's going on.

>I've tried several times before
Don't lie to yourself. It's easy to kill yourself, you just didn't have to guts.

OP, there's nothing that can make you happy. I'm just a retard on the Internet that loves dope and cigarettes more than anything else in his life, just find something that keeps you from killing yourself because you're a coward.
youtu.be/ckC7ilWwH50

what the fuck is wrong with you
grow up you cunt

honestly though he has a point. why is somebody telling me that they've tried to kill themselves multiple times? if you tried to kill yourself and fail, either you are happy to still be alive or you aren't. if you aren't you try again. therefore by induction you are either dead or happy to be alive. since this guy is not dead he does not really want to die. so why is he telling me about his suicide attempts? hint: its for attention

don't speak like that, it isn't so simple

>attention seeking on the internet
Ishygddt

no dude actually it is. sure, people can feel conflicted. sure, nobody ever consciously says "I will now do X because it will bring me attention." but look. if you were truly committed to killing yourself you would have succeeded. it's that simple.

it's great that you are not truly committed to killing yourself. suicide is awful. nothing is worse than losing a friend to suicide. but don't prance around like you're on the brink, because you're not. unless you are a prisoner of war undergoing torture or an addict at rock bottom or really seriously mentally ill, you are probably nowhere near your true breaking point. to act like you are is silly. and sure, I don't really know what is motivating you to talk about killing yourself. but I bet that what brought you here was a sense of isolation, or need for release, and at bottom your brain is attuned to the fact that being heard by others brings relief. if so then there is a reason why your distress brought you here, rather than driving you to meditate or play video games. and that reason is the fact that deep down, at the level of naked stimulus and response, attention from others brings relief and you were seeking relief.

so face up to the fact that you are not a tragic figure, you just wanted to be heard. you know, it is actually okay to do things for attention. but it is not okay to be dishonest with yourself.

ladies and gentlemen please look at this post. this is an excellent example of someone applying logic, but taking the completely wrong approach. To remind you what you said:

>Don't lie to yourself. It's easy to kill yourself, you just didn't have to guts.

Note: this is a condemnation

>you just didn't have the guts

It is here that you know this man is so full of glorious bullshit as to be discounted. but going further, remember that you are telling a "depressed person" yet another part of themselves, that is to be "depressed" about. You are telling somebody down on themselves, "you suck, and you're also a coward. don't forget the coward part, that's what you are."

as well as POSTING A FUCKING PICTURE of an "easy" method, as if to ASSIST, the "endangered" subject, as if to make his resolve to commit an act harmful to those around him, an unnecessary act, the act of complete despair, EASIER AND MORE READILY APPLIED.......

Anybody with a shred of morality, or half a sense worth of intelligence would realize that this APPROACH is incredibly irredeemly misguided, and to DEFEND his actions, as if they are based on giving the subject a dose of REALITY ("you don't really want to do it, you want attention") conveniently denies HIMSELF of any wrongdoing, pushing blame to the PERSON NEEDING THE MOST AID.........

seriously how do you fail at suicide

it's literally a meme

Painless sounds promising.

Christ what fucking board am I on.

I'm on the verge of a panic attack daily, been going on for about a year. Some days it will go down to where I actually forget about it. But mostly not. Music is the only thing that does anything.

do you have any contact besides people on the internet? I dare you to actually say that to someone you goddamn cunt

>Ishygddt
I miss that meme.

Here's a fucking classic:
youtube.com/watch?v=UUsOK8Dlw7I

>post shit like this
>don't see that your cry for help is as loud as his is because of it

Ask yourself why you post shit like this. And don't lie to yourself and say "hurr we are on Sup Forums haetmachine all day this is what you do BRUH".

Seriously ask yourself why.

I could see myself posting something like this two years ago. I have antidepressants to help but it's not for everyone and there's a lot of downsides. I guess I'm just saying there's still hope possibly.
Pic related. Very cathartic.

>tfw socially anxious wreck that wants to put myself out there and experience new things but I can't because I'm so fucking terrified of it

music for this feel?

> with no concrete reason
You sure buddy?

If you're depressed you have a mental illness and need to go see a doctor. Wallowing on the internet feels good because you're being heard but it's important that you go to a fucking doctor. Depression is a disease, you treat diseases or otherwise they'll kill you. Fuck the social stigma, if you're on the verge of suicide you clearly have given up on society anyway so fuck what they think about going to the doctor for depression.

If you want music, when I feel depressed I listen to the most beautiful songs I can think of, so it reminds me what I'll lose if I killed myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ

youtube.com/watch?v=PtuVA4NOm0I

youtube.com/watch?v=Zd5vQWYjUxs

youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4

But it's nice to be alive.

It's nice to eat good food.

It's nice to sleep in good bed.

It's nice to take a good shower.

It's nice to stretch your arm out and yawn.

It's nice to be able to do nothing or something

It's nice to look at nice things.

The human body is programmed for self preservation.

It's nice to be alive.

You must be fun at parties

youtube.com/watch?v=skX73x48SDE&list=PLCx2k3KEkppJLHG0DrNva9gJnckK073RW&index=14

please don't vape yourself user-kun

As opposed to normies that support their self esteem on their possessions and social circle?
Yeah, no, do not want.

Not him but

It's not nice to be in a large group of people and not be able to even introduce myself because I can't even bring myself to speak.

It's not nice to feel insanely lonely all time

It's not nice to never be able to escape my own head when I'm stressed, nervous or scared about something.

It's not nice to literally not be able to have fun at parties, bars or concerts because the world, and new people terrify you

Sometimes it feels like the bad outweighs the good man.

>You must be fun at parties

He's clearly as young as or a few years shy of the user that he's targeting here.

Young angstkids shitting on other young angstkids to vent out annoyance over their private frustrations in life.

Just another day on Sup Forums.

You fucking first world problems baby. End your pathetic life

case in point:

Sometimes is a really fucking great song to listen to when you feel like that. it's so beautiful and it just fills up your head.

I always associate it with Lost in Translation, attaching it to those characters really helps me cry, which is important when combating depression because you need to remember how to feel.

I'd like to think user that we all have breakthroughs.

breakthroughs can take years, but when they happen, they are powerful.

somethings, some negative things, cannot be "gotten past" or "gotten over" shall we say.......easily.

let me put it this way:

you fight a boss in a video game, and you lose 20 times. on the 21st time, you beat the boss.

....the feeling of winning, of "beating the foe"....is not related to the boss at all, its related to your skill or aptitude, capability, or state exceeding that boss.

likewise, any problem you have, will always behave like this, the problems DON'T GET ANY EASIER, you SURPASS THEM...how this will happen is never easy to see from a current vantage point, the only path is consistent and mindful/intentional improvement. seek to minimize your anxiety, don't stretch yourself for the sake of overcoming a large problem too soon, all things come from perseverance and endurance.......

>Sometimes it feels like the bad outweighs the good man.

And so what if there's more bad than good in life? The fact that you know the concept of happiness should be more than enough to help you exist.

A person who has known depression can value happiness much better than a person who hasn't. The same way a person who has known starvation can value food more than a person who hasn't.

And this is disregarding the fact that you base your life around fear which is extremely detrimental to your psyche.

you ever listen to the OST? So so good, Kevin Shields is amazing. fucking great movie.

not that user but "basing your life around fear" to me sounds as voluntary as an obese person basing theirs around food, or a drug addict around drugs, or many people around sex, money, etc.

which is to say, that it is voluntary to an extent, but its not as if he wakes up and says, "ill continue to base my life around fear"....because this is a very base anxiety that is difficult to "root out" just as vices and weaknesses are in general. he is inclined to be that way naturally, or has become like that from life experience so far, but I don't like phrasing it like its voluntary.....a choice to base the life around fear

I'm just tired of feeling this way though. I just wish I could go to a party and have a good time, meet new people, do crazy shit, but I I get so anxious and scared around new people.

I wish I had the drive to go out and try new things and live life to the fullest, but for some reason I always turn to the same boring shit I do all the time.

Even going to the doctor about this makes me feel insanely anxious, so I keep putting it off, as much as I know it could help.

I feel like I have to get over it as soon as I can, otherwise my college years will just be wasted.

Then what can I do? It's not like I'm actively telling myself to be afraid of everything. It kinda feels like my mind just goes on autopilot with stuff like this.

Ima check that shit out then. I've never really fully explored shoegaze past MBV, do you have any recs other than Ride? (who I'm planning to get into tonight)

Exposure therapy.

Not him, but have you tried antidepressants? They might be able to get you through that mental hurdle and you can stop taking them. Other option is try a good Psychedelic trip, I don't do drugs but people say that a shroom or acid trip can break mental blocks and allow them to view themselves from an outside perspective. Be careful with them I guess, since I personally know nothing about them

>otherwise my college years will just be wasted

well for one, I wouldn't look at this way. I wouldn't see it as a "clock that's running out" and you need to rush and fix and frantically change everything. Realize that the habits that you have formed have been forming, consciously or subconsciously, all your life.

That being said, I do wonder about the "root" of the anxiety, in the sense of I usually break it down to:

-body image (uncomfortable with physical self)
-social skills (being entertaining/interesting/the capability of "drawing" people in to what you're saying/doing)
-moral standing- "partying" can mean sex, it can mean drinking, it can mean vandalism. it can be good or bad. are your aims to "party" and have a "good time" firmly rooted in your morals/do they fit? are you seeking a "good time" in which everyone enjoys themselves, and all around positive results are created?

I say this because I knew many people who partied for the "wrong reasons"............

I think the place to start is to interact with people in a form which you are confident, so if you are good at this or that skill, this or that work/hobby/etc., you socialize through that skill.

Since this is Sup Forums, if you are good at Magic: The Gathering, you go to where people are playing that, and bond/connect with people over something that is immediately in common/you are "competent" in.

Lots of anxiety comes from a place of "unsure" aims............to be sure of your place/knowledge of a subject allows you to project yourself with greater and more sincere appeal

i once spent months working up the willpower to go to a doctor about exactly the same thing
then i missed my appointment and everything fell apart
i think it helps to take things in small steps and set yourself tiny goals every day, as stupid as that sounds
>Other option is try a good Psychedelic trip
this is maybe not a good idea for cases of mental illness

Fully agree.
I'd just add that the root is almost always parent-related. The way to overcome it is to form relationships that make you feel relaxed and free from fear

here's a link for the OST: mega.nz/#!fg4h1aYL!QZ-rpfe3dwO-ZqBqdvzHLMknDSnqmZcyB5UQl76l4dY

Yes! I really like LSD and the Search for God, Asobi Seksu, Chapterhouse, A Place to Bury Strangers, Dear Eloise, and Tangible Rays.

Here's some of my favorite stuff to get lost into, if that helps!

youtube.com/watch?v=fQHto60cDFA

youtube.com/watch?v=9nby7DoM8rE

Mental ruts suck because there's no way to be merely talked out of them. Good luck!

You're most likely 18 to 20 yrs old. It passes and you slowly learn to deal withit as you mature. Trust me.

I've read studies on LSD that said it can result in an all around better outlook on life. And a friend who can confirm it.

I've always wanted to try psychedelics anyways.

Kill yourself tumblr fag

Please don't fall for it, sure in the right state of mind LSD is wonderful but you're gonna permanently damage your thought process if you take it while depressed. Won't give you a blog post but I took LSD to ease my depression in high school and ended up fucking my mind up worse than it ever would have been otherwise. It's incredibly easy to get hooked on if you have the means to get it as well.

>Growing Pains: The Thread

Relax. Whatever it is you'll get over it with time.

Yeah I'm already pretty friendly with people I work with, in all honesty when I'm in situations where I'm forced to interact with people (ie. Work, school projects) I'm perfectly fine when it comes to socializing with new people (like getting partnered with a student I haven't talked much with for a school project).

Having similar interests doesn't really help either. A week ago I was at a concert, I really wanted to meet new people here, I thought it would be easy because clearly if we're going to the same show were gonna have enough something in common, but no one was still to scared to say hi.

Maybe it's something about the approach that freaks me out. Idk, just approaching strangers to say hi always felt so intrusive.

As far as body image is concerned. I'd be completely fine with how I looked if my complexion isn't bad. I use acne cream and shit and it helps.... kinda. I don't think this is the root cause, because I don't think I'm hideous or anything

And how else should I be thinking of the situation. I'm finished my first year and the entire time I was bloody miserable. The whole time I knew I could be doing something more. Making new friends, joining clubs, something. But I was too scared and couldn't bring myself to do any of that.

I'm trying my best but I just can't overcome it.

nathanforsythmusic.bandcamp.com/album/gadget

youtube.com/watch?v=yO4_H-j979Y&feature=share

This is a ambient album I produced, ideally to be listened to in deep meditation naturally or otherwise (psychedelics etc).

Hope you take a chance to sit with it.

Feel better, friend!

BTW I'm going to sleep now. If this threads still alive by tomorrow I'll be respondin n shit

Considering how dead Sup Forums has been the past few months it most likely will be. I keep seeing threads I swore were posted 2 days ago just to read them and realize they were in fact posted 2 days ago and never reached bump/404.

That's why you go numb so you don't have to care at all

Honestly ask yourself why you want to go to a party and have a good time and do crazy shit? So you can 'fit' in? Because the thing about your college years is that not partying and just sort of hanging out with a group of close friends is all the same as valuable. Social standing is a joke. Don't seek it because it'll leave you feeling empty. Don't pursue approval in other peoples' eyes because that's pointless, learn first to accept yourself. You don't need to do any crazy shit, just learn to be more of yourself and take pleasure in doing what you genuinely take pleasure in and not what society and the people tell you you should take pleasure in.

As for the problem with anxiety with people. That is something that needs to be addressed because we are biologically wired to be social animals and it is very depressing when you don't get your social needs fulfilled - to feel completely alone and unable and scared to tell anybody about that loneliness (I know, it's probably the worst feeling I've ever felt). Use all the strength you can muster to plan a trip to the doctors. Maybe making a commitment will make it easier. And then the day of, use all your strength to go to the doctors and talk to them. You can do it. Speak truthfully and trust that maybe somehow they can help. I know what it's like to be afraid of people, I still am in many ways. And part of me wishes that I could be totally fine not talking with people, but I can't be. We can't live isolated from others, it's just too hard. Whether or not that's fair or not is irrelevant because it's something we have to deal with and something we have to try our best to help each other deal with.

but even if it fucks you up it usually shows you something about yourself that you need to know

rickyeatacid.bandcamp.com/album/three-love-songs

saved me a couple times

not when you have major depression and couldnt even feel happy about winning the lottery

Take your faggot shit there guys