I remember loving this when it came out, so i listened to it again today and boy what a piece of shit...

I remember loving this when it came out, so i listened to it again today and boy what a piece of shit, can't believe i liked this trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=msghJpDlwHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What were they thinking, honestly,

I listened to this for the first time last night and cried from its sheer beauty. Am I officially a pleb?

No, it's a great album.

Not the best AnCo, but it's easily one of the first albums I'd recommend from the 2000s.

>liking Painting With
>ever

yeah al the way back in february what the fuck are you pleb son

Did you happen to read a pitchfork review in the meantime?

And that's not even their best album

Was this before or after the Pitchfork and Fantano reviews came out?

I remember loving this when it came out, so i listened to it again today and boy what a piece of shit, can't believe i liked this trash.

It took you 7 years to go for a second listen?

yes

and checked

There is some real garbage on this record but I do really love Golden Gal and Floridada.

I'm glad at least that they didn't do a dark and edgy record with overdone reverb that is what I thought would happen

If they were to revisit one of their old sounds, which should it be?

I say HCTI

none of them
if i had to pick one of them i'd say whatever you want to call this:youtube.com/watch?v=msghJpDlwHU
i hear a bit of it in transverse temporal gyrus

My problem is the fact that it was pretty fucking obvious that more effort went I to some tracks than others

Completely disappointing as an AnCo release

side b >>> side a

It's still pretty amazing imo and probably their second best. The only thing that changed for me since its release was finding a ton of new artists, which just greatly lowered my relative interest in the band overall.

But it's okay, you don't have to like it

if the entire album was as good as the first 5 it would be a pop masterpiece
the only great songs on the second half are summing the wretch and on delay
prove me wrong

fuck all of you nerds it's a tight album aesthetically and has great vocals

Honestly, I feel like they were expecting to have Deak on this record, and it probably took them by surprise a little bit when he left to do his own thing. It probably took the wind out of their sails a bit, as it sounds like they're on auto-pilot more than anything else.

>spilling guts
>golden gal
>recycling

oh thanks, hadn't heard of those ones before

maybe i just can't into side a anymore because i'm sick of floridada

nah davery said they all decided deak should focus on sleep cycle (source: some yt interview)

I really dislike Painting With. Its an okay indie pop album, but there is so much better out there it feels like why bother. And as an AnCo album I think its total trash.

At least Sleep Cycle was solid.

I remember them saying on their leddit AMA that they'd like to do another more droney album like HTCI again in the future

Vertical is still my jam

I still think it's 8.5/10. Lying in the Grass is my SOTY so far.

I'd say Spirit but I don't want them to fuck it up