How does Sup Forums feel about Eminems musical progression?

How does Sup Forums feel about Eminems musical progression?

Me personally I think he went from good to horrible. I don't like the poppy singing, I like fast hardcore raps like the MMLP and SSLP

He's still got talent, just that now he's not an outcast in society anymore. He's got no motivation to offend everyone

Hopefully his new album next year is excellent

relapse is one of the greatest rap album

hopefully

hes with all the top celebraties and stuff now he is turning like them

lol ok

He came out the gate pretty strong with Infinite. If nothing else came about from him after that, I still think it would be discussed as a hidden gem from an underground artist. He blew up with SSLP, which was fantastic, as was the followup, MMLP. However, both were incredibly childish/immature. Despite being delivered in inventive and clever ways, the themes and messages in his work were still just goofy nonsense. TES changed this. He reflected on himself and seriously took on mature themes, without ever losing the charm that made SSLP/MMLP great. His talent was evident and inarguable at that point.

And then Encore came out and he ruined his reputation. It's like he tried to go back to being childish, but tripped and landed on infantile.

If he died after TES (or at least, before Encore), there'd be a lot more people saying he's top 5.

if he died after TES he would have been a rap god

you're literally retarded and everything you said is wrong

infinite is completely worthless and in TES is good but not great

he only has two classic albums, MMLP and SSLP - and what you all immaturity is part of the reason they're great, and something he's never been able to recapture since

and yes, you can make a case for him being top 5 on 2 albums alone. nas only has 2 classics in his discography too, and nastradamus hasn't made illmatic worse either

Going from shit to crap is a progression?

his albums are all "good" from an objective standpoint. Infinite is like 6.5, sslp is solid 8.5, mmlp is easy 10, tes is a 9, encore is retarded but its still dope from a lyrical standpoint. relapse is mindblowingly good. recovery is great pop rap but sounds like shit to any educated listener. mmlp2 was a fun listen the first five times then lost its flair.

thats my opinion, anyway.

He was never good, he's not good now. I see no reason to listen to his music over someone like Will Smith.

infinite has some fast raps but is also at the same time very chill, infinite is atleast 7/10

baito

will smith don't gotta curse in his raps to sell records

Exactly, he sells his records off of merit alone

infinte is by far the worst thing he's ever released and i'm pretty sure he himself would agree with this

the rapping is competent and pretty clever at times but he's just ripping off nas and az - if it had been released by mc backpackrapper 3000 literally no one would even remember it exists

because it's boring and worthless

His first three albums are amazing, everything after is either mediocre or shit.

You really think his newer stuff like no love and not afraid are better than infinite?

Most musicians atleast the mainstream ones "rip off" others in the sense of being heavily influenced/inspired by them

>boring and worthless

thats just your opinion

You sure you listen to Eminem?

>You really think his newer stuff like no love and not afraid are better than infinite?

yes - i have no interest in post-encore eminem personally but his newer stuff is the product of a mature artist with questionable taste (think prince but worse), infinite is eminem still finding his feet artistically

ultimately i don't have much of a problem with infinite itself, i'm just annoyed with people insisting on it being a good record (because they only listen to white rappers i guess) or at all relevant in eminem's discography

talented on a technical level, but he is and always has been a novelty rapper. when he tries to be serious he comes off as whiny. his success is attributed to white kids who want to be cool and listen to rap but are scared of black people. liking any of his music is a symptom of deeper character flaws.

>ITT people who make Elevator Music

naw, he's too mainstream

>And then Encore came out and he ruined his reputation

never seen a bigger retard on Sup Forums
Encore is still a great album it may not compare to the other 3 classics, but there was still some solid songs.

alot better than the cancer he is releasing now

>MMLP2
>Recovery
>slaughter house