You've been approached by NASA to select one song to be attached to the next deep space probe for extra-terrestrial...

You've been approached by NASA to select one song to be attached to the next deep space probe for extra-terrestrial contact.

What song do you pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V5Jq89LHhpU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contents_of_the_Voyager_Golden_Record#Music
youtube.com/watch?v=sPLEbAVjiLA
youtube.com/watch?v=jJRdLZyOU4w
youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8W_vomHQg
youtube.com/watch?v=rT5zCHn0tsg
youtube.com/watch?v=egqJwhsoqAs
m.soundcloud.com/nasa/sets/golden-record-greetings-to-the
m.soundcloud.com/nasa/sets/golden-record-sounds-of
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mozart

Baby Got Back by Sir Mix a Lot

youtube.com/watch?v=V5Jq89LHhpU

Fun fact

Instead of learning about Jazz past 1950 our music history teacher had us talk about how White the golden record was

half the class agreed

half the class shitted on that idea

sad

I'll take shit that didn't happen for $500 Alex

Darudr sAndstorm

Dude I'm seriously not fucking joking

Basically we exited the power point (ended at Miles Davis Kind of Blue, no discussion of Fusion) and then she brings up the page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contents_of_the_Voyager_Golden_Record#Music

And told us about how all the classical music was white privilege

I'm SERIOUSLY not fucking joking

And she would show gifs from some Music Theory tumblr to the class

Both sides of this

Chrome Country

Frankie Teardrop

The longest Bull of Heaven track

youtube.com/watch?v=sPLEbAVjiLA

Would also include the music video for that as well.

Why? It basically covers the zeitgeist of the past 20 years of international and domestic politics, therefore letting everyone know that we are in deep shit. In all reality this planet is a very depressing place.

As a side note, I've seen that large sigil on the top right hand corner of the disk before (the star shaped one). What exactly does that mean?

cringe

Why exactly is that cringe? It's the goddamn truth, yuppie.

I think it;s the location of our sun compared to it's nearest neighbors.

Oh, huh, that makes sense. But, if that's the case, why are there 13 lines? I can assume that this record was old enough to include Pluto as a planet, so that's 9 planets including ours. are we counting moons of Jupiter and Saturn then?

This deserves some further investigation.

Poster of thanks bruv

Literally why?

The Golden Record tried it's fucking hardest to paint humanity as a whole. I'm so fucking mad.

That sucks man. My music history teacher was cool.

Sorry but this is 100% fake good try though

I feel the same as your pic (or feel the same as you). We're going to be in for a very bumpy ride with revisionist history if we start to shit on Classical music.

Always Pachelbel's Canon. The sure anthem of the human race. Could be earnestly set to any tragedy or triumph there's ever been. The rose born of the seemingly endless manure we create and wade through daily.

youtube.com/watch?v=jJRdLZyOU4w

space oddity

Like, it does have some additional representation from the western cannon, but it doesn't really matter. NASA (Sagan) tried and succeded, in the name of the west to actually representate the world just because they tought it was the right thing to do. If anyone has complaints, they should contribute to the next similar project instead of bitching around.

Also, the selection is almost flawless. I'm not a big fan of pop music as Johnny B Goode , but
>mfw kinds of flowers

Nights In White Satin by The Moody Blues
youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8W_vomHQg

Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating Through Space - Spiritualized

Actually, dude, if this shit did actually happen and if it comes up again, ask her about Vivaldi. Vivaldi was forced to be a music teacher at an all female school because his dickwad peers thought his music was shit.

>officially "non-privileged" classical music

I'd love to see her think about that for 30 seconds or shoot her mouth off without thinking at all.

everything here

I think the teacher was referring to the classical music on the record

I know It's cliche, but that is probably one of most universally liked/recognizable pieces of music on earth

pic fuckin related

backseat freestyle by kendrick lamar

What does that prove exactly? Even rejected males get to rule over subservient female brains? Think it through next time, dumbass; Vivaldi was just as privileged as every other upper class white male at the time, and that's a level of privilege that's terrifying to most people today.

Close to the edge. Takes up the entire side and doesn't leave any space for shitty songs that aren't perfect.

kill yourself

I'm not even joking, you should really consider it

You're not a valuable person; in fact, your presence is so toxic that it depreciates humanity's value as a whole

I'm asking you to kill yourself not for your benefit, but for everybody else's

>not canon rock
lmoaa

ok

Oh Yoko, by Lennon. The piano melody with the guitar is so beautiful.

my shitty soundcloud album

Toussaint L'Ouverture - Santana or Spritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating Through Space
Sounds nice, which album is this from? :^)
wew

Hotline Bling

I'm Blue

The only legit answer

youtube.com/watch?v=rT5zCHn0tsg

youtube.com/watch?v=egqJwhsoqAs

bonus points for the carl sagan samples

to make the aliens thing we are an unorganic lifeform

My Best Friend is an Alien (Who Visits Me at Night) by Alien Kids

come on, there are chimpanzee, elephant & even hyena sounds! that's more than enough for non-White 'music'!!

Curious, I was about to open a thread about the Voyager Golden record last night.
Anyways, the vinyl itself, the case and the Voyager probe are currently the furthest man-made things from us ever.
The record is found inside of a golden case with information about our atmosphere, solar system and DNA on it (symbols only, no letters, for understanding).

The first side contains greetings in all languages from the human race.
The second one contains the sounds of the waves, rain, wind and animals. After that there are burst signals in an analogical format which when decoded will show 116 color pictures (pic related, the first one, "Eating"), and two silhouttes of a man and a woman.

It also contains a message by President Carter:
>This is a present from a small, distant world, a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts and our feelings. We are attempting to survive our time so we may live into yours.

All on Soundcloud: m.soundcloud.com/nasa/sets/golden-record-greetings-to-the
m.soundcloud.com/nasa/sets/golden-record-sounds-of

This will be the first info about us aliens will have if they find it anytime near now. Cool, isn't it?

k

The Outcast - Hey you!

Kanye West - I'm In It.