What's the most important element of music, the songwriting (melodies, harmony, etc) or the production (mixing...

What's the most important element of music, the songwriting (melodies, harmony, etc) or the production (mixing, mastering, sound designing)?

production is not a necessity and music has existed thousands of years before it was conceived.

The sales you fucking faggot.

this and the image

this
that's why no one listens tradional music you cuck

not songwriting, most musical works arent even songs

but it exists now, doesn't it?

I asked you to choose between a and b, yet you picked c

what do you mean?

bump

great music is all about being a cuck

Songwriting matters more.

I listen to metal, and production varies greatly in that genre. I listen to music every day with not great production. Suuuper shitty production can ruin songs for me though (an instrument is too loud, over-compressed, etc.).
I do think production matters significantly more in pop and radio music, because these songs prominently feature the singer, the instrumentals are simple, and people like bass in their cars. You won't get to the top in pop unless you have good production, but nothing will matter if your music is shitty.

Who is "no one"? Maybe you should take a visit to other countries.

genius, whatever manner that may be

marketing

I wouldn't underestimate the effect that clear production has but think about the genres of music that thrive on being a bit lo-fi: shoegaze, black metal, vaporwave

This. Production is secondary and circunstancial.

>that perfect level of pudge

the most important element is how hot the singer is

brostep is american dancepop based off of the rhythm and song structure of dubstep. dubstep is a british dance genre that came to prominence in the early 2000s and evolved from garage that took a heavy influence from dub.
she's practically a skeleton

so is she a shemale or a trap. Usually I can tell the difference, but not here

trap.

skrillex is brostep

the Marketing
the Album Cover

He's an underaged faggot who thinks songwriting = lyrics

like said,
traditional and classical music is still the most played and recognized globally, everyone knows moonlight sonata or greensleeves.

I listen to mostly traditional music

>song starts
>it isn't even a song

pro-tip of the century: lo-fi recording IS a production technique

shoegaze and vaporwave especially depend on their 'production'. What the actual fuck is shoegaze without post effects? A bunch of Irish twinks whispering to slow, open guitar chords.

Vaporave without reverb, sampling, or glitchy drum sequences? That type of music literally can't exist without its production.

I don't think some of you understand how much of music is 'produced'. Writing a 4 chord progression is very different than writing a 4 chord progression with the perfect reverb tail and creamy, filtered distortion, panning in stereo from left-to-right. That's where the song becomes something.

no thank you to the girl in pic related

weird, cuz it's a hard yes for me