/daily/ - "running memes into the ground since 2014" edition

It's the October of June.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, talk about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you're going to listen to in the following month, gas the burgeoise, seize the means of production.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>new topsters

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>new plug.dj room now that it appears to work again

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension of bad choices and silent regret (aka "taste")

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.

Most importantly, haha oh wow

lol

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5LM5I98lZg
bigmessdk.bandcamp.com/merch
youtube.com/watch?v=92XVwY54h5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

소년 에 대한

for the gardeners

What a strapping young lad

What's the October 2nd of music, /daily/?

reposting, need recs from Tecnoman and Kanzler

Even Oxen - Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights

Musical Abortions

Neo Yankee's Holiday by Fishmans

(hoy shit it's you)
Painful by Yo La Tengo

haha oh wow
lol
It's YOU

(It's been two years this month since I started /daily/, I'm actually still surprised I'm here sometimes too.)

wow
wait
hold up
its... YOU
(that's actually pretty long, but these threads are comfy and entertaining, so It's ok being here for years)

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

This is a legit meme, any gardeners still around?

youtube.com/watch?v=R5LM5I98lZg

A shame there are so main plain lows, the highs there are pretty fun.
30 down, 32 to go.

I water by bonsai tree about once a month if that counts

Not since the days of Razzy

FYI /daily/ loves Robbie Basho, don't fall for the "Fahey is better" meme, they're just busting your chops when they say that

i miss the time of the gardeners....

back then we had REAL memes....

Rip Raziel and his shitty folk metal charts

never forget

rib best taste on daily

literally tripfaggotry the thread
end all your lives

(You)

Thanks for explaining the thread to me! I guess I'll join this.

Hey "BEAR", we just added the option to buy the album (and t-shirt!) from bandcamp

bigmessdk.bandcamp.com/merch

what kind of meme currency is DKK

danish probably

danish yes and it is a meme

This if you haven't heard it

>euro when

*your're
your welcome

>euro
ekelhaft

Just testing to see if I'm still getting "connection error"

btw I need more reaction images, feel free to send some over :)))))

best currency friend :^)

HEY DAILY
nice memes in last threa I see
would like some more
>kpg
D E G E N E R A T E

Any kind specifically
Officer I don't care about Kpop I swear

Pic related is the best reaction image.

How can I be more like Scaruffi and be proud/confident in my musical opinions? I sometimes feel guilty for not liking certain albums or bands (Black Flag, basically all Dub and Reggae, Untrue by Burial, Suicide)

No specifics needed, pic related is all i have

>How can I be more like Scaruffi
move to Italy, marry a 12 year-old, eat shit while jerking off to Faust I

dont forget this new meme

will you accept my OC

and his cooler version

what is this

and the terrible haino version

added

what the heck

Is there some context to this

And here's my reaction to that (don't bully me pls)

why

Guys I think I'm starting to finally get Mutant
Holy shit I'm so happy

What's some albums or songs you took some time and multiple plays to finally start to like and understand?

because I was getting tired of you asking for recs...............................

I bought the shirt first since my record player is still broken. You're gonna be repped in good ol'Texas!

Eskimo
Meet The Residents
Third Reich N Roll
Trout Mask Replica
A Promise

i posted a teaser at the end of a thread right before it got archived and when i searched my name on the archives i came across that thread

was looking at the thread you posted that in yams and thought it was the current thread so I made a new one because I didn't see the other daily at that time lmao

Nice! It's great to have a proper Texan fan. I hope the postage wasn't too bad, but it is quite expensive to ship to the states, unfortunately

Trout Mask Replica
Sister Ray
Ascension

Super Ape, by The Upsetters
Dark Energy, by JLin
In Motion, by Poole, Crispell and Peacock

... are some recent ones that clicked.

k

iunno man, most albums i love had to grow on me, but most of those, i didnt not like even a bit on first contact

actually i think that applies mostly to memepop like Abba, for me
Emperor, Darkthrone, that stuff too
couldnt think of a lot more but there surely are, because like most pretentious teens i did tend to fault the musicians for my inability to connect with their sensibilities, or for made-up reasons like "selling out", or similar shit like that, so there must be
dunno tho

oh, A Thousand Suns is a big one

1/?

2/2

Don't worry, worst of the tourney by far. Will be a while before I ask for something.

Thank
(I haven't heard it tho, how bad is it? it sounded horrible)

John Cage making random noises and Sun Ra playing synths over it. Sometimes Cage talks. Audience seems to enjoy it.

kinda what I expected, sorry for putting you through it

It's too late now, I'm never listening to music again.

two of my friends work at roxbury mills and one is a private gardener on the side
they still out there boy
you fallin asleep on us
but we dem gardeners

What are you doing /internet friends/?

I'm writing a job application and listening to Minor Threat.
Filler must be one of the best openers of all time.

Serial Experiments Lain is p /avant/.

just finished reading a research paper on antisocial personality disorder and psychopathy, listening to Pelt's Ayahuasca right now.

I'm reading some boring paper on indifferentiability to try and understand it better for the theory and related work part of my thesis. Don't think I'm going to understand all of it but it seems useful so far.
Also just finished listening to Tribute to Jack Johnson and guess I'll do sth else from the jazz top 100 now.

Waiting for the bus, need to pick something to listen to in bg because I need to do work reading on my commute :/ maybe Stringtronics

I think you mean /weak/.

ehh, it's pretty enjoyable so far but I fear it's gonna suffer from its own (intentional) lack of proper storytelling if it doesn't clear up a few things soon-ish

It won't. There'll be a bunch of asspulls that raise more questions than answer then there'll be an anticlimactic finale that doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the series with /u/ bait tacked on to it.

damnit

I'm just listening to some Twenty One Pilots for the first time. It's pretty bad.

did someone steal your car radio or something

No i was just curious.
also
>car
le mao

>/u/ bait
wait what

darn, it seems my meme was too obscure for you
youtube.com/watch?v=92XVwY54h5k

i figured it was some meme i didn't know
but i didn't listen to that song
i listened to some other songs

I remember scantily clad schoolgirls embracing one another a lot. Came off very fanservice-y.
Might just be because I'm a degenerate tho.

finally got round to listening to Brainbombs, wew.

Listened to the whole studio discography of Area. Worth almost every single minute of it. Recommending, especially the first and the third album.

pretty much nothing

>it's gonna suffer from its own (intentional) lack of proper storytelling
nah i kinda liked that about it
and nah it started to mostly make sense by ep 9 or so, i couldnt tell you. also because its been a while
it remains vague-ish but that's part of the appeal as far as i could tell

watch paranoia agent, it's even more convoluted

this reminds me of slint except totally different

>this reminds me of slint except totally different
you're on fire today eh

Went to the record store one last time before I have to move.
I'll miss it. It's a good store.
Listening to Major accident right now. I think I forgot how fun a proper punk album could be.

I'm at work, planning a possible trip to Amsterdam with gf but she feels uncomfortable about me spending money on her. I think we'll figure it out.
Obligatory "nice meme haino" reply

damn, nice buys

where are you moving to?

I'm done with my studies so I'm moving back to my family's home until I find a job. I have no idea where it will be, only that it certainly won't be in France. but in the meantime it's easier and less of a money pit to go back there.
Main downside is that I won't be able to play some bleeps and prog loudly anymore.
Which in the end might be a good thing since it will probably motivate me to move back and settle somewhere.

nice stuff
sharing recent buys as well, i also got haino memes

fuck thats blurry

Done listening to Clockwork Llegion. It's pretty good. Some very direct Oï punk with a great take on Bethooven's 9th (because clockwork orange references)
Now I know the band went as Major Accident after this album, and it has been compiled and re-relesed under that name.
But Accident is still what's on the side and cover.
Send help, my autism is hurting.

terrible.

i got this

reposting from last thread for the finalists:

MIXTAPE TOURNEY FINALS

oh man, you guys. the rake is so close now. it's just begging to be won.

SDC made a really great mix. My favorite tracks were Trouble Every Day by Zappa, All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix (I adored this song when I was younger), and Nothing by The Fugs-- but SDC's strength is in making mashups. The closer is what makes this mix great- Laurie Anderson's O Superman spliced with Whitehouse's Cut Hands Has The Solution. Absolute genius.

Benji also made a really stellar mix for me, the theme of which was love. It opens on two gorgeous fado songs by Carlos Paredes and Amália Rodrigues. My favorite songs on the mix are those, Snowstorm by Galaxie 500, Open by Rhye (a song I knew prior), and Feel You by Julia Holter.

Benji's mix was underwhelming initially, whereas SDC's grabbed me immediately. As time has passed though, I find myself listening to Benji's mix, Sweet Kisses and Sour Sweats, much more than cunt's C.B.L. presents Sparagmos.

Benji advances in to the final round, against sshx.

sshx, I cant remember what theme you're doing. could you remind me?

Benji, your final mix must be under 1 hour and fit one of the following themes:
inclement weather
hype/party music
drone/noise/ambient mix

10/10

oh and alison by slowdive. that's a great song.

wats that

who else /pleb'n proud/?