New to /mu and I haven't heard nearly half of the albums you post here, but every time I see one...

New to /mu and I haven't heard nearly half of the albums you post here, but every time I see one, I listen to it and they're amazing. My favourite genre is thrash metal, so can anyone rec me some essentials?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZNJn_qTG9o
youtube.com/watch?v=mImQslUjrkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vektor - Terminal Redux

Listening now, it's not bad, got any more essentials?

if you want god-tier thrash, try this out.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZNJn_qTG9o

This is really good, I need more of this stuff.

[spoiler]Checked[/spoiler]

im running low on data, but you seem like a good dude, so im just gona dump a list of bands to check out. some of these recommendations you will know, some you wont. alot of them are just straight up thrash, and some are a fusion of thrash and another genre, eg, municipal waste is crossover thrash, and coroner is technical thrash. i hope this list helps man:

anthrax
megadeth
slayer
metallica
exodus
overkill
testament
forbidden
exhumer
destruction
death angel
tankard
kreator
demolition hammer (fucking Awesome)
flotsam and jetsam
onslaught
vio-lence
sepultura
sodom
attomica
assassin
coroner
artillery
metal church
razor
toxic
hirax
whiplash
dark angel
nuclear assault
darkness
vendetta
sadus
voivod
heathen
exhorder
bulldozer
sabbat
agent steel
exciter
evile
municipal waste
toxic holocaust
warbinger
angelus apatrida
bonded by blood
DRI
annihilator
Hexen
Acrophet (fucking Awesome)
Nuclear
S.O.D
Leviathan
Crucifier
Eliminator
namidac
vektor
abattoir
cancer
havok
skeletonwitch
witchery

try this

youtube.com/watch?v=mImQslUjrkM

Wow thanks, that's a lot of catching up I have to do!

That's some pure thrash, very nice.

i highly recommend from that list, demolition hammer and acrophet. 2 bands that are the best of the best, but never got the attention they deserved. start with them if i was you, it will expand your listening potential, and the discographies are rather small so it wont take too long.

Thanks, any others from the list I should prioritize?

depends what kind of thrash you prefer. are you a fan of the big 4 style? or the oldschool underground? dark and evil? or technical new wave style? groovy, or messy. its really hard to define the genre of thrash into all these suubgenres, howver i can tell you right now. the best generic starters would be:

testament (the Legacy album)
Overkill (Years of decay album)
nuclear assault (survive album)
Angelus Apatrida (Clockwork Album)
Havok (time is up Album)

but definitely still check out demolition hammer and Acrophets full discographies.

I like it when it's got some good fast clean solos like in Hangar 18 by Megadeth, and I like Slayer, but anything heavier isn't my thing as much. I'll check those out

Oh wait I also realized you haven't got Lich King on there. Check out their van halen cover and their "toxic zombie onslaught" album

my bad, lich king should definetely be in there. this is gona sound super sperg lord but i used to play video games with the guys from lich king, back when minecraft was a thing.

You knew them? Wow damn. Also check out Blind Guardian, their first couple of albums were really good.

And they claim summer isn't real.

NEO-THRASHERS OUT

Blind guardian are pretty cool. Wouldn't call em thrash. But they are cool as fuck nonetheless. You may want to check out some power metal stuff. Just YouTube power metal playlist or someshit and you'll find some cool stuff. From what I can gather you enjoy the cleaner, more precise style of thrash metal, where it's not to overboard but still keeps the heavier aspect.

No, not new, just from /r9k. Just cringe. :(

>from /r9k/

Then yes you are new unless you were posting since Robot9000 (protip: you weren't).

Kek.

came here to post this desu

I wish the sticky had more emphasis on where to discover music on your own rather than just a footnote.

>spoonfeeding

I wish janitors would get permabans on people for chart, RYM, last.fm, tumblr (RIP), meme and "rec" (subtle and overt) threads. It would remove 99% of the cancer aching this board.

I agree, but then there woul only be like 30 people left and half of them would be from /metal/

Better than the state of the board now, it's better to have a smaller amount of people having directional discussion than a catalog with 149 threads of "So where do I go from here?" "Is this their best?" "Any more recs?" "What does Sup Forums think of?" "Why can't we like X?" etc.

I agree. I'd rather discuss an album or an artist in depth with a group of people also passionate about the topic at hand. I'm happy to give people recommendations, but like you say not 149 instancise of the same shit.

Threads lack any integrity these days. An I really fucking hate last.fm.

All the social media/ music boasting website threads are always terrible, as it's another form of circlejerk about being "patrician". In all honesty if one can't defend why they think an album is "patrician" they should never use that phrase (well they shouldn't use it to begin with as CLT started it as a joke like he did with tope).

I don't even know what your talking about. I just come here to see if I Can find a decent /metal/ thread every few days. The most social form of media I associate with is cd vinyl and tape trading groups in my city.

why does everything in that shitty genre try so hard to be edgy?
>muh blood and severed heads and skulls
>music

I mean the typical "general" threads on Sup Forums about social media sites (RYM/ Daily/ Last etc). They encourage to either listen to music as obscure as possible to one up people or to listen to the same music as everyone else to not appear different and lose "patrician" status".

Oh Ye I get what your saying. It currently seems to be the atmosphere fad.

What is theatrics and hyperbole?

If I'm not making sense it's probably because I'm currently plugged in at hospital on every drug they have. But I get what your saying.

To keep guys like you out. discounting BM, almost none of the the metal bands advocate anything they sing about, nor do metal fans take the lyrics seriously.

>complaining about being edgy
>being this edgy

Don't tell him you idiot, metal is the only genre neo-hipsters/pseudo-hipsters haven't ruined.

Get well soon, it's probably not good fpr your health to go on Sup Forums if you're in hospital you may get an aneurysm from the idiocy of thid board.

tell that to black meal fans. from cradle to deafhaven, they got fucked the most.

It's like when life sucks and you feel alone and empty, you chuck on some metal and life is better, because someone else knows the pain And rage that your going through.

Black Metal has been shitty since Varg ratted out his friends to get attention so who cares about that rotting carcass.

Fucking lol.
I should be fine. /metal/ is my happy place, just have to leave before the atmo-fags turn up.

Define black metal then?

Early Kreator, Meryful Fate, early Sodom, early Slayer. 2nd wave was ok up until the Varg Incident. Anything after is trash.

All helped birth black metal il give you that.

Genre essential GOD tier:
Aspid - Extravasation
Fucking amazing album by a one hit wonder Russian thrash band, wish I could find copies of the actual physical, LP or CD

In my opinion Low Fidelity Death Metal (like Sarcofago), Death/Black (like Destroyer 666) and Blackened Thrash (like Sabbat) are the best forms of BM post-Varg incident).

Destroyer 666 is a band I only recently found. Turns out they are playing at my local bar in a few weeks so I'm gonna go see them. From the albums I've heard I've been very impressed

Goatwhore
Witchery
Nifelheim
Bal sagoth

More bands with black influence that work great.

35 copies for sale on discogs.com