Now that it's leaked, what's your consensus Sup Forums?

AOTY? Utter shite? Decent?
So far I like it a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A3lkBCJZzZQ?list=PLUTjbv-bEZYqYwflT7_Ai3sqfOVRFqvG_&t=94
youtube.com/watch?v=9aZzltHQN30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

did the whole thing leak

Yes, it's in the other thread

Here

Dunno, I'm waiting for the album to actually release. I guess I'd feel kinda gross listening to a leaked album.

ALBUM
OF
THE
YEAR
THANKS
BASED
GIRA

is this one good too?

I preordered so like fuck I'm listening before my copy arrives

No, that one's fake, download the first one linked in this thread

I think it does but the tagging is weird like saying "album" at the end of every track.

it ain't fake, just tagged like shit

Sorry "I think it *is"

Really? I got the album already from the other link but out of curiousity, what does tagged mean?

Are the last 2 tracks watermarked?

The file information displayed when you play it like track title, date, artist, album, etc

I see, but I tried listening to it and it was just some random shit?

Dunno

Not sure what you mean, I think you're the only one in that thread who has that issue.

BASED MIKEY THE RAPIST DID IT AGAIN

AOTY

Pretty much just a 2hr rape spell. Album is boring as fuck. Lots of flat production. Straight up recycles shit from the previous two albums. Not sure why Gira feels the need to fill 2hrs with stale repetition and moaning. 3/10

it's a masterpiece dudes because swans is mysterious and shit fuk they don't even understand themselves IT'S ART

Holy shit I just realized this is two hours long.

10/10 AOTY

I'm feeling a strong 8 desu

this
Gira really fucking pulled through on this one and I had high doubts.
link is real. thread is garbage

That's what happens when you unnecessarily draw out songs to almost a half hour with less than 4 minutes of content. Not sure how you didn't realize it while it was happening

>not a strong to decent 7

shit taste senpai

so whats this about some guy's ex's nudes?

For me you really need to have the time and stomach to take in a Swans album.
It really isn't for practical listening unless you want background or are going for a long drive.
That being said, it's still an alright album but not too much better than something like The Seer or Soundtracks for the Blind.

It's just not well textured for a drone album. The improvised parts are so stiff and by the numbers for swans at this point. And the moaning. Jesus Christ the moaning.

Whenever I listen to a new Swans album I find myself comparing it to SFTB and it just feels like it's missing something

Weird

Best post-rock album of the decade.

This is more organic than Soundtracks. Soundtracks was very composed by Gira. It's not stiff like mentioned, but its definitely less live sounding (for non live songs) and there's a lot of studio trickery going on.
The new stuff feels incredibly live, and organic. Also the moaning does slow down gradually towards the latter half but I agree to an extent.

Post rock isn't a genre. Please just shush up.

You're mom isn't a genre

Honestly am loving every track, except Cloud of Unknowing, which i find strange because I've seen lots of people claim it's their favorites. Just sounds the least memorable, most typical drone, climax noise repeat without much to remember on it.
I've only listened to it twice so it might grow on me, but please enlighten me bros.

10/10 AOTY

Better than To Be Kind after two listens but still a tier below The Seer

I was there, it was pretty late at night when it happened, about 3 AM my time. The guy who had the last two tracks asked for nudes from present or past girlfriends. We were all waiting for someone to take one for the team and then some guy posted nudes of his ex-girlfriend, who had apparently broken into his house one night drunk and messed with his cat.

Nonetheless, the last two tracks were leaked after the nudes were posted.

Dude how many fucking blown out walls of guitar and "sick" drum solos are there on this? That's like the two modes. Ambient droning thin boredom slathered in moans, and dense blown out cluster fucks of bullshit

That riff m8

I AM A GLOWING GLOWING MAN I AM A GLOWING MAN I AM

I feel you, it's probably that on SFTB the songs were a lot more condensed and filled with interesting twists and turns whereas TGM, although damn good, feels kind drawn out instead, especially songs like The World Looks Red/The World Looks Black

Why do white people feel the need to subdivide guitars music. This is a rock album. Does it need more of a qualifier?

You're mom is a qualifier

thats pretty great

Why do black people feel the need to subdivide hip hop music. This is a hip hop album. Does it need more of a qualifier?

How many times you gonna say you are mom is a

Yeah SFTB was much more dense in composition like what this guy said Also, in all honesty, the parts without the moaning really are the best.

I feel like The Glowing Man might be the best behemoth 25+ minute track they've ever made. While it's really long it still feels pretty damn cohesive, there are no directionless lulls on it.

YOUR GLORY IS MINE

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

can't decide if I preferred Frankie M or Glowing Man

People Like Us was surprisingly incredible as well

I think it is the best song neo-Swans have written

>that moment the snare drum kicks in during Frankie M

My only complaint is that the bursts of noise punctuating the I'M A GLOWING MAN I AM bits weren't loud enough. Absolutely blew me away live.

4.5/5, extremely solid release and I already enjoy it more than To Be Kind (still falls short of The Seer though).

I had sex with you're mom many times

I'm a bit disappointing that they re-used the Bring the Sun part for the second "section" of the song, but ignoring that, the entire song is still an amazing listen, and the second half especially may be my favorite thing neo-Swans have made.

They sped up the Bring the Sun part on TGM though right? I feel like they did but I'm not sure

>dat moment when the funky distorted rythm guitars come in at the end of Frankie M

Wait is it literally sampled? Jesus Christ no wonder it sounded familiar. I thought he was just being a hack but now I know he's actually completely out of ideas. Fuck that nonsense.

>tfw a quarter of Swans best track ever is just Nightcore Bring The Sun

>My only complaint is that the bursts of noise punctuating the I'M A GLOWING MAN I AM bits weren't loud enough. Absolutely blew me away live.

yeah, that kinda bothers me too. I guess I'll get used to it tho

well Black Hole Man grew out of Bring the Sun during live improv so as Gira said its integral to the song and can't be cut
its not exactly the same, it starts of the same but the ending of the BTS part is different

i actually don't think it's sampled, it sounds kind of different at parts

The only people who think The Glowing Man is AOTY are the newfags, reddtiors, and Montie-fags who have polluted this board since 2015.

>implying Swans hasn't always been a Sup Forumsfavorite.
Tripfag is wrong again

its just proof that he only started browsing in 2015

It's not a literal sample.
It sounds like a new recording, played faster with a new snare drum, goes on for about 4 minutes, then gets reworked. The next bit still sounds like a very natural evolution on Bring The Sun, but pretty different from whats on TBK.

If you were actually around for The Seer and TBK then you would see how derivative and phoned in The Glowing Man is.

pls give me your AOTY so I can see how garbage your taste is

Except I own both those albums and have listened to them countless times and I dont find The Glowing Man to be phoned in.

I realize that, but I think the few minutes that sound almost like a direct sample could have been reworked more.

Pic.
Except for the fact it's the same fucking album as TBK with less energy. Half the tracklist sounds like the same song.

anyone else have their cd/dvd show up yet or just me?

lol

What did you think of the Wuorinen piece?

jeez give it some time to sink in lads. You'll be singing its praises in a week

Is this actually 320kbps?

Doesn't sound that crisp

What did Larkin Grimm say when Gira tried to penetrate her?

NOONONONONOnoONONONONONON(Gira:"Yes")NONoNonoonoNO(Gira; "Yes")NOONOO

>Rocking out to a song
>it randomly turns into ambient wankering for a few minutes before kicking ass again

WHY DOES HE DO THAT

youtu.be/A3lkBCJZzZQ?list=PLUTjbv-bEZYqYwflT7_Ai3sqfOVRFqvG_&t=94

dude it's ART

ding ding ding correctamoondough

LARKIN GRIMM YOU ARE A LIAARUUUH

The Glowing Man is a fantastic 10 minute song stretched out way too long

I mean, right off the bat you can just remove the first 3 & a half minutes

Qualifiers and subgenres exist because without them you'd have stuff like Swans and the Black Keys being called the same thing. It can get silly at times (though it's not just rock) but if you're going to be as vague as you apparently want to be you might as well not even use genres and just call everything music because that's about as useless.

Frankie M was a big disappointment.

eh

strong 7

When will I return is creepy because gira is a rapist

Le Glowing Man reminds me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=9aZzltHQN30

>"I am retarded"

>Frankie my boy it's true

Frankie M is such a good song, guys. :^)

thematic content is BAD
the album is cohesive, not to its detriment like you seem to think.
I mean ot's no TLOP, right?

yes because being physically assaulted and almost murdered is totally comparable to waking up w/ someones dick inside you
like if it even happened

reminder that this is still the best modern swans album

Finally finished it. Agree on a 7. It has a lot of good peaks but certain aspects were kinda meh.

The Glowing Man is definitely up there for track of the year but considering it's the best song on the album and essentially a rework bring the sun I don't think it's as good as to be kind

Post rock is literally meaningless. It has no meaning. It's like punk. Or post punk. Or Art Rock. It's just faggoty college trying to justify their tastes as something high art when it's all low art. Same as prog.

Yo Scaruffi u here?
Liking this so far as usual?