rateyourmusic.com/~74av
rateyourmusic.com/~daisiesfree
rateyourmusic.com/~nothingandnowhere
rateyourmusic.com/~noff
rateyourmusic.com/~WhatIsChaos
rateyourmusic.com/~snordine
rateyourmusic.com/rdescriptor/set?album_id=7095430
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do we get Horb to liquidate himself?

horb's forum banned and unable to publish reviews, who cares?

Theory: everyone who gave The Glowing Man higher than 3.5 is an embryo

Why does he look like Action Bronson and Dusty Rhodes?

rateyourmusic.com/~fruitfork

>Faust
lmao kiddo

Can't wait for their brilliant belittling of all pains other than their own in their upcoming 0.5 review of the new Swans album.

fuck off retard

Why does he look like Action Bronson and Dusty Rhodes?

rateyourmusic.com/~blackearth

What are some personal red flags for you when looking at someone's 5.0s?

Mine:
John Fahey
Robert Wyatt
The Books
Beethoven
Midori
Can

>ugh MEN there are death grips "people" and there are PC music people that's all i'm gonna say btw there's this great hip hop album called "KILL CRACKERS I HATE HONKEYS DIE" and it was sooo uplifting!! like the struggles of people of color ! i'm gonna fuck an old person until they die for feminism yeah

rateyourmusic.com/~Myskinn

hi

>John Fahey
yes
>Robert Wyatt
no
>The Books
fucking yes fuck everyone that has that in their 5.0s
>Beethoven
no
>Midori
yes
>Can
no

ive never listened to the books

You shouldn't they're YouTube vlog background music bullshit

what's your rym

Faust
Arthur Russell
Loveless
Swans
Beethoven
Kendrick Lamar
Taku Sugimoto
Otomo Yoshihide

rateyourmusic.com/~Synusoid

what's up with the books? never listened to em.

or is it just a certain clique appropriated them?

i wouldn't recommend because after a while you get papercuts in your ear holes

No clique involved the band just seems to draw this certain type of person

what kind of person? I know literally nothing about the band, help me out pls

what do u guys do when u come early 2 the club and theres like 5 people there

idk what id do w/o my phone tbqh

rateyourmusic.com/~Nirvikalpa

clt was into them, fantano too, scaruffi listed them as one of the best bands of the 00s, kodi loved them, amg too, most people who have been influental to this board's taste in some way, basically. so their drones, of course

Disagree on Beethoven (instead Bach) and Can
Otherwise agree.

immediately try to get fucking whacked out of my head on alcohol because I hate people and myself, then go mental in a self-destructive frenzy later on that night

rateyourmusic.com/~CouldBeWhat

only patrician music.

landscape_suicide EVERYONE

rateyourmusic.com/~j3t1yf

Theory: you are a faggot

glitchwave when

What is wrong with Beethoven?

I've heard that name but have no idea who they are

dude 3 hour drone albums and modern classical lmao

I just dislike it when someones high rates all, or at least the majority of them, seem like canonical rather than personal picks. It signifies them being boring and unable to think for themselves

you sound jealous af :)

sup sean, how is community college going for you?

>Because I believe (and you don't have to agree), that we should downvote new releases by famous old artists to give more opportunities to less known releases. That way, we can have a more efficient way of discovering new music instead of relying on whatever is popular. Sure, me on my own won't do anything to the overall rating, but if many people did the same the story could be different. It's not so much about the site itself.
"just chill and enjoy the music you enjoy"
I fail to see how this is relevant at all. I'm chilling listening to the music I enjoy, so what's wrong?

What did he mean by this?

Can they just nuke the rest of the forum yet? I am sick to the fucking teeth of seeing useless epithalamion threads and borderline self-parody mookid posts and impossibly dull, ill informed yet condescending mrmungbean/marsbars posts and mindless virtue signalling everywhere. The place is a hole.

before glitchwave:
"slay me Rich"
"spectralism is SUCH a meme genre..."
"avant teen is a mindset"

*everything is tranquil... we're not quite stable, but at least we have purpose..."

after glitchwave:
"KEK"
"DEGENERATE!!"
"WHO HERE LISTENS TO RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE??"
"GIT GUD"
"I LOVE QOTSA"

*everything is ruined. nothing is sacred... Lateralus becomes the #1 album of all time... rym is officially a lost cause*

he goes to a university tho

this is the worst post i've ever seen

>Robert Wyatt
This, I immediately click out of someone's profile when I see Rock Bottom in their 5.0s

Eh that'll just be the final nail in the coffin IMO. The community has been becoming increasingly worse and dying a slow death for a long time now, going as far back as 2011 (YMMV on that)

Arthur Russell
Robert Ashley
Polly Bradfield
Eliane Radigue

>he thinks attending a university means something in 2016

I'm glad they're at least having them as separate websites to help curb the kind of people it'll attract to Sonemic.

didn't say it does, you were wrong regardless

yes please.

I don't feel Sup Forums is very wide in terms of what genres they accept though. It's wider than other sites, that's for sure I won't argue that, but it clearly is centered around rap/indie/electronic/post rock stuff. and before somebody flips on indie being used as a genre, whenever somebody says something is indie - (anything) you usually have a pretty clear idea of what that person is saying, that's the point I'm making. For example I don't think I've ever had a good discussion on soul music on here, something I'd love to get to know more of, I've tried many a times. I post 3x3's and other charts, asking for recs, considering I've turned to only last.fm for the past like 6 years for all of my music, and rarely get recs, and if I do it's mostly stuff I've heard already.

I don't have a better taste than Sup Forums, I think I've finally just realized this isn't the place for me to talk about what I like.

better than not being in a university, fool

>music made by black people that isn't widely known hip hop or jazz artists
>on Sup Forums
you need to go to greener pastures bud

>Arthur Russell
Why?

rateyourmusic.com/~rolliepollieollie12

Embryo warning. I have literally only rated the top 100 and Trout Mask Replica.

rateyourmusic.com/~74av

everything

red flags on profiles:
-anime pic
-

"no"

It isnt just Sup Forums, most music discussion places on the internet are for the most part just rehashing talks about the same artists, bands, genres etc. I'm guessing there's specialzied forums out there for things like soul, disco, industrial, noise, j-pop et cetera but who knows how much traffic they get, I assume they're probably mostly dead.

not the guy you were replying to mate

University is a scam, friendo.

i was trying to add an artist to the database, and in the process of doing so i encountered this jshopa guy who was real fucking annoying (this was my first time adding something to the database and i had no idea he was a site admin). he was commenting suggestions on corrections of the smalllest little things in the most smug fucking way, i disliked him from square one. after a while, and after like 10 updates of the fucking artist bio i commented something like "jeez lousie this is harder than i'd ever expected it to be, i just wanna add the artist to the bloody site already". this jshopa guy then called me "belligerent" and said that if i wasn't gonna cooperate there was no need in trying to submit anything at all. idk what in response but it was something like "ok budster i'm on it. can't see why it's relevant but you're the boss". at this point i had figured out he was an admin but i was a bit sarcastic cuz he had been a dick all along. i changed the "search hint" for the artist to "gamelan guy on this release that's not on rym already", and since this fuck can't take a joke he suspended my account for a week.

>he was commenting suggestions on corrections of the smalllest little things in the most smug fucking way, i disliked him from square one.
Same.
It's pretty crazy.

yeah fuck jshopa

How can people say some things with so much certainty even though they are absolutely wrong?

I've spent the last 7 years of my life educating myself, watching as many films as possible, listening to as many records of all kinds of genres as possible and reading (with a focus on philosophy and the western canon) as much as possibly and yet I still feel like I barely know anything and am not competent enough/don't have enough knowledge to be an active participant of any discussion, because there's so much left to learn.

rateyourmusic.com/~daisiesfree

People who seem to know a lot know so much because they read literature on the music and specialize in just one or two genres

I want to know about everything and not specialize in just one genre.

yeah him and Process are autists
make it impossible to fix releases

The more you know, the more rounded you are, and the more valuable you are than the average person--you can fill in lots of places. Being a master is great, but it is also often limiting.

I always strive to be a jack over a master. A master is only useful once in a great while whilst a jack of many is useful most of the time.
The full quote is something along the lines of: "Jack of all trades but master of none. Often times better than a master of one."

or maybe you're all just idiots. how hard can it be to just follow the damn rules?

t. jshopa

rateyourmusic.com/~nothingandnowhere

why do images get so slowly approved desu, ridiculous imo

Is Gira just gonna keep making the same album until he dies

can anybody else not access mu threads a lot? I keep getting errors and shit

lend an RYMbro a hand

You've obviously never added anything to the database, as you're bovine waste.

over 50 artists mate, 100+ releases and images, it's easy when you're literate

why did randomforest delete his account

I'm the best!est!
rateyourmusic.com/~noff

>fantano too
I don't like them anymore

hell be fine

how the fuck can fruit be difficult or easy?

The biggest red flag for me is when I don't see a single Japanese girl in their 5s. All of you racists need to get off rym to be completely and totally honest.

So guys quick question, what would you rate this profile out of ten? It's really important.
rateyourmusic.com/~WhatIsChaos

grapefruit >>>>>>>>>>

Plen

>A++
>A+
>A
>average is B+
awful

lol

also there are no japanese girls in my 5.0s but a couple in my 4.5s, is that still okay?

He's a special snowflake but like does that detract from the score already established or was he an awful with the special snowflake taken out of consideration? I need to know.

Yeah totally cool and close enough.

wdhmbt?

The main problem of RYM is the slow and cheap approach to everything, from site updates to artwork approvals. Building a legion of smug, autistic moderators don't really help if you want to get a bigger audience like sharifi does.

Sharifi is like Robert Rodriguez in a way, applying the diy approach to everything doesn't work efficiently in the long term.

>wdhmbt

what the fuck does that actually mean?

>what did he mean by this

thanks senpai

rating fruit on music board lol so wacky xD

>Sharifi is like Robert Rodriguez in a way
what did he mean by this?

Your 5.0s are really fuckin boring

>there are people who STILL haven't listened to all of AW's 5 and 4.5 stars

hi casketjack

rating fruit on music board lol so wacky xD

is this picture ironic?