youtube.com/watch?v=At-p5loXVy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

21pilots

Vulfpeck

avril lavigne

JAPSHITFUN

MCR, blink183, the list goes on and on

ЦOЙ ЁПTA ЙAAAAAAAAA

21 pilots, death grips, animal collective, MCR, earl sweatshirt, grimes, adele, korn all saved my life

eeeee poккк

Angels & Airwaves

This is a little long, so bear with me...

I've suffered with depression and severe anxiety (panic disorder, more specifically) since I can remember. The severity of which varies depending on the state of things in my life. I went through a really difficult breakup several months ago and hit what I can only describe as rock bottom. All the color was drained from the world. I couldn't find joy in anything, even the things I used to love. I thought life was basically hopeless and it felt like only a matter of time before I committed suicide.

I first heard Animal Collective in 2005 when I decided to seek them out after hearing rave reviews about the album "Sung Tongs". I remember listening to the opening track "Leaf House" and the reaction I had to it was unlike any I'd had to music before. I didn't exactly love it, but I didn't hate it either. I had never heard anything like it, I was captivated. I couldn't stop listening to it, it was so infectious and weird. Fast forward to 2016 and I would say AnCo is easily my favorite band.

During this recent deep depression, I listened to a lot of music but most of it just became background noise to my relentless negative and suicidal thoughts. In anticipation of AnCo's new album, I decided to listen to the rest of the back catalog for the first time in quite a while. I listened to Alvin Row and was suddenly struck with the thought that this was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard. I had listened to it a million times before, but I never heard it this way. I wasn't hearing the song, I was feeling it. It was transcendent and haunting and discordant and beautiful all at the same time. I can't say exactly why it hit me in the way it did, but after I listened to it I felt different.

As I continued to go through the albums in chronological order, I found myself completely overwhelmed by the beauty of every song. The sharp noises and feedback reflecting my own personal anguish, the piano samples acting as the aural equivalent of watching shooting stars on a beautiful summer evening. They weren't sounds anymore, they were experiences. I remembered how beautiful the world is. How beautiful nature is. Life isn't hopeless... Yes, it can be cruel and devastatingly painful but there is so much to be enjoyed.

TL;DR - I wanted to die and then AC showed me that life is beautiful and worth living.

new copypasta?

so nickelodeon tunes saved your life?

I feel the same way about Death Grips. I started listening to them in the beginning of February on my own, after many friends had at different times tried to introduce me to them and I never could get into the group. Now I can safely say they are my favorite music group ever. Listening to them is a transcendent experience, each album is so unique, perfect and beautiful. I've also had some troubles recently (though not at bad as yours) and without these guys I don't think I would have been able to cope with everything. They've made me think about music differently, want to get in touch with my childish side again and abandon all my self-consciousness.

I might even get an MC Ride tattoo -- but I'm pretty sure I should listen to their music a bit longer before I take that step :)

Oh so this is what people mean when they talk about bands having shitty fanbases.

Glad you're doing better man. Although I don't struggle with any severe depression, I can totally relate to this post. Some days I'm bummed out and then hear a song like Yahatahachiman Part V and I'm just like dang, the world is so beautiful.

This is me with the words
On the tip of my tongue
And my eye on the scope
Down the barrel of a gun
Ill never act this way again

>I started listening to them in the beginning of February
Wew a whole 4 months.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Captain America Civil War is my favorite film of all time. I might get a tattoo of it. Not sure though maybe I should wait another 5 days.

Just the average Sup Forumstant, y'all.

Congrats man, depression is one of the most complicated things in life because everyone feels it differently. Check out Neutral Milk Hotel sometime, and stay strong bud.

Similar experience with them. I was severely depressed and honestly wanted to kill myself and had no one to talk to and no one was there to help me when I needed it most except Death Grips. I connected so much with their songs and found happiness in their music. So I owe my life to Stephen, Andy, and Zach cause they're the reason I'm still here today.

holy shit they're actually pretty good

youtu.be/51xuqMr1i7A

youtu.be/EIBD7L73I4Q

go back to hack forums you 12 year old

no means no omni

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine, My Chemical Romance and Panic! At The Disco

These guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=At-p5loXVy8

Both of these songs are god tier

>an Airbag saved my life

damn...

>bandname is band, all things it does are labelled as what they actually are, doesn't include any lifesavingcapacity, cuz is a cool band.