So everyone acknowledges that Panda Bear invented vaporwave with Search for Delicious, right?

so everyone acknowledges that Panda Bear invented vaporwave with Search for Delicious, right?
that deep voice sampled in Search for Delicious is a pitched down Enya sample
youtube.com/watch?v=n7ph0iPrvUk

Person Pitch was the first vaporwave album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QTh9vcgn5ww
youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0y1ZhdHT0
youtube.com/watch?v=YKevAk-TsMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Using samples / pitching down is not new.

Vaporwave was created as specifically anti-consumerist. PP wasn't that. It doesn't have the same feel either, no 80's pop synths.

/thread

>anti-consumerist
That's so pretentious, cringeworthy. It's just music, man. And actually not even that, it's basically all only ripped off from bands/artists from the 80s who actually had talent.

bump

Okay, thanks.

I know now you dont know what vaporwave is.

ugh
Why does anco attract the worst fanbase they deserve better.

dumbest thread today even worse than the grimes thread

and I'm sure you think Panda's superior to Screwston too, summerpleb

>believes music can be defined by some political nonsense that's put on top of it.

I see where you are coming from but no he didnt invent vaporwave. I'm sure he had some influence on james ferraro and opn. I think he even had opn for thanksgiving with his family.

but no
he didn't really invent vaporwave
but I do believe person pitch was the bridge from warm lofi indie music to this really glossy electronic stuff.

That's not what I said. I never commented about how the music was made to sound anti-consumerist.

It steals from 80's music to 'rebel' against it.

I'm not saying that Vaporwave is the smartest genre or that it's even good. Just PB isn't vaporwave.

>anti-consumerist
>floral shoppe costs $5 on vektroid's bandcamp

but its an ironic $5, right?

>implying I bought it

also see:

Person Pitch pioneered chillwave, not directly vaporwave

this this this this

it's like people forgot chill wave ever happened and how much it influenced in modern pop and electronic music

from 80s and early 90s. the vaporwave is a genre/idea that samples loops and chopped&screwed. but the idea behind it is the aesthetics imagery and the meaning behind all of it. thats why its a microgenre memegenre.
lol

literally the most based musician ever

We live in a capitalist society - we can't feasibly reject the system if we want to sustain ourselves and survive. That does't mean ppl can't criticise it or make a commentary on it...

first off, no.

secondly chopped and screwed musicians and boards of canada were doing that shit long before reverb bear.

You don't have to sustain yourself with your music. Plenty of people don't

You don't have to, sure. But if that's your vocation then why not. I don't see why it's not a valid source of income.

inxy?

Let's please steer this somewhere else.

Did Panda help lay the foundation for chillwave? I've heard people say Person Pitch is proto-chillwave, and that he and Ariel Pink (who is a close friend of his) basically planted seeds that eventually bloomed in the summer of 2009.

when did he get so bloated

When he got married and had children.

There's more pictures of Panda drinking than I would expect.

>Vaporwave was created as specifically anti-consumerist.
That's false. Even if it were true, it doesn't affect stylistic choices at all. DJ Screw invented vaporwave, btw

>i create music
>i could do many other things that fit into a capitalist society to sustain myself, but i choose to sell my music
>my music is inherently anti-consumerist, to the point where it is obvious and critical to its artistic value
>i am going to sell it for a profit
there goes the integrity of the art

he's still so cute even if he's a dad-like now

>1997
youtube.com/watch?v=QTh9vcgn5ww

youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0y1ZhdHT0

Dj screw invented vaporwave

How can one man be so kawaii?

Zach Hill's "Second Life" was the first vaporwave song.

The video even contains 90s aesthetics and head busts.

>youtube.com/watch?v=YKevAk-TsMA

Actually Jean-Michel Jarre invented vaporwave in 1983 with Music for Supermarkets.