>[YouTube] Not Found

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/
vocaroo.com/i/s1aw4rEv5SdR
clyp.it/l51ygftg
clyp.it/rvm1l5fd
youtube.com/watch?v=EN2cWWUHa5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Friendly reminder: the kiddies who post in /gg/ threads have nearly ***zero*** experience concerning guitar. Playing, repair, new player recommendations, etc. The average age in these threads is around early 20s: green as shit grass.

If you have an actual question this is probably one of the most uninformed & least knowledgeable places you could ever expect a proper answer to come from.

Be weary of any advice given here as it's amateur & perfunctory at best.

Have a nice day.

Also, friendly side note:

Anyone posting their gear here has made a decision (either consciously or unconsciously) that playing guitar is nothing more than a meaningless hobby, something along the lines of stamp or coin collecting. Their uninformed opinions and amateur advice are firmly rooted in this unserious mindset, music being secondary to the compulsion to accumulate and publicly display their "enviable" possessions.

Sup Forums is considered poison by most mature adults and is rightly shunned publicly for its immature, juvenile, and sometimes vile content. Lorde and the bassist from DIIV immediately spring to mind, both being heavily criticized for posting on Sup Forums and for their seeming willingness to be connected publicly to Sup Forums. No one with any real goals or aspirations would risk being contaminated with an association to this website, thus no serious musician would chance being recognized by posting their gear here. The only people who would be willing to subject themselves to this possibility would be the kind of hopeless, self-defeating troglodytes that routinely post on Sup Forums because they know they don't have any other options and nothing better (or more important) to do with their time. If you're posting on this site then you should be very familiar and thoroughly acquainted with this standard model Sup Forums user. There's no deliberate or pragmatic pursuit of knowledge or skill in these threads, just inane, unending circle jerking around gear, attention whoring, and fishing for replies.

For example: Aussiefag has been here for well over two years accomplishing absolutely nothing except for *getting some attention for himself*. The sad truth is that he has nothing else, this is his legacy: replying to other losers in /gg/ threads because his life is obviously devoid of any other social interaction.

If your goal is to wind up like this then posting gear here ad nauseum and avoiding actual musical discussion is definitely a good place to start.

Carry on.

Off to a great start. Insult everyone at the beginning of every thread, we know how effective trolling is at elevating the conversation. You need a time out.

Sage.

Oh, look. One of those inexperienced assblasted kiddies I mentioned earlier.

Better run put a trip on! That'll show me!

Literally every thread. This is some next level shitposting

amical recall that rule 10 is in action on Sup Forums - sound

also last gojira album fucking sucks holy shit

Hell yeah, inexperienced assblasted kiddie!

Better run off and tattle to the Mods!

at least I can attach an image to my post

Ah, and apparently you think spamming the same avatarfag images day after day (ad nauseum) is somehow different?

ok I just started reading the general, is this like some ceremonial shitposting that happens every thread

Sadly, Sup Forums doesn't have mods. The guy just keeps racking up Rule violations.

Yeah

Troll, please go troll /arg/ on /k/. I would love you forever.

You're doing god's work user

Newfag, Mods can't save you from me.

What do I do to actually be able to hear the treble strings? I tried to do some tapping on my guitar and I can barely hear it. It sounds great on the bass strings but sounds like shit on the higher ones, even with treble boosted on my amp. Is there a pedal or something to make them the same level?

adjust the eq on your amp

I did, right now it's set to
Bass 7
Mid 3
Treble 9
And tapping is still really weak. Do I just get a compression pedal?

I hear a compressor pedal will help, I was wondering the same thing yesterday.

>mids scooped
>can't figure out why his tapping sounds like shit

Tap harder, or raise your pickup on the treble side.
Getting a compressor would help, but you ruin any subtelity and make mistakes even more obvious.

strange problem. can you record a sample of it? even a shitty clip might help. plug right into the amp, volume & tone on the guitar all the way up, eq on the amp flat (all at the same level, set anywhere from 5-10, whatever sounds best in the room).

whatever the cause, a pedal is probably not the best solution.

is this only an issue when tapping?

>green big muff
disgusting

rude

hey, at least the danelectro isn't shitting up the signal chain

Epiphone doesn't make terrible les paul's

>the jack placement on that pikachu
lewd

/gg/ I'm fucked.

I have absolutely no money, the gear in the tuner box of my A string is busted, my electric busted a long time ago (pickup switch, needs electric work), the strings are years old because no money poor as fuck. I'm 19 and I'm going to Uni thanks to financial aid this fall.

Any advice here? Should I try to do a trade in with both guitars and hope for enough money to get a used classical guitar (ultimate goal)? These two were my first guitars ever, the electric was first, I saved spare change over a year to buy the Epiphone at $200.

Pic of the gear. Where can I get a gear like this? Will the local shops sell me them or make me buy repair services because I could just restring and fix it all up myself no problem. Only one way to find out...

I'm hoping for a part time financial aid work placement, so I can make like $100 a week or so. Maybe in a few months I can play again.

Have you tried the Internet?

A soldering iron is like $6.

>I'm hoping for a part time financial aid work placement
If you're already set up to get a part time financial aid work placement then you're already set up to get a part time job now.

Don't clog up this thread with stupid fucking questions like this.

WEW LAD

even if you can't find an exact replacement, you could slap a $7 peg in there and be playing in days. it might look weird and you might have to drill some small holes but fuck it

>I'm hoping for
I'm not set up.

Can't drive right now. Heavily medicated. I need special accommodations at Uni, and they're trying to get me placed into a job I can do.

Don't clog up this thread with stupid fucking replies like this user, it just makes you look bad : ^ )

Maybe you can take an ESL class while you shitpost.

I'll try a local shop, thanks. Pretty sure Laguna offers manuals on how their guitars are built I remember having a pdf of one.

thank you lads, but I just thought of an idea for my poor ass.

Use the electric tuners on the acoustic. Not like I can afford to waste any more money, I'm sure I have a set of strings lying around, or maybe I'll just make due with the old ones.

Will keep the website bookmarked so I can buy decent tuners when I have money. Again thank you.

if you're truly destitute you can try boiling your strings. it removes some of the gunk that dulls their tone and can extend their life. never done it myself but i've seen old blues dorks discuss it on forums

vocaroo.com/i/s1aw4rEv5SdR
simple tapping/hammer on, audio quality a shit since it's my laptop mic, but you get the general idea
yeah, it sounds fine when I play with a pic

oh man you are taking me back.

my first guitar was that same exact blue epi lp standard. i loved the look of it.
i remember walking into guitar center for the very first time expecting to walk out with a red and black SG.
nope
as soon as i saw that beauty i knew.

traded it for an explorer last year tho.
i dont miss it. g string sucked ass at staying in tune.

that last string definitely sounds weird, i hear what you mean. a tap on any string, any fret, should be done with enough strength that it rings as loud as it would if it were picked. if it rings normally picked but not when tapped, then it's an issue with technique. the reduced thickness of the string might be affecting how much of the pad of your finger presses against it, possibly causing it to extend far enough to mute the ringing. experiment with the placement of your taps - right on the fret, just behind, farther behind, etc. it really should ring just like has been picked.

regarding compressors, they're an integral aspect of a lot of great guitar sounds. at the same time, though, they will cover some of the dynamic issues caused by unstable technique. don't get one until you're very comfortable with your technique. you want to hear those details at this point, not hide them.

so this guy makes the threads hes trying to destroy?

for what fucking purpose is this trolling?

Boys have you heard this fucking guy play? How the fuck does he get that vibrato and attack? Is it the black nail polish?

Why is it always the G string?

Alright Sup Forums take a stab at this one. What song is it?

clyp.it/l51ygftg

Damn that shit sounds familiar, I have no idea though

later in the song
clyp.it/rvm1l5fd

I give up, what is it?

The picture was a hint ;)

Yknow, I had that same issue too, even had a dead note on 3rd fret but a friend of mine did some tweaking to the bridge and it never happened again

youtube.com/watch?v=EN2cWWUHa5g

Does anyone know what the three chords are in David Bowie's Lazarus that are played after each line in the verses?

You guys ever build your own?

because they are an attention whore

are you sure you're not just bad at tapping

don't feed it tho

>tfw broke a string trying to play Pinch Harmonics
never again

i had an amp break a couple years ago, but it finally occurred to me to just hook up two of my practice amps together for the same volume. is this gonna end badly or is it perfectly fine?

also my old squier needs electric work on the inside, how much does a repair shop usually cost for putting in better wiring?

you mean as in partscaster or carving it myself?
also nice tele my man

>FX loop out -> preamp in
you're fine. the loop output levels are much higher than an instrument so the input gain on the bottom amp will want to be low. between that and the impedance mismatch you'll still probably experience distortion but nothing will break.

Has anybody ever had problems with a high pitched whine from a carbon copy? Whenever I turn the delay knob past 3 o clock it starts to whine like crazy

Don't lie... you already did it. Did it work? I had a friend hooked up 2 2x12 combos together, worked fine.

I'm not sure what this piece is called, but it has fallen down underneath the screwheads. I cannot get the screws to line back up with the countersink. I'm not sure if one has gone crooked or what. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Is popping out the screws and rescrewing them a bad idea? Should I glue the screwheads into the countersink??

Rate my rig

nope, mine doesnt do that

you may have a bugged pedal m8, id get that looked at

timestamp or its not yours

It's a string tree. The strings go under it, that's why it fell down

longer delay time is achieved by slowing down the clock speed. usually the clock is fast enough to be at an inaudible frequency (or at least above the lowpass filter) but sometimes it dips down into audible range.

i've never used a carbon copy - has it made that noise the entire time or is this new? do ppl on other forums have similar reports?

grounding issues can fuck with lowpass filters, allowing the clock to pass through the audio out. the first thing to check would be the solder points on the ground connection on each jack. assuming it's not a design issue, ofc

guitar center stickers/10

yeah but the screwheads dont line up with the countersinks anymore

Fender cocksucker/10

so screws are at an angle and the tree can't move all the way up anymore? if so, try unscrewing, then screwing back in with the tree held up to frame 'em up. give each screw one one turn at a time, putting them both in place in parallel

Well the thing is that it just started happening on its own, I'm using the same power supply and cables, one day it just started making this sound

It's new out of the box I didn't order it from GC

You actually took the time to take a pic with a timestamp? See . lel, what a desperate fucking loser.

nice dadrock memegear

he actually did it, what an absolute madman

oh word. you gotta make sure these days...

nice amp, i want one of those. but a fender guitar AND a fender amp is too bright for my tastes.

whats the pedal behind the amp?

aww the troll is mad

It's an old Ibanez BC-9 Bi-Mode Chorus pedal. It sounds pretty nice when it's EQ'd properly and the battery doesn't short out.

hey idiot, stop being a fucking idiot
seriously did you all start using the internet in 2015

Holy shit you're still replying?

It's just full on unending lulz at this point.

chill

then something failed internally. jack solder points are the likely culprit and are easiest to fix. if it's something else then gl m8.

Anyone know a price on this Dean? I'm trying to sell it but I'm just not sure.
I believe it's the Vendetta 4.0, model number VN4.

my amp makes a thin high pitch buzz and usually that's fine but it's fucking up my recordings
what can i do about this?

>inb4 change amp

Straight parts. That tele is one of the biggest mosh mashes ever

how much did you buy it for?

All jokes aside I appreciate you playing along though, you've been a big help.

noise suppressor pedal
like the boss ns-2
or the mxr noise gate

or diy fixing the wires inside the amp if you are experienced with that

I AM GOD ALMIGHTY

niqqa just pay the garbagemen to take it away

praise be unto him

>fixing the wires
are you experienced with that? what could be causing the noise?

first identify the source of the noise. confirm that it happens regardless of what's plugged into it. then, does it vary in volume along with the gain knob, or just the volume? if gain, then it's in the preamp. if not gain and just volume, then it's in the power amp.

confirm that it happens on other power sources - like, not just your house. if so, then try putting in fresh tubes. preamp or poweramp, depending on the results of the previous experiment.

Fenderfag here who posted the Deluxe reverb w/ strat

What's Sup Forums's general consensus on Dean? I'm not interested in buying one but I used to be in that "emgs are the best for muh brootalz" stage and my friend who's still in that stage is always raving about them. I always found them quite cheap to a nice American-manufactured Fender but I want to hear your guys' opinion.

it's the amp, that's for sure.
it gets filtered away when i roll off the treble, that means it's the pre right?