Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=axMrhFGj4uo
youtube.com/watch?v=SJHqDA1k0D0
youtube.com/watch?v=iPfO5e65K_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=kLIxb1cZKW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

great record

It had its moments

There's like 4 good songs on it but those songs are so good that it's worth it.

Early years was better

7/10 pretty nice lp + have seen them live, they are ok band

SHES A GENT
GIVE HER A CALL
MY DAUGHTER PAUL

shit tier post-punk

Their best song will always be a cover

I liked it, Paul is great

Boring, but not outright bad. There's really nothing that makes this band stand out.

>post-punk

Interesting, how so user?

Well, they're not exactly breaking new ground here. It's very plain.

I'm not sure what the vocalist is going for, but he sounds annoying to me. The guitar is trying to work as more of a texture/noise thing than a traditional lead guitar, but it's a very bland sort of noise. The rhythm section doesn't do a single interesting thing. Just straight, basic beats and riffs.

>plain
>annoying
>bland
>interesting

you should come to realize when you ACTUALLY don't have anything to say, and then not say anything. took me a few years to realize this myself, but nobody told me this when I was your age too so maybe this'll help.

But to share my opinion on this album, I really love it. It's a very dancey no-wave album which kind of surprises me and I really love the desparate and manic way the lyrics are delivered. It really gets me excited.

The Early Years is also really good.

>post-punk
Girl Band is noise rock, bruh.

good album

It was one of my AOTY last year.

misogynistic trash

bruh, noise rock is post-punk

I was really hyped for this album when it came out cause they were my favorite band at the moment and when i played the vinyl i preordered i thought it was just a shitty pressing but turns out the mixing was actually just really bad. Apparently they went into the studio with very little prepared and finished the thing in 9 days?

Everytime i try to listen to it i get annoyed and put on literally any of their older EPs/singles which are GOAT. Paul is a great song though and i have high hopes for their next album as long as someone else produces it.

bruh, if anything it's post-hardcore

shit

You should probably get over that and enjoy the songs. It sounds just fine for a noise-rock record.

Class one. Awesome band. Especially live.

Nah, how much have you listened to their older stuff? I'd even take the live youtube rip i have of In Halves over most of the songs off Holding Hands With Jamie, and im pretty sure they were in high school for that show.

It amazes me how well they've been received outside of Ireland with how esoteric some of their lyrics are.

I've listened to The Early Years and I noticed nothing really different. You are still missing out by just not listening to the music.

Some of the lyrics are pretty obscure seeming. Do you have any specific examples that a non-Ireland person wouldn't understand? Would love to hear some.

Off the top of my head, sudocrem from pears for lunch is an antiseptic produced in Ireland. He pronounces it wrong on purpose like a lot or Irish people do. "legged it around the gaff" means running around the house. Ronny mentioned in Paul means mustache. Can't think of anything else but there is a lot

The EP was better
No fucking way, sorry Luci

t b h you're the one missing out on all their other material. They've got an albums worth of other songs with France 98 and like 5 other singles which are all amazing. i've listened to HHWJ enough times to know that i'd rather just be listening to their other stuff. Still one of my favorite bands though and i have high hopes for their next release.

youtube.com/watch?v=axMrhFGj4uo
youtube.com/watch?v=SJHqDA1k0D0
youtube.com/watch?v=iPfO5e65K_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=kLIxb1cZKW4

pretty sure the only way to get that last song is with a youtube rip but it's fucking amazing and i wish they'ed re-record it.

Bump

hope they tour near me soon

I'm pretty sure Centra Chicken Fillet rolls and O'Connell Street are mentioned at some point.