Can someone recommend some vaporwave to me?

can someone recommend some vaporwave to me?

essential vaporwave albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-555316766/2016-06-03-0001014-04000-vaperwave-palm-trees
youtube.com/watch?v=hB6AHhNLBqk
youtube.com/watch?v=72uhmnNXySc&list=PLov5fhWrOh_hc4HN3WQWjGkBtzSSnkv1e
youtube.com/watch?v=mS6GiV_CFHA
youtube.com/watch?v=jS7_I-HngPM
computer-gaze.bandcamp.com/album/computer-death
computer-gaze.bandcamp.com/album/computer-decay
computer-gaze.bandcamp.com/album/computer-afterlife
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>essential vaporware

I like the future funk subgenre. St Pepsi's Hit Vibes, Macross has some fun albums too (Sailorwave, that other one...A million miles away?)

I honestly don't get why this is a meme.

Is this just something I'm not meant to understand?

you just posted it

that's it.

Floral Shoppe, Vektroid, 2814, Saint Pepsi, Jason Aldean, Luxury Elite, Alien Kids, the list goes on..

soundcloud.com/user-555316766/2016-06-03-0001014-04000-vaperwave-palm-trees

also this

I'm not even trying to meme. I truly unironically like vaporwave

I bet you're that guys who thinks people like ITAOTS and Lil B only ironically too

Fuck these punk bitch haters. Give Visaプリペイド or PrismCorp a try. Dreamy, easy-listening vaporwave.

Strongly reccing the vaportrap section. Mana Pool has a really tight drill kind of beat that's consistent through the whole album. Honestly, it's my favorite thing I've listened to all year, in terms of just fun and enjoyment.

DUDE SLOWED DOWN SAMPLES AND DRUM MACHINES LMAO

CAPS LOCK AND STEREOTYPES HEEHAW

STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE

Sailorwave and the Blank Banshee albums are my favorites

how's it a stereotype? vaporwave is *literally* talentless 17 year old slowing down samples and packaging it with juvenile "anti-capitalist" imagery

STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE

blank banshee

>talentless
Slowed down is just one small part of it. It can be droning and haunting, or digital and sexy. Floral Shoppe is all you know?

Check out:
Yung Bae
Infinity Frequencies
Saint Pepsi
Hong Kong Express
Simpson wave is pretty entertaining

youtube.com/watch?v=hB6AHhNLBqk

youtube.com/watch?v=72uhmnNXySc&list=PLov5fhWrOh_hc4HN3WQWjGkBtzSSnkv1e

lol I've literally listened to all of these. when it's not actual slowed down samples it's trying to emulate what slowed down samples would sound like. vaporwave is the most creatively bankrupt "genre" to have ever existed, it's lazy music that simply feeds off nostalgia

Listened to Bae 2 and I can't see a spec of talent tbqh.
Sounds like he just took bunch of funky city pop music and added some beats over

yung bae and saint pepsi and simpsonswave are terrible terrible examples if you want to prove vaporwave has talent. yung bae and st pepsi are the epitome of dude stolen funk loops and kicks/filter lmao.

this shit

really ambient and dreamy but flows so well.
9/10 must listen to

artist is 2814 btw. Can't really tell by the cover

What you see as flaws, I see as the charms. I like these distorted and unoriginal remixes. You either like it or you don't. If you listen to Melanie Martinez or Drake these days you will see how vaporwave is contagious, then you see that it can indeed be a genre once it stems out from Bandcamp and Youtube. It has a specific umbrella realm of sound. How we define what constitutes as Vaporwave is also something tricky that holds me from using examples that AREN'T 17 year olds on Bandcamp. Is Burial vaporwave? Is XXYYXX vaporwave? Is Drake's Hotline Bling vaporwave at all?
I'm not saying its Beethoven but it has merit. Stealing is one of the major points of vaporwave, along with the anonymity. It's ambient music made from repurposed songs made to create a different reaction.

This is a good album. And it's made with real instruments too and original music trying to create that slow 80s atmosphere.

>vaporwave fan
>functional, intelligent human being

Pick one.

ATMOSPHERES 1 and 2 by Eco Virtual

you just don't get it bro you need to smoke all the weeds and grow up in 1999 playing simcity and watching cartoons from japan late at night in the pre 9/11 world with upper middle class parents and a crt monitor bro aesthetics good vibes chill bro

Haha so true. This genre isn't even about the music or how it sounds, it's just about the ''aesthetics'' and imagery it conjures up. It's not good music at all, but it makes you feel a certain way.

jelly underage fags born in the 2000s detected

Ford & Lopatin - Channel Pressure (2011)

This has the vape aesthetic but I can't find the samples so I'm guessing it's mostly original material.

youtube.com/watch?v=mS6GiV_CFHA
youtube.com/watch?v=jS7_I-HngPM

I was going to post this, listening to it rn

This.

Out of all the vaporwave I've heard, this is the only one that's truly stuck with me.

short and sweet

midnight television - s/t

aint vapor senpai

These three are my personal favourite vaporwave albums. If you like Replica by OPN, you'll probably enjoy these. Make sure you listen to all three of them in one sitting.
computer-gaze.bandcamp.com/album/computer-death
computer-gaze.bandcamp.com/album/computer-decay
computer-gaze.bandcamp.com/album/computer-afterlife

Forgot cover

this is pretty good desu