Has anyone seen swans live?

There coming to my area and tickets are 100. Is it worth it ? If you've been to one how was it? Any crazy shit? How loud

Yes, it was incredible. Go.

wait why is it 100 bucks? is it a festival? or is that not dollars?

>100
yen?

No it's 100 and it's just them playing.

100 US trump dollars

well, i'd say it's still worth it. but jeez, $100 is pretty steep, I saw them for like 35 bucks last year

theyre good but not worth 100 bucks sorry.

My bad bros someone was re saleing them for 100 but actual price is 35!

Was it as loud as people really claim there shows are? How was the atmosphere?

oh yes, it's very very loud. Idk what your stance on earplugs is, I'm usually not about them cause they never seem to fit right and do little other than muffle sounds for me. But when I saw them I learned why people like earplugs, cause my hearing was shot for a week.

Granted, it was probably made louder by the fact that the Roxy is a pretty small venue. Also the AC was turned off at the behest of M. Gira, so it was really hot and intense. I realize none of this is describing any kind of good side to it, but seeing them live is definitely something everybody should at least try, cause it's definitely otherworldly

Bring earplugs, don't take pics.

im seeing them next week but im only paying $25

*month

I saw them at a festival on The Seer tour and they were pretty loud, mostly because of the space being in a basement of a bar. Also there were only like 20 people which was a shock though when they first started I was outside in line and you could tell to which at least 25 people ran out of the bar.

I photographed them live for a media organization.
Is it worth $100? Sure, if you like Swans. I paid $20 but don't let me stop you.

How was it? Amazing. A group of incredibly gifted musicians performing their hard work and loving every second of it.

Any crazy shit? No, not really. They stick around to sign shit. Don't be an annoying asshole.

How loud? Loud. Fucking loud. Not the loudest show I've ever been to but if you don't bring earplugs you deserve every ounce of tinnitus you develop down the road

Alright cool I will will defs buy earplugs. I've seems SP live before and I thought they were pretty loud but idk maybe they don't compare. I don't want to lose my hearing I hope the plugs work

I saw them in San Francisco last year and it was absolutely insane. Go.

Can I atleast record without flash?

Was it so loud you go deaf?

How could it possibly cost 100 dollars? they're playing in my town for 21 bucks

saw em at coachella. maybe 50 people were watching them. they only played 2 songs but it was a 35 min set? was up front to the gate and the intensity this band puts out is unreal. the way I described it to my friends that night was that satan ripped a hole in the ground and this is what came out of the earth. definitely wear earplugs. gonna see them in L.A and debating to see them the next day in SF since it might be the last time i could see em

you will most definitely have tinnitus after the show, if you don't hurt your ears that often it won't be a big deal but if your ears are already shot you could risk getting tinnitus permanently

I'm iffy about using earplugs for most shows in general since they can make the sound less enjoyable, but for Swans they are an absolute must. Anyone who says you can't experience the music properly with earplugs is an idiot who is in denial about their own hearing issues.

WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE?

Or, ya know, they don't care about hearing problems. Still retarded tho I agree.

They're great. I saw them at trees in Dallas right after to be kind came out. Tix were only 40 though and it's kind of a small venue. Gira stayed and talked to people. Their tour merch was really nice. Loudest show I've ever heard my ears were ringing for days make sure to bring plugs if you wanna get close to the stage. Don't take any pictures during the show unless youre real sneaky about it cause they hate that shit.

im taking my dad to see Swans in a couple months. i sent him some articles about them for context and he keeps on jokingly asking if he's gonna go deaf. i told him we'll wear earplugs but i think he's legitimately a little nervous about it lmao

I went last year for 35€. It was loud, but bearable. The average age of the audience was around 35 though. That was pretty cool.

No. Gira will spit at you.

They aren't coming to my country. Thinking about going abroad just to see them before it's over. Could be cool, I'm thinking of seeing them in Berlin.

This is bullshit, I recorded for like five seconds, and he never notices these things. Joseph's way too deep inside him at that point for him to care.

Saw them last year in Sydney, it was fucking great. And loud.

saw them last year. loud AF but one of the best shows i've seen ever. go!

Price is steep. I've seen them twice for around £18 (25 US?) Very loud, intimidating sound. Seeing them live both times has been like a spiritual experience if I'm completely honest. I'd say worth it man. You can see the bands hard work during the show...its almost like watching a bunch of incredibly skilled tradesman (led by an insane preacher) who have traveled far to blow your head off, and then leave to move on to the next city. Go, i'm seeing them 2-3 times this year due to how relatively small my island is :p. besides... i like the soothing ambient hums and squealing sirens of tinnitus.

I saw them 2 times, first time I was sitting pretty far away, it was not too loud, still really loud tho. Second time I stood front row, jesus fucking fuck were they loud, I forgot my earplugs in my coat, so I tore up the programme pamphlet and stuffed them in my ears like a real retard, because my ears started to hurt, also Gira stared in my eyes a few times, like he was gonna jump off the stage and tear my lungs out

Gira will come into the audience, take your camera and record YOU