>entire crowd of like 150 people singing along
>song: "AND I'LL PROUDLY STAND UP" (cymbal crash) "NEXT TO YOU"
>crowd: "AND I'LL PROUDLY STAND UP... NEXT TO Y-NEXT TO YOU"

I love that one fucking measure with the single extra beat

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3e9Cl1-Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=5DTbashsKic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Elementary school through high school in my area if 9/11 fell on a school day they would play the entirety of this song over the P.A. that they use for morning announcements. Pure misery

that pause and "next to you" part is one of the greatest few seconds in american pop music

>some patriotic bullshit assembly I had to go play tuba at as part of the band in high school
>we're playing a sousa march on the gym where all ~1000 students have gathered
>redneck corner of the gym decides it's a good idea to start stomping and clapping "in time"
>it starts spreading and somehow manages to become the beat to "We Will Rock You" in the process
>gets even more out of time, practically a hemiola at this point
>already shitty percussion section starts fucking up even more
>second tuba sitting next to me starts playing on the offbeats
>crowd gets even louder
>eventually two thirds through the march the conductor cuts us off
>triangle player keeps playing for about two measures afterwards
>we silently leave the gym even though we were supposed to wait until afterwards
>the yearly band performance at these assemblies was mysteriously dropped from the program the following years

did anyone else have recruiters in their high schools

damn, that kinda sounds like the Wewillrocku Effect in action

>tfw elementary school is half education and half indoctrination

lel

yeah I knew one kid who came to school dressed in his cousin's old fatigues every day and tried to correct a recruiter on some bullshit aspect of his uniform

good god the anal seepage that came out of that cafeteria that day, the guy fucking laid into him and he just stood there and took it, it was fantastic

yeah
they're at colleges too

>Patriotic and bullshit in the same sentence

>Patriotism in the age of globalism

Smash cultural marxism

i'm voting for trump but desu it was just a fucking shit event, comic sans powerpoint with low-res flag pictures, the song was playing on a fucking portable boombox in the gym, etc.

global society =/= cultural marxism

hahahaha

nice one

i think its less weird at college. at that point people feel sorta-kinda like adults that can make informed decisions

globalism will lead to a post-state society where megacorporations hold more power than governments, so cultures won't be held as equal, but will be judged by their profit margins

America isn't the 4th Rome.

we used to clap the cymbal crash when we were forced to sing that song in elementary school.

fun fact: greenwood also has a 'god bless canada,' which is basically the same as 'god bless the usa' with a few lyrics changed
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3e9Cl1-Bs

Sorry, that was supposed to be green texted. America will absolutely rise to the status of 4th Rome.

"To be a good American you dont need to love your governmenrt, you just need to love your country" - George Bush in Harold and Kumar: Escape From Guantanamo Bay

That goes by the assumption that cultures have ever been held as equal.

that's what's happening right now

You may hold them as equal, but that doesn't go for everyone. People who don't believe in your set of values but are aware that you abide by them can take advantage of them.

I don't hold them as equal, but in the political climate as a whole that's the trend

>daddy how was America like before 9/11

What do?

youtube.com/watch?v=5DTbashsKic

This little ginger dude tried to sell me on "You know not all soldiers are just meatheads. I did my training at a fort full of nerds like you guys." and then I told him I object to war. What a dickhead

Better communication/intercontinental transport =/= equality

you're going off on a tangent there
Treating cultures like they're equal is the status quo right now, it's why you don't see feminists campaigning against islam

There's a massive weeb/nerd population in the military, though.

Just think of the ROTC kids, those are the same type of people that enlist.

>unironically typing 'cultural marxism'

enjoy that third-tier state university bruh.

It's the status quo in the West, yes.

>it was the best son

I know but the fact that he took me for some cretin hurt my self esteem. Of course, I am the faggot on Sup Forums. But anyhow I remember that stupid symbol crash bullshit patriotic song so clearly. I wonder if they still play that song to kids all the time. Its like some fucking Orwellian shit.

I'm pretty high listening to Kid A

anyone /fiftynifty/ here?

Ask your mommy to move you to Mexico you worthless faggot.

Enjoy killing yourself in November, cuck wipe.

dude have you been to college lately

>russia ever being the 3rd rome
good joke

Man, I'm British and I thought that prayers in assembly was some top-level Orwellian shit, but you Yankees have to go and out-do us again.

>elementary school
>music class
>i 'played' the trumpet
>i really just slacked off
>only really knew how to hold it and clean it and sometimes make notes
>near the end of the year we're supposed to play the theme to star wars
>i didn't practice at all because i wasn't listening when they told me about it
>everyone else in the class was working their asses off for a month while i was just fucking around
>when we performed i sat in my chair looking at the crowd with my trumpet in my hand for a half hour
this is part of the reason why everyone i knew in elementary school thinks i'm retarded

>Go to a graduation
>They play the star spangled banner
>What kind of bourgeoisie propaganda...
>Realize that everyone has been indoctrinated since kindergarten by doing the pledge of allegiance

>everytime a black woman with a whole lot of soul gets to sing the National Anthem

Sam is that you?

>everytime someone goes up to sing the national anthem and they think the only way to sing with soul is to sing so loud that the speakers distort
>when they sing ntHE ROCKETS RED GLAAAAAARE and everyone claps

even better is when they stop with a dramatic pause after every line
>THE ROCKETS' RED GLARE
>...
>THE BOMBS BURSTING IN AIR
>...
or (and I'm not making this shit up) the one time I heard some amateur singer change key every phrase in a way that almost seemed intentional