/daily/ - Get tha 5s edition

It's the 5th of October

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, talk about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you're going to listen to in the following month, gas the burgeoise, seize the means of production, get digits.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>new topsters

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>new plug.dj room now that it appears to work again

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension of bad choices and silent regret (aka "taste")

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.

Most importantly, give me those 5s or I'll kill you

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fw4gYWkXgo
youtube.com/watch?v=FiKa_JrULT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For the 5s

first for dat boi

anime wins

Work has got me down Sup Forums. I can hardly listen to any music

Fort Boise

This 65555555 shit is going to take forever at this rate

he wants these gets

H

>decide to check out daily to see what even happens in this thread
>every post so far has been made by a tripfag
hooooooly shit what

:0 :0 :0

Are you really Fish?

Asking for a friend

the more you post about it the faster it will arrive

thats the point
theyre gonna bully you and say hello newfriend but dont worry about it

just post a lot

nice

nah

Nice

nice

thanks

...Dubs

im going to shower. by the time I get back we better be close.

I'm listening to this, it's Kemialliset Ystävät

it's a freak folk album from back when everyone was freaking out about freak folk, and it sounds completely, entirely different from how I remember it sounding.

I know sometimes people like to compliment an album by saying "It sounds different every time!", like Trout Mask or Loveless, but I mean I don't even vaguely recognize this. It has been awhile

Has anyone else ever had this experience?

I don't even listen to music but that is a nice mem op

I'm showering in a while too. I hope we get this one.
t-thanks

fuck daily

How many times do you listen to an album before you decide you like it?

poop man...
8 billion

one time

nice trips

Hopefully I will finish this by the time the weekend ends

>being this obsessed with repeating digits
What is wrong with you? Autistic? Hyperactive?

good luck, man. I admire your dedication.

yes

>5551333
c'mon don't tell me that they don't look nice

nice dubs

thanks

agreed

thanks

nice dubs

nice dubs

ty

nice dubs

ty

good evening daily i am on opiates and listening to glitch

There aren't many posts on this board

It's easy to get dubs

I was referring more to his fascination on every post that ends in dubs, which isn't even rare in the first place

there are some boards with much less traffic

well if they're not that rare then why don't you have any, pal?

Because I don't spam threads like some other people do

ha nice singles

Okay, I'm done talking with idiots for today, have a nice day

you too!

I know nothing about cinema - i'm more into static visual arts - but i watched this on a big screen in a museum and it terrified me:
youtube.com/watch?v=-fw4gYWkXgo

What's the best grunge album in your opinion?

With the Lights Out
(if that counts)

gibe tourney rec

With the Lights Out
(if that counts)

I only have Gensho left to do, but I didn't get around to it. I'm gonna have to listen to it multiple times anyways (just like Dronevil, which is one of the reasons this has taken so long) but I'll start Thrift Store Tourney Tomorrow as well hopefully.

Anyways, from best to worst:

>Keiji Haino, Jim O'Rourke & Oren Ambarchi - I Wonder...
Def one of my AOTYSF. Haino has surprised me a lot but then out of nowhere the dude is speaking English which I can recall him doing on any of the material I've heard. Excellent bass and drum work here, especially on the last track, and Haino is just doin' his thing the whole while ya know? Middle two tracks drag a bit in parts that aren't necessarily to their benefit, but nothing egregiously so.

Real talk tho are the rest of their collabs as good as this? I probably need to backlog those ASAP.

>Boris With Merzbow - Rock Dream
Ah yeh. This has some fucking sick moments and I'm sure I don't need to tell you why since this is Boris and Merzbow I mean c'mon. However, there are two big problems with this: Takeshi's constant "YEAH"s in some tracks occasionally get tiresome, and this suffers all the recording shitties you'd expect in a metal/noise live collab album. I imagine they did their best mixing everything, but there's not many ways to get such a thing sounding that great.

>LRD - Heavier Than a Death in the Family
This has one of my favorite versions of "Night of the Assassins" I can remember off the top of my head, but otherwise this is pretty much what you'd expect from these guys. Tracks 2 and 5 are nothing special, while the other four are basically what you've heard before. A good comp, just nothing to sing praises about.

>John Coltrane - Ascension
I really enjoyed this at the beginning. "Oh yeah, this is one of his bests!" After about 12 minutes, I kinda started to lose interest. After side one, I was bored. When side two was done, I thought that that was a pretty easy 180 I did on this thing. Immediately playing it again showed some more strong points, but I can't shake the feeling that this is just inherently more restrictive than some "free" albums and I really just don't love it as much. I respect the dude to hell and back, but this was just pretty good.

>Alice Coltrane feat. Pharoah Sanders - Journey in Satchidananda
While I liked a lot of this, especially the last half, this really pales in comparison to Karma, which people often compare it to. I wouldn't call that album "free" but the spiritual qualities it has are tangible and feel guided, while this just feels floaty and occasionally obtuse. Mrs. Coltrane is a great harp player but I'm not entirely sold on the mixing of this brand of jazz and the Hindu music. Seems somewhat unblended in this circumstance.

>Boris - Dronevil
Only learned that this album is meant to have both discs play together (like Gensho) when I was most of the way done with the first disc "drone". Apart, the experience is a 4, but the ambient pieces do add a lot to the heavier parts, but I just wasn't a huge fan of the more empty spots. Together the experience is a 6, but I'm gonna average them out because I'm autistic.

>The Gerogerigegege - 燃えない灰 (Moenai Hai)
Literally trollface the album. First song is actually an interesting dark ambient piece for a few minutes, but then dissolves into nothing special. Second track is a pretty effective jumpscare, with an almost 15-minute noise/shoegaze track. Pretty cool for a few minutes, but then it's not. After like seven minutes of the exact same thing eventually another rhythm comes in, but it's not for a while. 3rd track is bullshit lowercase for 20 minutes. 4th track has another epic jumpscare, and then some shithead kid laughs his ass off, then silence, then a toy instrument. The whole time I could only imagine how fun it would be to plan an album like this, especially when dumb fanboys will love it regardless. Has some radical moments, but it's basically the scary maze game in audible form.

>Simon Finn - Pass the Distance
Why do I keep doing avant-folk and Current 93-likes? It's not going to make me happy and only going to piss off /daily/ more. Jerusalem was fantastic, but I didn't really find much more of substance here, even with the bonus tracks.

>The Microphones - Don't Wake Me Up
There's like 5 worse versions of songs later refined on the Glow Part 2. Felt like people give these extra Microphones/Mount Eerie albums more than they're due. Best part of the album are the few seconds where Phil is covering Good Vibrations, which would've been the best song on here by far if left in tact.

If these reviews are terrible I'm sorry, but I felt most of these felt a proper "more-than-a-'review'" ya know? It's also 3 AM and I've been up for nearly 22 hours so I'm burnt out as shit. Bed for now. Good night.

Oh my god we're so close to but I need to sleep. Eurobros promise me you'll just spam posts in a couple hours to ensure our get.

Keep listening to Pass the Distance, it's an album that is better than one realizes at forst

Did you see my rec? It was Dr. John - Gris Gris

>You didn't dislike it, you just didn't hear it enough!
I'm just not into this brand of folk. Sorry. I might come back to it since so many on /daily/ like it though.

nice dubs

jan anderzan is a master, if you like that you should listen to his stuff as tomutonttu as well as the mixtape he put out.

I don't post in these threads but I have an album that I bet a lot of you would like, should I post it here?

I'm going to bed for real tho. I leave the get in your hands.

nice dubs

also go ahead

I'll give it a listen. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=FiKa_JrULT8

It's a mix of russian punk, spoken word, noise, sound collage, and folk

came out around 1989 and there are a bunch of albums by the guy that are in the top 10000 on RYM

v nice

Backlog'd. Thanks my dude.

Guys

We're approaching digits

>Real talk tho are the rest of their collabs as good as this?
"Tea Time For Those Determined..." is the best of theirs imo, Imikuzushi also is pretty fucking great, so yeah, check those out.

You do realize that Heavier Than a Death in the Family is '77 Live with the track listing switched up a bit and with one track that isn't on '77 Live, right?

Nice dubs

exactly 500 off

nice dubs

I'm also getting the big digits, dw.

FYI topsters.net works again so you could put the link back in the OP post so people who prefer it know it.

And also not only do I feel the tracks flow more naturally on '77 live, but also the fact that the better tracks are there + it's pretty much what I've already heard on '77 live just with worse listing so yeah 7/10 seems like a fair score.

also I'm very tired so I'm sorry if I don't seem articulate.

dude as long as kpop doesn't get it idec

We are so close to this get I can taste it

EVERYONE WHO IS UP POST LIKE CRAZY. WE WILL ONLY INCREASE OUR CHANCES OF THE GET

GOGOGO

wait, nvm, we're 400 posts away, we can chill for a bit guys.

nice 5

nice 5 [2]

get yet

nah man

/\/\3/\/\3Z

IMMINENT

GOOOOO

get

Also Ground Zero best band

for da boyz

fug

nice get, if you like GZ listen to

Sup Forums doesn't deserve

Yooooooooo

Comrades

GET

if 5 everybody has to listen to a deadmau5 album.

le fusion helicopter

YES

KPOP LOSES

FUCK THIS

I'M GOING TO BED

FUCK

poor you

damn we were off by 5