Noise is just nu-metal for art fags, isn't it?

Noise is just nu-metal for art fags, isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4dfgkbey6F0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_kCF7W5SI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're not even artfags anymore, more like SJW manginas and tumblrinas

no nu-metal is all about angst.
noise can be reall pretty and joyful in a psychedelic way

like yellow swans's stuff that isn't shit
merzbow's non-bdsm shit (hybrid noisebloom, merzzow, merzbuddha, space metalizer*)
prurient's aight i like the history of aids not much else
kevin drumm's like some sort of metallic hypnotist man
hijokaidan's nice and hard
the gero's u know em
my band (we suck)
wolf eyes (thurston wants to talk about star wars)

artfags have moved on from noise

t. artfag

spacemetalizer is HELLA GOOD i wanna add

>yellow swans's stuff that isn't shit
they're basically shugazi imo

what are they up to now

shitposting

>prurient's aight i like the history of aids not much else
what have you heard?

listen to fossil to change that shit opinion

I would like a Nu-Metal noise project though

I'd wager that noise is even more anti-intellectual and meaningless than nu metal. Probably the second most bankrupt genre after vaporwave.

Pretty much, I've found that way too many noise artists seem to provide the same emotional content as bands like Korn and Slipknot did back then.
Prurient is definitely one of the most severe examples in this regard, the dude really does make Hot Topic mallgoth noise.

In any case, noise's time in the hipster artfag spotlight is more or less over, nobody relevant gives a shit about it anymore.
Why do you think so many of these trendy noise labels and bands are trying so desperately to attain crossover success with techno and synth music and post-punk and shit? Because their main gig is getting more irrelevant and unprofitable every day.

Noise has always been a genre dominated by the radical leftwing.

hardvapour

That's not true at all.

is drone considered noise? ive heard me some bomb ass drone before

Jazz

Okay you're right actually but for the last few decades it has been. Since before the recent popularity of feminism anyway.

That's not true either. I don't know where you're getting this idea from.

>is genre X considered to be genre Y

you fucking nimrod

>Merzbow is the only noise artist and he's a left radical so it must be true for any other noise artist

im not a drone connoisseur , ive just heard me some drone that made me want to meet that dad. ive heard some good ass drone music before, and i didnt know whether or not drone is a subgenre of noise or a genre of its own

aight

>Noise=nu-metal
No. But I do think the majority of HARSH noise is predicated on the same juvenile sensibilities, and the superficial desire to be extreme and provocative; however, there are certainly exceptions, and I think it's important to make the distinction between Noise and sound-art (which I realize is an ambiguous matter of perspective). For an example, link-related is certainly non-music, but I wouldn't merely refer to it as "noise" -- it's conceptual, and it's definitely more cerebral than some po-faced darklord screaming over cacophonous static.

I often hear variations of "you're just close-minded" when I make remarks like this, and I'm sure I'll be hit with some of them after this post, but I believe it's often just an attempt to glaze over the fact that the majority of extreme stuff is virtually unlistenable.

Note: the same people who use "you're just close-minded" as a defense are the same ones who believe that invoking "you're a bigot" immediately wins them an argument.

Anyway, have a listen...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4dfgkbey6F0

Pretty cool stuff, user. Thanks for the rec.

I can see why you would make the distinction between noise and your link. Noise tends to be very unyielding and full bore all the time. This is much more spacious and breathes. I personally would still consider it noise but I'm generally more aquainted with power electronics and HNW to make an educated assesment.

Got anything else this interesting?

I would recommend just heading over to boomkat.com and checking out the catalogues of Pan records, GRM label, Editions Mego, and then go from there

Here's another one for you off of the Presto!? label. Not exactly Noise tho...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_kCF7W5SI

Not a bad post.
The general perception of noise as an exercise in banal adolescent "extremity" mostly has to do with the fact that for a noise artist to break out and break through to a wider audience, they need to bring some sort of an attention-catching persona and image to the table, something that the general pop/rock audience that is as concerned about the style in which a message is delivered as they are about the message itself can latch onto, which a lot of the more thoughtful and refined noise artists don't care about doing. They just sit down before a table of equipment and do their thing without giving any thought to how interesting and fashionable they may or may not appear to be.

The end result of this is that you get banal and one-dimensional bullshit like Masonna or Puce Mary or Wolf Eyes(and I'm mentioning them as someone who is a massive fan of Aaron Dilloway's solo stuff and various other projects) rising to the top of the pile on the back of how fashionable and rockstar-esque they are, which in turn shapes a distorted image of the wider genre among people whose only exposure to it is through those most prominent artists.

Pfff... classic mansplaining

Open your mind, you fuckin bigot

bait

>Prurient is definitely one of the most severe examples in this regard, the dude really does make Hot Topic mallgoth noise.
user, we've been over this before.

Boy, you sure proved him wrong. Dumb poseur faggot.

more bait

>sjws
>radical leftwing

holy kek

KYS

Yeah, the acedemic stuff isn't usually concerned with showmanship and "image". And it's a good thing, because that's precisely what pollutes the vast majority of pop music.

Thanks, dude. You're doing the Lord's work.

desu these posts are just as immature as anyone who listens to prurient just to be an edgelord

...I don't think we have.

And trust me, one of my mates is a major Prurient devotee who's been collecting his shit for like 15 years now, we've had quite a few discussions about Prurient(even dragged me to a show which had Prurient on the bill once in an attempt to "open my eyes", didn't really work out) and if he hasn't managed to convince me that Dominick Fernow is "THE MOST IMPORTANT LIVING AMERICAN NOISE ARTIST", I don't think anyone will.

Noise is whatever you want it to be.

>noise
>profitable
i can't wrap my head around that, really

The other user is saying that Ferrow is a hack; which is a growing sentiment here. I enjoy his work still.

It was profitable for a while as long as you had the right connections and knew how and to whom to market yourself, from around the mid 2000s up until recently. The bubble is bursting though, and there's now quite a few labels and artists which seem to conspicuously specialize in putting out a very particular mix of noise, techno, "academic sound art" records, general goth music(post-punk, neofolk, EBM, synthpop etc.), with maybe the occasional foray into indie rock or black metal in an effort to keep the gravy train rolling.
As much as I'd like to think that this eclecticism is genuine and healthy, there's just too much evidence to the contrary, to it being an extremely cynical and calculated effort to remain relevant and not have to get a real job.

never really was into whole eclecticism thing, HNWfag here. but thanks for your insight

No problem

Oh... ok. I guess I'm probably just being close-minded, right?

>HNW

This is the worst cancer of all. Please kill yourself

thank you kindly

i would have said close-minded if that's what i meant

>please kill yourself
I wonder if this has ever set an user over the edge, and they actually followed through on the request.

Like "fuck, he's right, I need to just get this over with"

maybe in some cases. At the other hand you can kill hnwfag cause they are already dead.

Lol. Uh huh

wrong, nu metal is actually fun to listen to

>and if he hasn't managed to convince me that Dominick Fernow is "THE MOST IMPORTANT LIVING AMERICAN NOISE ARTIST", I don't think anyone will.

He isn't, Boyd Rice is.

The rockstar-esque artists put on more fun shows.

Not really, I've been to a decent amount of noise shows(including 3 of the 4 artists I mentioned in that post) and I always found noise artists who'd just freak out on stage or try to channel some sort of an authoritative personality to be pretty dull.
When I want to have fun I go clubbing. I don't want fun from noise and I definitely don't want a bunch of drunk hipsters bumping into me and screaming all evening either.

No.

DON'T YOU FUCKING GET IT??!

THEY DONT FUCKING GET IT!

From bad to worse