The Glowing Man is fucking amazing

The Glowing Man is fucking amazing

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/9x69ntovt8cccs6/Brightened Person.zip
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S65530241#p65531361
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's p great familia. better than the seer and maybe better than TBK for me. The title track is killer

ikr

It's like the intensity of the seer with the pacing of tbk, imo it's an improved version of both.

Starting first listen now senpai. 10:30 on a friday night, got some wine and good headphones.

Hold me Gira

You're in for one hell of a ride mane, if you liked TBK and the seer, you'll definitely will like this masterpiece

Loving it so far. Seer and TBK were probably my AsOTY for their respective years. Seen 'em live a bunch of times so I'll be very surprised if I don't love this.

It's already kinda different? Feels like the atmosphere of Seer but the production/sound of TBK?

you pretty much nailed it. it's a very atmospheric album, but has the kind of feel and sound of to be kind.

First song is amazing, it sounds different enough to not be boring, but it's still the amazing atmosphere of tbk and the seer. It's amazing how these albums are amazing in their own right without being boring. I've seen them live twice, both different but fucking amazing shows.
I am at the glowing man now, and that song is literally like sex, jesus fucking christ.
Gira did it again bois

Cloud of Unknowing is insane holy fuck what are you doing to me papa Gira??

The last two tracks leaked? Also, what quality? Soulseek has a few 320kps, but I suspect they're transcodes

Holy fucking shit, when the drums kick in in the glowing man

how the fuck are you guys listening to it already

Soulseek familia

user leaked it yesterday when a based Anonbro showed him pics of his GF.
Here you are my dudes,
mediafire.com/download/9x69ntovt8cccs6/Brightened Person.zip

Thank mr user

When you use the word "amazing" constantly it sort of takes away its impact.

Yeah, I read it back and it sounded pretty retarded. Just got a bit too excited kek

The Glowing Man > Frankie M > Cloud of Unknowing > The World Looks Red > When Will I Return > Cloud of Forgetting > Finally Peace > People Like Us

Does anyone have the pics? Just curious.

Is this the most uplifting Swans album ever? I think so.

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S65530241#p65531361

Nice.

permission denied

>uplifting
What? Definitely not. People Like Us and Finally Peace are the only two tracks I'd call uplifting.

I'd actually say that this contains some of their saddest music yet. Not crushing or desperate, but morose and reflective. Cloud of Forgetting sounds like Gira knows it's the beginning of the end, and Frankie M is so helpless and regretful. The overall tone is very different to The Seer and To Be Kind without substantially altering the musical formula, which is a real achievement.

Pretty accurate

Maybe, but I'd say that it's mainly cathartic. It is dark but at the same time refuses to let the bleakness win. It accepts the bad and tries to get something good out of it. It feels mature. Perfect closure.

Why are people complaining about the "moaning?" It's basically the same type of singing he does on a lot of SftB.

>When the guitar riff starts of Cloud of Unknowing
This is bliss

I don't see anyone complaining about the moaning.

You must have not been in any of the threads from early on yesterday

agree tbcfh

Honestly, where can Gira go from this? We know this isn't going to be his last album. I can't imagine how will he change the sound again.

MONSTERRRRRR EATTTTTTERRRRRRR

Full on electronics. Like what The Knife did on Shaking the Habitual.

So you mean stuff like Volcano?

noise, drone, ambient, collabs with Merzbow, Fennesz, Frost.

I want him to release the successor to this babe.

there were many complaining of the moans in other threads

There's a mega in the archive from yesterday.

I've felt for a while that Gira would pair up really well with Ben Frost.

This. I'm really,really curious about what he'll do next. I still think there is a decent chance that it'll suck, but then again I though TGM wouldn't be this good.

it's very good, but I now regret I ever listened to The Gate, I feel like I would have enjoyed TGM more

complaints:
>first track is weak
>mix is a bit weird in places, it could do with a bit more abrasiveness
>can't decide whether or not I like the Children of God vibes
>part of the title track is recycled Bring the Sun, which is a bummer

anyway, I have only listened to the album twice. there's a bit of fatigue in TGM, but I'm not sure if it's Gira's or mine. but it doesn't feel like a 10 to me (seer and TBK did).

He said Look At Me Go was basically TBL Part 2 of 3.

The singing is shit. The lyrics are shit. The songs are repetitive, meaningless, self indulgent shit.
Tell me what's good about this filth because I just can't understand.

>filth

The re-purposed recording of sawing on "Bring The Sun" that they synthesize heavily for the intro on this works so fucking well, it's so creepy sounding. Makes me think of Scott Walker shit.

darker atmosphere of the seer + focus of to be kind + touch of blues = the glowing man

WHAT IS IS IS IS IS IS IS WAAAAAAAAAS

damn, looks good

That pic is fucking amazing.

>People Like Us last

kill yourself, that song literally has the best lyrics on the entire album

Is When Will I Return? Gira putting himself in Larkin's shoes?

Is he that big of a sicko?

No it's about his wife's violent rape.

Is it me, or does The World Looks Red/Black is like Gira listened to Amnesiac and In Rainbows and said "You know what lets do something like this, just analogue and 10x better" ?

I suspect he'll do an Angels of Light thing again, if not with them then with the Swans name. I very much doubt we'll be seeing another Swans epic album again. I mean, who knows what direction Gira will take, and they're certainly finished with this sound and aesthetic but overall I think it'll be sonically and instrumentally much mellower, while maybe still retaining emotional intensity.

I think Gira wants to go full orchestral desu. Lots of female backing choirs, lots of strings and weird instruments, only lyrics being simple mantras, just atmospheric and huge stuff. TGM points in that direction but still is very much confined by riffs and electric guitars and drums, I think he'll move on from that and go into more droney ambienty rhythmless territory.

I hope he just releases a 2 hour recording of himself moaning

Of course it is. The demo of the song was released back in September and its actually about a kidnapping attempt on Jennifer, Gira's wife. The song's a gift for her, she's the one singing it.

This sounds awesome, I'm really excited to see what he does in the future. Mainly because as long as he chooses to abandon the reunion-Swans formula, he simply could not disappoint.

he definitely will, as he said this album is the last album of the current sound

>as long as he chooses to abandon the reunion-Swans formula, he simply could not disappoint.
I have good news for you then

Cloud of Unknowing > The World Looks Red > Cloud of Forgetting > The Glowing Man > Frankie M > Finally Peace > People Like Us > When Will I Return?

why do people hate the new sound so much? to me it's always seemed like a pretty logical next step to their 90s sound, but with the unrelenting intensity of their 80s loudness and a bit of Angels of Light hope thrown in there.

I love the new sound it's just time to move on.

>why do people hate the new sound so much?
It's a meme people spew to come off as having superior taste.

I know he's said that, I mean more like I'm kinda worried he'll do a My Father-type record which is kinda similar but kinda different and a little underwhelming. I'd rather have Ben Frost or Howlin Wolf or Wagner.

Everyone loves it. But it's reached its logical conclusion.

holy shit i can't belive that actually happened hahaha

>filth
FLEX

why do drones and pleb like this boring soft rock dronefest shit? they've put out the same album three fucking times in a row

Normie filth.

>filth

YOUR

>Implying the Glowing Man is not about channeling a religious icon as a means of self-affirmation

plz

sorry, its just that after reading through that one RYM thread I wouldnt be surprised if someone legit was fucking retarded enough to think When Will I Return is some sort of fetish thing for Mikey G to get off to

>When Will I Return
>When Will I Come
Apt

MFWGMUARTTS > the seer > the glowing man >>>>>>>> to be kind

this is objective fact. the brass and orchestration on their 2010 & 2012 albums blows the other two out of the water. to be kind is boring as fuck

Confession
I've listened to the title track on it's own a few times now. When I do I skip Bring The Sun

Meh:the album.

>MFWGMUARTTS

what the fuck

I love watching the reactions whenever someone posts this acronym.

More like Meth: the album

Anyone have link for the whole thing? I've had trouble

USE

THE FUCKING

ARCHIVE

Found it :)

That's just wrong though. Are you not able to tell how amateurish and poorly realized the songs are on MFWGMUARTTS compared to The Seer and TBK? They're literally worlds ahead of it.