Will noise rock bring rock and roll back to the mainstream...

Will noise rock bring rock and roll back to the mainstream? Seen some people talk about it here on Sup Forums before really want to know if it's a possibility or something to even contribute too?

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3J5jrQuUnjY
youtube.com/watch?v=pXpSGeSMt0s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. But does rock and roll need to go into the mainstream again? I think it already had its heyday and now the times have moved on. And that's okay

Agreed. In this day and age with the internet and whatnot, there's no real reason to want rock to go into the mainstream unless you listen to music just to look cool.

If great rock music is still being made, in higher quantities than ever, and it's all easily accessible to you, what does the mainstream have to offer you, OP?

Really? It's pretty scary to think that rock will never be popular again considering the time we have left on earth, or maybe rock and roll was simply the beginning of good popular music and now there is loads to be accomplished

It's no different than the blues, jazz, soul music, funk. None of them will ever be mainstream again, but they still exist and there are still people into them. Just let it run its course

Fuck your right Iv been looking at it quite narcissistically. Maybe rock can live as a sort of cult genre, bands can still get commercial and critical acclaim but in irs own sort of new subculture quite exiting if you think about it

Will rap be like that soon?

I can't tell if this post is meant to be sarcastic or not, but if it is genuine, I agree.

There's still young people who are into rock music, buying guitars and forming bands and shit, with their own local scenes and everything, and new bands making great albums all the time. Chart success isn't nearly as important as it once was, and I think that's a great thing for rock music and music in general

i dont know about "soon" but eventually yeah

This might sound stupid cause I'm not much of a hip hop guy, but other than the actual act of rapping, what differentiates hip hop/rap music and electronic music?

I know there's artists who rap over non-electronic beats, but is the only aspect that defines a song as a "rap" song the rapper? What defines instrumental hip hop vs electronic music?

That's pretty interesting most mainstream rappers and now pop stars hole songs are centred around a generic synth beat, that's the one thing I hate about modern music EDM is such a cancer towards artistry and talent

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. If one artist raps over a synth line and drum beat and one person sings over it, does that one difference make them entirely different genres?

Yes, because vocals are mixed to be the predominant focus

I'm absolutely genuine about, I think it's so scary to look at the timeline of music from now to the 1920s and think at what a halt we are in terms of good music, Because to be honest not that much time has really past

Alright, I guess that's fair. In the same way the same rock song played with more distortion on the guitar and harsh vocals would make it "metal", or played just faster and more intense would be "punk"

Genres are kind of silly when you think about it

Mmm I think commercialization of music made it find the most common denominator. It doesn't mean that all other genres up until now have ceased and aren't still having new music added

Maybe rap won't end because think about it with rock there's only a certain amount of chords to play but with rap there are literary thousands of synth beats to be made and people aren't gonna run out of things to rap about.

noise rock? I've never heard of it but it doesn't sound very nice. Make rock / pop music that's well crafted with great, catchy vocal melodies to the mainstream I say.

So nirvana?

genres are just a way to categorize music, nobody has to use them. in fact it restricts a lot of people thanks to preconceived notions entitled music snobs have about certain genres when in reality genres are nothing but a marker

As soon as bands stop trying to be the next smiths or nirvana and actually try something original.

rap might live to see a long reign in the limelight due to it's simple approach in making songs

there are complex versions of songs with amazing lyrics but what filters it to the top is the lowest of actual art being made

i do think making a successful commercial hit is an elegant art form in itself, no wait replace art with scienceā€¦ it's a sciatic approach to songwritng

i think because of the simple catchy beats and the fact you can sample anything to it will make rap popular for some time

example of rock riff with rap btw i actually like this song
youtube.com/watch?v=3J5jrQuUnjY
or
youtube.com/watch?v=pXpSGeSMt0s

...those beats come from the same musical scales as guitar songs