Reminder The Beatles went from to in just a year and a half

Reminder The Beatles went from youtube.com/watch?v=5CYI3doek8Y&t=35 to youtube.com/watch?v=IUMFp0F6mp0 in just a year and a half.

What other music groups have evolved together as a band so much while also changing the landscape of music in so short a time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East-West_(The_Butterfield_Blues_Band_album)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_Lollipop
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Psychedelic_Sounds_of_the_13th_Floor_Elevators
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dj aaron Ellis

fuck off

The Grateful Dead would be an obvious choice/example.

Why isn't there a modern The Beatles? What band is the closest?

you cant have the modern beatles the conditions aren't the same

what conditions? less freedom of distribution and creativity

you're making excuses for lazy millenials

AHAHHAAHAHHAHA
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you dont know what youre talking about. The Beatles were at the right place and at the right time and were also talented musicians.

great counterpoint, listen to Live/Dead you fucking tool

Thom yorke pretty much evolved from some faggot that posts on /fa/ and Ktt into an old wizard

>What other music groups have evolved together as a band so much while also changing the landscape of music in so short a time?
Pink Floyd
King Crimson

Kanye.

/end thread

the answer is Animal Collective

Grateful dead are mediocre are best. Please then go on to tell me how Jim Morrison is one of the greatest poets.

pfft

I think jim morrison is a good poet

stop being a hipster

Domino Records have some pretty good artists. Best that has come out of them has to be the Arctic Monkeys.

it's always so strange to think how long the beatles kept up their "mop top" live act, they kept playing up til summer of 1966, well into their acid years and parts of Sgt were already written. but even to the very end they kept their suits, mop haircuts and only played love songs on stage. they must have hated every moment on stage

they were the prototype of the boys band made to sell discs to men and appeal to women through image

they did for the last few years

but he got worse

It's My Life -> Colour of Spring -> Spirit of Eden

Its funny reading interviews by john before he died, he hated punk rock and thought sid vicious was a faggot.

If the beatles had not broken up they mos def would have gone disco.

every UK punk band thought sid vicious was a cunt. he did GG allin tier shit to people.

Tomorrow Never Knows is also by far their best song. Their albums range from 3/10 to 5/10.

>acting like I Feel Fine isnt a masterpiece

This. I would rather be raped in my urethra by a rusty needle than listen to a full Beatles album again.

>acting like that was implied

shit opinion m8

how is this a generational issue though? what of beatle's musical peers, why couldn't they do the same thing the beatles did? how about where is the gen X beatles?

everyone have been lazy shits since the silent generation

>same thing the beatles did

You mean chamber pop and proto-psychedelia that sucks ass?

Correct opinion.

Scaruffi OVERRATES the Beatles by giving them 7s.

Can't believe it's been 50 years and some people still haven't gotten the memo.

Hopefully people will realize that Tomorrow Never Knows is almost not even proto-psychedelia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East-West_(The_Butterfield_Blues_Band_album)

Released before Tomorrow Never Knows

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_Lollipop

Definitely recorded before Tomorrow Never Knows.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Psychedelic_Sounds_of_the_13th_Floor_Elevators

Released around the same time as Revolver.

"Tomorrow Never Knows" being the match that lit the fire of psychedelia? WHAT AN ASSLOAD OF FUCK!!!

>who is Bob Dylan

This in addition to the other comments here.

The Beatles should be classified literally as a George Martin project, and Brian Wilson should be considered his competitor. Brian Wilson was also more talented and beat the Beatles to the punch. This bearing in mind that Pet Sounds in a 5/10 and is literally at least as good as any Beatles album. Time to stop wasting time on the Beatles (more like the FUCKING GOD-DAMNED PIECES OF SHIT, AMIRITE!?)

>needing like 30 people to play your music

kts

o wait, most of them don't need to

lol

there is a story where brain heard strawberry fields forever on the radio and had a mental break down.

I think he thinks the Beatles won

Who is Bob Dylan, Frank Zappa, The Velvet Underground, Captain Beefheart, the Fugs, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, Red Krayola, the Holy Modal Rounders and even Barret's Pink Floyd? Those are just off the top of my head. Even the fucking Who, Rolling Stones, and Beach Boys were better.

I would rather be knifed in the balls while being birthed out of a gorilla's asshole than listen to the Beatles.

>listening to NME
>ever

fuk u just say?

Like what was said before, Pet Sounds is a 5/10 so it figures that Brian Wilson is a pleb, because he ALSO sucks fucking dick at making music. The Beach Boys sound like a gorilla puking shit out of it's dick.

Their little "battle" was a tragicomic side note of more comedic interest than any actual musical interest.

OH SHIT I RETRACT MY STATEMENT. JUST PLEASE DON'T HURT ME BIG MAN.

man you are trying way too hard

Just being sure sorry

Can't blame him. SFF is an amazing song.

hahhhhaaaa pussy phaggot

This is literally the best piece of media of any kind that the Beatles were ever a part of.

Four tet? I actually like arctic monkeys but geez that guy is miles ahead of them

Yeah, I always remember raising my eyebrow at the propped up "Pet Sounds vs. Beatles Albums arms race" because both bands are very, very bad.

TURN ME ON BIG MAN

Placing that "back and forth" as the key musical event of the late 1960s is kind of like saying that the most interesting conflict happening from 1939 to 1945 was a long-running feud between two elementary schoolers in the United States over a girl in their class.

TNK was recorded in April 66 the first track done for Revolver so it predates most of what you posted
That being said, reducing music to a space-race competition of who did what first is boring as hell

Let's see your Wall of Sound production made with 5 people and a four track machine.

measuring schoolchildren quarrels against world war 2 is nicely analogous to lou reed's issues with frank zappa and the rivalry between the two most popular, widely influential, trendsetting musical groups of the 1960s

your a dorable

Yeah, they must have really hated making millions from playing I - IV -V songs to hundreds of thousands of young women that all wanted to be their fuck slaves.

I relly hate this analogy, I don't get it at all.
Why the fuck Magical Mystery Tour is Government Plates? why the fuck Revolver is The Money Store? just because they are both drawn/black and white?

On the contrary I think the main thing to be taken is that their range from Album to Album, from Help! to Rubber Soul to Revolver to Abbey Road to Let it Be etc is so vastly different yet so complete in their own way. Personally the White Album is when I think they hit their stride, the entire thing from Paul's 'Granny' tunes, John's melancholic pieces, and Georges instrumental masterpieces is ridiculous.
I do believe that Beatlemania and the Beatles in general are highly overrated, but they are likely one of the most complete and evolving bands of all time.

It was revolutionary at the time, and it still holds up to this day. I understand Sup Forums has issues with anything relatively well known, but the Beatles where a great band.

So NME was shit even back then

>what is Holy Mountain

fuck off mike love

That's why LSD is illegal.

Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and Bowie, all evolved probably more than the Beatles.

They would have gone prog, obviously.

>all the music of the 70s was either punk or disco

we don't have to wonder what the beatles would have sounded like in the 70s, we have ELO

Remember that in just one year the beatles went from Strawberry Fields Forever to Lady Madonna. Is there any band that has regressed as far in so short a time?

radiohead evolved more than the beatles? gimme a break

god he's such an ugly kike

that's not true, the only part the Beatles played in Brian's meltdown was when they came to the studio when Brian wasn't there and listened to the Smile tapes