Coloring Book drops

>Coloring Book drops
>album trying to be gospel trap album
>utter garbage
>mu agrees its garbage
>Bitchfork gives it 9.1 cause nigger
>hivemind changes and calls it AOTY

fucking drones

Is it possible to say that it was enjoyable, but not great, let alone the best?

Oh, wait, this is Sup Forums and the internet. Nope. It's either COMPLETE TRASH or 10/10 AOTY GOAT.

August 26th was the better project dropped that day

Alright, unpopular opinion here; it wasn't that bad of an album.

Same. Favourite? Least favourite?

Favourite: Summer Friends

Least: Smoke Break

Please user, you seem to have such a firm grasp on what's good and bad, explain to me why its a bad album.

>I met Kanye west I'm never going to fail

literally lost all interest or hope for chance after that little hiccup

Favorite: Finish Line

Least favorite: All we got (mixing was horrible)

Welcome to online journalism ran by pussy whipped trust fund babies.

I dunno, something about the cacophony of autotuned Kanyes charms me. I get it though. Finish Line is pretty solid.

I can respect that. I honestly like the album. Solid 8/10

thats actually fucking hilarious because no joke my favorite is smoke break and my least favorite is summer friends

FYI on /r/chancetherapper there was someone that did their best to remaster the mixtape, it makes All We Got listenable. Might want to look into it.

I see why someone might like Smoke Break, but it felt shoehorned in to me. I don't like Future anyway, and Chance sounded like a Soundcloud clone of him on it. What don't you like about Summer Friends?

Hes sucking off kanye and mimicking and making some shit gospel rap. I know it was alot to ask for an Acid Rap pt 2 cause we know hes not edgy and in high school anymore, but this is dumb. The non-gospel tracks are awful trap songs where chance either mimicks his feature (i.e. lil wayne and no problem) or the feature mimicks chance. (that future song where future sings).

pretty sure he and kanye worked together on the sound

i cant stand the singing at the beginning. its somehow worse than the kanye singing in all we got. the hook is the worst on the album. the verses are ok, jeremih has a good outro, and the beat is pretty good, but everything else is terrible. i would probably like the song more without francis & the lights

Ah, that makes sense. I personally really like the layered vocals, but to each their own, right?

I actually really like this new trend of re-injecting gospel into hiphop, so I thought the album was okay. but of course, it's chance the rapper so that put it down like 4 points because the guy has no fucking flow

yeah its just really mumbly and loud and i wish there was a version of the track without it

I can't fucking stand the first half of How Great. Honestly the whole gospel theme is pretty irritating but its to be expected with chance, and not worth complaining about. But the beginning of that song is just fucking overkill, and the verses that come after are hardly worth listening to that awful intro.

>rapper switches up his flow often
>"dude has no flow, why does he even rap? how do people listen to this dude"
>rapper has a consistent flow
>"the flow kinda gets boring, he should switch it up more. boring trash"

How wrong can you be?

this is why thugger is the goat

Ill check it out, honestly it just needed to be lowered on a basic eq. The mid was coming in too high, made the whole thing muddy.

Favorite Tracks: Angels, All We Got, How Great
Least Favorite: Same Drugs

this got a 9.3 and nobody talks about it

thugger sounds like a fucking goat tbqh

>ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR BLESSINGS
>ARE YOU READY FOR YOURR MIRACLEEES

Damn, that closing track made me jizz in my soul

Sup Forums was collectively shitting on P4K when they dropped that review, stop talking out your ass.

Hell Can Wait was a lot better desu, though neither are anywhere near a 9/10

watch out you might spill your starbucks on your leggings friend

This, there really hasn't been much love for Coloring Book on this board.