Tfw you realize grimes is actually good after years of scrolling Sup Forums and being ignorant

Tfw you realize grimes is actually good after years of scrolling Sup Forums and being ignorant.

I've listened thoroughly to pic related, what next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E1cLVE1ZXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=2-aWEYezEMk
youtube.com/watch?v=_V-7L0MmJww
youtube.com/watch?v=NozzQRIgG2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=_0_e_OWy694
youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4
youtube.com/watch?v=TImLVIJS3tE
youtube.com/watch?v=FtVON_KQqew
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just that

Darkbloom

im going to hit her with a hammer ;

> what next?

kys

This is her best album.

Dont listen to hipsters on Sup Forums pretending liked her previous stuff better.

Now you get to realize that Visions is the only good thing she's done.

youtube.com/watch?v=E1cLVE1ZXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=2-aWEYezEMk
youtube.com/watch?v=_V-7L0MmJww
youtube.com/watch?v=NozzQRIgG2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=_0_e_OWy694

This its much more developed and refined then Visions.

halfaxa

listen to literally everything

dont hurt her feelings. be nice.

this

everything else is trash, especially Art Angels

thats gay, geidi primes and halfaxa are good to

HALFAXA

urban Twilight might be the best Grimes song

>Hey user, jameth, hana, bloodpop and i are all going inna woodth to drop athid and make music, you wanna tag along?
what do, Sup Forumstants?

well....tag along partner :)

ok

when u get there it turns out those blotters weren't acid. everybody has the most horrifying trips of their life and spends 3 days vomiting and shaking. when it finally wears off everybody is too weak to do anything and u all dehydrate and starve to death. everybody's final moments are spent in extreme delirium and shock at the previous 3 days that surpass the most heinous and deviant interpretations of hell. the only one who doesn't is bloodpop because he's a bear of a man and has enough fat stored on him to survive a year with no food. he manages to claw himself away from the camp about a mile before he gives out. everybody else is strewn around the camp like ragdolls from the convulsion stage.

gud job u killed everybody.

its always darkest before the dawn. things will get better!

that's literally how i would describe grimes.
>Has a bad time in high school
>Things look slightly up first year of college
>PSYCH!! Time for you to learn what a bad time REALLY is!
>Make music to distract self from the fact that your entire life is falling to pieces, you have no future and your only friends in the world are failed musicians and drug addicts like you
>Go viral and suddenly enter the stagelight as a semi-mainstream pop star, do a shit ton of modeling, meet a cute and nice boy who treats you right
How long until life decides to pull another Supahot Fire on her and go full JUST mode again?

She really does have some photos where she looks fucking disgusting and ugly. There are some where she looks pretty gorgeous though. What gives?

Pic related, she looks good here.

Where as here she looks pretty disgusting.

in that one I'd probably say a lot of makeup, maybe a little photoshop

I hope she uses these good times to grow herself emotionally so that if bad times come again, she'll be strong and prevail.

Of course. But she isn't really ugly though.

Her best photos are the natural ones. I don't like the flashy professional photoshoots. I know a lot of people laugh at this mayo pic, but i think she looks absolutely adorable!

personally i think she looks hot in both

but if I had to give you a theory: it's the hair. We kept it as a beauty feature, it's the equivalent of a peacock's tail to us. so for her hair to be done up and professionally styled like it is in the first pic, it's a more stylized and neat beauty feature, as opposed to the messy gnarly frizzy hair she has in the second picture.

Also, lighting.

She's alright. I don't really get into the whole waifu thing so I'm not fawning over her a lot.
It's definitely not just the hair. Although it's a big part of it. She looks unhealthily skinny and that's putting me off a lot.

i really liked the haircut she had from 2011 to early 2013 with the shaved sides of her head.

I agree though, I like her best at her au natural states.

Go and Art Angels makes me think she has. I think the break she took after nearly dying from the super long Visions tour saw her grow mentally and emtionally into an adult, and the result is the contemporary claire we have nowadays.

There's definitely a difference between how she acted in 2012 and how she acts now in 2016.

A lot of it is to do with the emotional growth that was mentioned. i cant into high school claire so much.

I think hair frames the face or something, some people dont look good with their own natural hair growth.

>i can't into high school claire so much
sxsw 2012 claire is the best claire and you will never convince me otherwise.

>listened to visions

Visions is her strongest album pound for pound in my opinion. Her latest album was cool when it dropped, but now I'm done with it. Her earlier work, the workk that came before Visions, it's hit or miss for me but there are some pretty worthwhile songs such as this...

youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4

Geidi is eh.
Halfaxa is better.
Art Angels isn't Visions.

Stick with Visions and listen more dark synth pop.

Halfaxa>Visions=Darkbloom>Geidi>farts in the toilet>Art Angels

she looks like this autistic kid I knew in highschool

Visions is her only good album

Can Sup Forums stop shilling Grimes?

Visions is fucking fantastic.

Art Angels was great too.

Can't into her work before Visions.

Don't listen to anyone ITT, they all hate other work of hers (e.g. Visions fans hating Art Angels). Check out all her other albums, they're all really good.

It's intentional. She said in an interview that she wants to be 20% of the time ugly.

That must explain it.

Personally I've always found her pretty fucking ugly.

I think Grimes is beautiful most of the time. I admit she used to make herself pretty ugly before Visions, especially the haircut. But since then, she's way more exquisite.

She looks so much better when she's not fucking up her hair, goddamn.

Artsy-fartsy special snowflake girls like her annoy me.

Grimes has a round head and her long hair fits her much better.

>Artsy-fartsy special snowflake girls like her annoy me.
She may look like one, but she's a really nice person. She's relatable and humble: youtube.com/watch?v=TImLVIJS3tE

Her fans love

Her fans love her for what she is.

What the fuck, she's a fucking weirdo.

Good lord.

youtube.com/watch?v=FtVON_KQqew

wtf it's good

Grimes is a weirdo, but a nice one.

If Grimes would be 100% normal, she would be boring. Normal people are boring.

Angry frog

Normal people are the minority

Huh? You said that based on what?

This is bullshit that everyone itt calls her ugly, she seems really friendly

Not everyone called her ugly, tho. Some like her appearance. And her music, of course.

I mean it's not normal that people should behave a certain way, i guess it's relative