Anonymous musicians?

Can you name an actual anonymous artist?

Not their real name obviously but the stage / band name of an actual completely anonymous musician?

I am struggling to find one who remained anonymous entirely even before the days of the Internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/young_alex
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jandek
youtube.com/watch?v=cQA0YfzyqM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Me

I mean anonymous by choice though.

Mr. Fantastik

Clutchy Hopkins

The Residents

the who

The Residents
Deathspell Omega (to an extent)
Ghost
The bass player and drummer from U2

The Carcass clone band The County Medical Examiners have used pseudonyms since the beginning because the band is made up of real doctors and medical students. They don't want scrutiny into their professional lives.

inb4 burial

I wouldn't call the Residents anonymous since it's pretty much common knowledge at this point that Homer Flynn is a founding member.

The who?

tism

Anklepants

>The bass player and drummer from U2

Had me laughing

Mary Prankster

Marilyn Manson

I'm not saying The Residents are anonymous though, I say I can't find any bands or artists that remained anonymous.

I used them as a referential pic to sum up the query since they are the go to answer when this question is used but by googling for five seconds you can find the names of some key people involved with their work.

who is Daft Punk?

literally who?

The who is Daft Punk?

Who's was on first, daft aft.

Death Grips

found this artist been following for a while now they havent revealed their identity at all they make pretty decent stuff too
soundcloud.com/young_alex

>they make pretty decent stuff

Why tell lies?

It's Rodan

Doctor Steel

>the bass player and drummer from U2

Savage.

They're still millionaires, and they don't even have to put up the pretense of caring about activism.

kek

Burial. William Bevan is a made up person

This dude was unknown until a couple years ago. Hard to be completely obscure in the internet age.

buckethead was pretty anonymous until lately with the internet

Ghost, for sure

The difference being you still can't really prove anything with The Residents. To try to figure out who The Residents are is to kinda disrespect why they are anonymous in the first place.

What was the name of that one folk guy who only did one concert and all of his album covers were his face?

People figured out who he was because he would mail them cd's with his return address or something, but he still lives in total obscurity

Bump for interest

Just remembered - Jandek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jandek

mamaleek

Their fist singer did show his face a few times though

Then who is he? Check m8 atheist

MR FANTASTIC GOD IF I KNEW WHO HE WAS THAT'D BE AMAZING

If he's known then he's not anonymous...

The one on the right can put it in me

>first singer
Its all the same guy. Its just part of the act

>clutchy hopkins
only heard about him now
youtube.com/watch?v=cQA0YfzyqM8
DOPE AS FUCK

BOOM GRILLED

Batushka was made by three well-known Polish musicians, but still nobody is sure who are they.

Animal Collective. No one knows their real names, beyond their pseudonyms.

Nobody knows who Blurryface is.

Yeah who the fuck is Brian Weitz

Endlichkeit.

These guys are anonymous as fuck. Many black metal musicians are anonymous.

These guys. They live in Saudi Arabia, so their identities being learned would spell death for them.

Jandek is the shit. Still putting out decent albums every now and again. His record isn't golden, since he has a large output, but he has put out some legendary albums, like "Twelfth Apostle" and "The Living End".

"Avey Tare (David Portner), Panda Bear (Noah Lennox), Deakin (Josh Dibb), and Geologist (Brian Weitz)"

>Blurryface
"The album is named after a character the band created called Blurryface. According to Joseph, he "represents all the things that I as an individual, but also everyone around, are insecure about."[12] Joseph wears black paint on his hands and neck during his live shows and music videos for the album, to represent Blurryface, saying: "Very dramatic, I know, but it helps me get into that character."[13]"

Whoa, so deep bro.