What was the most ahead of its time record to come out before pic related?

What was the most ahead of its time record to come out before pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUTByW8NElo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pet Sounds

please please me

Sun Ra's Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy. (Listen to Moondance)

youtube.com/watch?v=KUTByW8NElo

The Monks - Black Monk Time
The Sonics - S/T

Pet Sounds you fucking idiot

Pic related came out a few months earlier and was far ahead of its time considering how many indie/alt rock albums sound like some aspect of this.

Sgt Peppers on the other hand is very much a product of its time, trying to consciously attempt an outdoing of Pet Sounds' giant orchestrations.

there;s still nothing like it

I didn't predict it because I forgot how fucking retarded Sup Forums can be. There are plenty of far more "ahead of there time" records before pet sounds, which was just a very good and conceptual baroque pop album.

take my post for example

just because youre a fucking pleb doesnt make me a fucking idiot :^)

lots of indie/alt records like like some aspects of Pepper too

Not really. Not to the extent they take from TVU&N. Sgt Peppers was bigger for Prog Rock and like stuff like 70s Motown stuff, etc. Which, when looking at everything still influenced a fuck ton of music that has come out since, but not to the extent TVU&N did which is on a level that's kinda ridiculous due to how direct its influence was compared to Sgt Peppers that might have hit more musicians but not have as direct of an influence.

this t b h

all the psych pop bands that have got big over the last few years the Tame Impalas and Grizzly Bears of the world are informed by Pepper much moreso than most other records.

shut up banana

add Of Montreal to that list too

>lel am I avant-garde yet guys?

Rite of Spring

Pic related

FTFY