Have Death Grips saved modern music...

Have Death Grips saved modern music? I can't think of an album as good as The Money Store since Kid A and a ton of great releases have come out this year too.

"no"

Yes, they are the most inspiring musicians in the 10's, one of the few that are making truly modern music.

Yes

Not even being ironic I dare anyone to name a band more important to music than Death Grips in the 2010s

>yfw this is objectively true

too bad there's no soul to it anymore and it's no fun

>that pic
>"I can't think of an album as good as The Money Store since Kid A"
this is some incredible Sup Forumsbait OP, good job
my answer is that they're unironically one of the most interesting acts this decade (the single most interesting if we're only looking at hip hop)

Hoy shit, it's literally saturated bleep blops with a guy screaming over it.

what? they're still making dope as fuck records man, they're yet to release a less than great album.

Holy shit, it's literally guitar pop with random noises and effects

Its pretty good

dam u sure got us man haha
GP and TPTB are by far their two best though
BP was the first time in their discography where they've made a lateral progression rather than a forward progression and it was pretty disappointing as a result imo, but DG 2.0 type stuff is their best (whenever they eventually go down that route, which I hope they do)

Example?

as in Hot Head, Interview 2016, and I guess you could count NotM as a kind of prototype of it
I guess I just want more earfuckey stuff from them and instead we got TMS 2.0: a bit more abrasive this time

Hey, I don't find DG is the most innovative band of the 50 last years so I should be a Beatles fan right ? (not true by the way)

They're good+ but calling them "the most innovative band" or w/e is basic blind fanboyism. (But they're the right kind of edgy for Sup Forums so it's ok for some reason)

Real b8 is the OP son

I pointed out that the OP was massive b8 in my first post m80

it's really not, they have the most modern unique and relevant sound than all other musician's in the 10's so far, they're not such a huge internet favorite for nothing, they are the sound of future music.

>it's really not
opinion
>they have the most modern unique and relevant sound than all other musician's in the 10's so far
opinion
>they're not such a huge internet favorite for nothing
opinion (real shitty opinion btw)
>they are the sound of future music.
opinion

>opinion
opinion

>debating opinions
>"he's wrong because he's arguing for an opinion"
top wew

nu metal for hipsters isnt groundbreaking

good thing they don't make that then

Oh yeah, I forgot I was in an American board in the first place.
>My opinion is a fact because freedom

it is, rap man rapping over loud metal but also with bleep bloops since edm is popular.
Its pretty much just nu metal

No one even knows who they are outside Sup Forums.

People who are educated enough to know what modern music is and who is saving it either dont care about death grips, or are busy looking at the various composers who are doing interesting things (modern music never needs "saving", there's always interesting things going on - almost always written by trained composers).

that's not what I was saying and that's absolutely retarded but okay
see

>trained composers
cringed

Its not metal friend.

Death grips has a larger following than you think.

Death Grips arent popular, but for the kind of music they make, theyre crazy popular. Lived in Belfast / London, seen many a death grips tshirt or repost online. Possibly due to universities all over those cities tho

Zach Hill is a big reason why Death Grips is good. Marnie Stern's new album was complete trash after Zach Hill left, he's unreplaceable.

literally everyone into """indie""" or alternative hip-hop knows Death Grips