asio4all.com/

Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick:
mediafire.com/download/07izim49ao6ij7m
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Other Links:
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar:
mediafire.com/download/tpr2u4e3bou2lqi

Modern Chord Progressions - Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/5lvaa121vz29y83

Jazz Guitar - Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2 - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/2ckhum02748z2pk

Beefheart's 10 Guitar Commandments:
archive.org/post/338826/captain-beefhearts-10-commandments-of-playing-the-guitar

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/j5gdrdvl
imgur.com/a/xUruc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

daily reminder that if you respond to shitposters you are just as bad as the shitsposters

How long will it take until my fingers stop killing?

How long you been playing?

Your fingers don't kill, you kill.

11 days, its just that now i started pitch bending when playing medlies so my index figer feels like its being stimulated even though i havent been playing for a few hours.

Keep at it, and after around a month your calluses will be built up and you'll be alright

Probably took me around 10-15 days? Depends how much you're playing each day.

Make sure it's only the tips that hurt though. Pain from contact with the strings can be played through no problem, but take time off if it's the joints bothering you. Try applying less pressure as well, pretty much everyone puts at least twice as much force into holding the strings down as they need to early on.

Had this for a week now, probably the best €450 I ever spent.

>have a new bass
>can't post it because the psycho on here keeps using peoples pictures and impersonating them
Annoying.
Also, am I the only one who finds the rest of Sup Forums cringeworthy as fuck? This is the only thread I ever visit on here and when I'm scrolling through the catalog it's just weird.

yeah i agree,

summary of threads on Sup Forums

>some terrible generals
>grimes was shot
>is x album y
>band has two drummers
>/prod/
>/gg/

and /gg/ still isnt that good honestly.

Post a stock pic of your bass then, gotta talk about it!

Just post it. He's not even malicious about it and it's obvious when it's him

And I wouldn't call the rest of Sup Forums cringeworthy, but it definitely doesn't align with my tastes. I'll occasionally scroll through and find an okay thread

Really nice looking guitar, wish I could play music

It's creepy as hell, so stock photo it is.

Looks alright, most basses look pretty much the same though

Sweet Sup Forums bass bro

Sup Forums is cringey as hell. Sup Forums in general reeks of insecurity but Sup Forums brings it to a whole other level. People literally have to ask if they're allowed to enjoy certain music.
Glad to hear you finally got your bass though. You been talking about it for months now. Shame you don't post pics because of shitposterkid though

>>band has two drummers

Well, most basses are fender clones. This one isn't.
It's not even a meme machine.
Yes, 6 months of waiting. But it was well worth it.

Clones aside most basses do look like this, especially the wood finish.

Not bad though.

Looks nice. What's the brand and model? Image search is turning up some ESP 4-string

I've been thinking about getting a 5-string to replace my farty First Act that I use for tracking, but I probably won't go for anything fancy

Yes, all basses usually have a body with 2 horns. I guess you're right.
Sandberg Classic Special 5, walnut top, ebony fretboard, 35'' scale.

I'm loving my new pedal.
clyp.it/j5gdrdvl

>Post current gear
Schecter Solo 6 Custom (pic related), Schecter Hellraiser (modded for loads of headroom), Schecter California (waiting for new SSS duncans to arrive). Peavey Valveking II 20C (pic related). Pedal Chain is Morley Wah > Tuner > TC electronic Spark Booster > Crazy tube circuits black magic (distortion) > Jam Pedals waterfall (chorus) > EHX memory boy (clyp related) > TC ditto looper. Mic is Shure SM57 (pic related).
>Post desired gear
I'd love a custom Suhr but I would settle for a cheap Ibanez Hollowbody right now.
>How long have you been playing?
10 years
>Favorite guitars/basses?
Suhr, but if you're talking about models, I love strats.
>Favorite guitarists/bassists?
Guthrie Govan, David Gilmour, Rabea Massaad (listen to toska - ode to the author), Hendrix, Page, Pat Martino, Django, Wes Montgomery, Slash, that guy from The Faceless.
>Current/Past Projects?
Nothing I can post here yet. Used to be in an extreme metal band when I was 17-19, then got into a hard rock project, turned into a proggy hard rock/metal band, now I'm in a trio playing prog/hard/post rock/jazz/funk/ambient or something.Sounds a lot weirder than it is.
>Talk about and/or play music
>General Guitar and Bass discussion
I've been slowly finding out in the last few months how much having to dial in tones and add plugins and trying to make them sound not digital as fuck was frustrating me to the point where I didn't write down a lot of my ideas. I've built up a pedalboard, and with my amp and mic I can capture everything I want with no fucking hassle and on the spot, it's so liberating. I recommend you try it once, just with a fucking shitty mic with whatever amp you have even if it's solid state. it's just so simple and that makes it amazing.

How's the Cali? Amp all the way, I tried using that sim shit and gave it all up for simplicity.

Glad you finally got it Sandbergbro

I thought I may have missed your NGD pics

Plays great, sounds mediocre, but by next week I'll have changed the pickups to the Seymour Duncan California set (ssl-1) and also change all the electronics and pickguard to higher quality ones, will even add a 7-sound-strat mod to it, so it will sound better or at least as good as anything I can get except maybe those pickups that have silver wires and some shit like that but whatever.

Yeah, I mean I'm a logical guy, I know I can do anything with amp sims and plugins, but it doesn't feel the same, and though it bugs me, I've accepted it. BTW, If you haven't, try out a looper pedal. Get the simplest you can (i have the ditto from tc electronic and can't recommend it enough, but other companies make similar ones so try them) it will get your practising, writting, and improvising to a whole new level. The clyp I posted in my previous post is just me playing over a loop, only 2 overdubs but you can do infinite.

I just came here to say that if you're getting white noise in guitar rig go to your microphone settings and lower input :)

Eh, whatever. Here it is.

jelly af

looks much better than the sample photo

If it plays as well as mine, it'll be incredible, and should last a lifetime

Enjoy, user

The grain on that body looks incredible

>Natural finish

The guy is just made he can't have nice things.

Thanks, plays like a dream. Just takes a bit of time to get used to 5 strings.
Pretty neat what they can do out of a simple piece of walnut.
We don't paint over rarewoods.
Still creepy, but whatever. Too late now anyways.

Glad you finally got your axe. The laminated body is a nice touch.

What shade of yellow is that strat ??

Faded white

custard yellow?

People were bitching about the armrest several times in the past, but looking at it now it's incredible. They selected the pieces of wood so it looks like the grain from the mahagony body melts together with the grain of the walnut top. I absolutely love this bass.

Nice but why 5 strings?

Not as yellow as that picture makes you think, think Ritchie Blackmore or Yngwie Malmsteen vintage white.

Because I like versatility and many genres I enjoy playing regularly go down lower than a normal 4-string bass.

Fair enough, im not a bass player myself but always found the choices people make regarding them interesting

5 string is basically a second standard nowadays. It's not a niche thing like 7 string guitars. You genuinely need those lower notes on a regular basis and on a bass you're also not "chugging" in those lower registers since you belong there anyway and know what to do. Also look at C or even B extensions on upright basses.

What the hell is the point of fretless, specifically bass guitars?

Sounds different, intonation is done via your fingers and not set, etc.

>he doesn't only own American made fender strats

>/gg/
>poorfags
>and parents money fags
if you participate in these threads you're either one or the other

>he pays premium prices for guitars made by mexicans in america
>not buying japanese fenders instead

it's like you want to get meme'd.

>he buys fenders of roughly the same quality for slightly more money
post memenism is still memenism user

>reddit reaction image
truth hurts I guess

I dont know how people play Gibson style guitars with the tuneomatic.
I just can't. I like tele/strat bridges because I can rest my hand on them and still comfortably get the strings to ring through, LPs just make it so uncomfortable. Like you don't have anywhere to put your hand. The curvature of the body doesn't help either

Anyone else feel this?

>keeps whinging

>whinging
oh wow

Personally I rest my hands on the lower strings, that way they're muted regardless of where I play. I used to not do this, so I know how you feel, but nowadays I don't mind.
I hate how LPs feel however. They're heavy, the body feels like shit on your lap and keeps sliding off no matter what, and the neck isn't to my taste.

> "I'm into jazz"
> "prog metal is so dope guys"

NGD!

S570BK with Bare Knuckle Pickup Missisippi Queen P90's

sounds amazing!

imgur.com/a/xUruc

He posted a pic, it really doesn't look bad:

that's really awesome

i got this a couple months ago and its been incredible

its a schecter diamond j-5 plus

guys i need help, my guitar rig is fucked, i downloaded a copy from KAT and installed it on my pc, as soon as the program started it feedbacked like hell and i couldnt play anything because no sound was coming out of the pc other than feedback
tried it with my laptop and same shit, so it occured to me
is it possible that this particular copy is fucked?, because i remember using guitar rig without issue with another bootleg copy i bought a few years ago

Are you using ASIO drivers, or a dedicated interface ?

asio4all because poorfag, my last resort is buying a 30 dollar behringer , i can buy more expensive ones but i would rather not

Whats the blandest looking electric guitar? I mean even blander than a standard strat.

probably one of those starter epiphone les pauls.

Nice

Try messing around the settings to see if it makes a difference.
You're running it standalone or in a DAW by the way ?

Gibson LesPaul Junior. Bland fender-like finish on a LP with no contours, an unadjustable bridge, and completely overpriced.

i've tried to pick up guitar a few times before but i always seem to drift away from it. how do you stay focused and committed? as a pretty indulgent and lazy person i tend to just decide i'm gonna do a thing, then after a few weeks i realise how much work it takes and give up. i would like to improve myself but i'm wondering if/how anyone else who may have been like this in the past got over it?

i realise this sounds more like i'm asking for life advice than any technical aspect of playing, but eh. tl;dr i suck at life pls help

You have to really want it bro. You do want it, but your habits and your desires are at odds. You have to change your perceptions of yourself and what it takes to get something done if you want to learn. There is no reason you can't but you'll essentially have to relearn how to walk.

Find your idols (and not just copying other people's) and set yourself goals. Listen to a lot of music, and not just guitar, for exemple brass inspires me a lot (especially saxophone) for soloing.
The reason why I'm personally working so much on playing guitar is because it's almost an obsession for me.

>this OP

messed with the settings already
tried running it as a stand alone only because my pc got fucked so i had to reinstall everything
dont see why it would work in a daw and not in standalone
before my pc got fucked it worked as standalone and in a DAW

What this guy said is true but it's the same thing as saying you need a guitar to learn to play guitar. He is 100% right but that isn't what is going to teach your muscles to create coherent music. A good teacher will help immensely.

I'm other user on the same boat.
Sadly, that doesn't work for me. Actually listening a lot of music puts me into a weird mindset of "Why should I be practicing guitar if you could just listen to my favorites. I will never be good as them. Why bother?"

Yeah, you don't really want to "play guitar" you want to be in a band already making music and having a good time expressing yourself. You're skipping ahead. You're not wrong for it, but you're not taking the steps in the right order so you'll never achieve what you want.

"i can show you the door but you have to walk through it"

So I just bought a DRRI and it sounds like absolute shit once I crank it too around 6. I mean, the distortion sounds harsh and ratty no matter how high I crank it--worse than my Peavey solid state desu.

Could it be that my speaker hasn't broken in yet? Or are the humbuckers on my Epi dot (unfortunately my only guitar) responsible for the harshness?

I really don't want to return this amp, as the cleans sound fantastic.

Lol, speaker break in is a myth mon frair

Huh. Interesting looking pickups and choice. What bridge is that?

Why dont all your chaira have arm rests?

What's a good acoustic guitar for beginners

TRIGGERED

So what is it then?

Yamaha FG700.

Solid top, sounds nice. Even their laminate models are good. Seagulls are meme guitars and, you'd be better off buying a Yamaha and saving up for an all-solid-wood instrument, should you decide to get serious.

Idk, bad grounding or noise maybe, i didnt really read your post, but one thing i know is break in is a myth.

amp bad
return it
maybe bias?
what's with tubes anyway

A good teacher can push you far if you don't have enough motivation, but I've gotten good without one, it's a matter of personality on this side.

They won't be eternal, and you don't have to copy them. Most of my idols inspire me in the sense that they show how far you can push the limits of guitar playing, this motivates me because I'm telling myself that no matter how good I am, I can still get better.

humbuckers aren't harsh generally. Try using less highs, or turning down your tone knob on your guitar.

ITT: Guitars that aren't for pussies

For Taylor's do you guys prefer the grand auditorium or dreadnaught shape. I bought a 210 which is adreadnaught in the 200 series and i just saw that they got a 214 in stock which is the same guitar but in the grand auditorium style. I play mostly fingerpicking and I was thinking about exchanging mine for the GA cause they're the same price.

needs more knobs

reminder that mod girl is best girl

Hey yall, currently have a fender hss strat and am looking to play some more gritty garage rock stuff, so I have been told to find an axe with microphonic pickups. I have a pretty limited budget, and have been looking at old Teiscos. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Looking to spend under 300/250. Ive also heard it's hard to tell how good a teisco is without playing it, so should I not order one online? Should I just get a pedal for my fender? What's the move guys?

>It's a "But he doesn't play with FEEEEELIIIING" episode

TUUUUBES

Remember, 70% of tone is in the fingers.

The placement of those knobs on the tail is pants-on-head retarded.

How come Gibson doesn't make left-handed guitars since like 2015-series. Not that I would want a Gibson, just wondering.

Id imagine guitar sales arw down so they do what they must

They're completely fucking retarded and have no clue what to do to attract sales.
I think they're only still alive because of their name.
They could have made some new RD, or jump on the ERG trend back when it was fresh, but instead they keep doing retarded decisions, 24.75" seven strings, Robot tuners, the god damned fucking Firebird X, the list goes on.

>tfw can't play without a pick
i just wanna be cool like the guy from PGS demos...