Is there any artist more criminally ignored on Sup Forums and outside of Sup Forums than Alex G...

Is there any artist more criminally ignored on Sup Forums and outside of Sup Forums than Alex G? Car Seat Headrest is getting the attention that Alex G deserves imo. Any fans around?

youtube.com/watch?v=A9cIfVFNzSs
youtube.com/watch?v=J0fvo0nQ358
youtube.com/watch?v=sgS49i-ddOo
youtube.com/watch?v=lHOXaJlw6QU
youtube.com/watch?v=Fxhlve1jdJk
youtube.com/watch?v=MBWEHf4yy1g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aLGVGvO1YeE
youtube.com/watch?v=8rqW_ogLhP4
gklawpc.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>just another white singer

>rock music
>art

ignorant. He's one of the best songwriters of his generation.

whatever

i love him. i saw him twice last year and both times were amazing. seriously one of the best songwriters around right now

Awesome I haven't seen him live but my friend is seeing him with Built To Spill in NC soon I think.

Alex G is so fucking overrated its not funny
remembered when Sup Forums spammed DSU for awhile until p4k panned it

Daniel Johnston wannabe, I like that song harvey tho

Yeah I specifically remember DSU getting spammed but I dont remember p4k panning it.

>65610785
>Daniel Johnston wannabe
Alex G has talent though

I didn't believe in white privilege until I heard his music

7.9 everybody was whining it's a 9.0+ bnm album.
Saw him live when he came to florida with elvis depressedly
show was okay

all those white erly 20 something suburban male bedroom pop "folk" fags piss me off to no end

why though he's super talented. hardly folk either

hes really not i used to make music like that when i was 15 then i grew up

I had never heard him and from th songs you posted you must be kidding, he's in no way better than car seat headrest. He's lacking all tha charisma that CSH has. I'm not saying he isn't talented and songwriting is impresive but to me sounds even more derivative than CSH.

Alex G and Will Toledo in the same thread.

yikes

If you made music as well as Alex G does at 15 and then you 'grew up' surely I'd know who you were you retard. dont be a fag

fucking michael cera makes better music than alex g

>>>tumblr

cool opinion

fuck off with your white tumblr bandcamp-core for 15 year old irony ridden girls

Yeah okay buddy as soon as you fuck off with your posting on 4chans music board-core posts.

really boring song
basically no production to speak of, simple melody, pretentious as fuck, bad singer, what a disaster

listen to the Dillinger Escape Plan

alex g is garbage rather listen to teen suicide

unbearably white indie rock

playing a show with him in july

you probably do unless you are a newfag. i use to viral my shit all the time

ok alex if you're going to shill your band at least dont get mad when people dont fall for it

>CSH
>charisma
Lol.

he really does have though, for me it's the selling point of his music

youtube.com/watch?v=aLGVGvO1YeE

Yeah... he just OOZES charisma.

i like alex g but his albums all sound the same

Released three albums in one year bud what do you expect?

Maybe Trick and Rules are similar
but Beach Music and DSU are pretty unique

I knew you'd post that interview, it doesn't really help get my point across haha
but I mean in his songs, like this one, I mean it's such a short, stupid song about stop smoking but I find it so heartbreaking
maybe it's just me
youtube.com/watch?v=8rqW_ogLhP4

Do you know actually know what charisma means?

The term charisma (/kəˈrJzmə/; pl. charismata, adj. charismatic) has two senses: (1) compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others, (2) a divinely conferred power or talent.
found this in wikipedia
enlighten me senpai

Yet nothing he does shows any sign of that.

>deadpan singing over boring acoustic guitar chords, vocals riding each chord

I still see no charisma. I see no charm and it's hardly inspiring.

I guess not eeryone likes the same senpai

I never see enough Big Star here

What band are you in if you're being serious?

fuck off Alex

alex g is one of the most original talented songwriters today

>Allie G and Will Burrito constantly spamming Sup Forums

trust-fund core

White fricking male

in the first song 0:47 what is that

both alex g and CSH are trash

haven't been to Sup Forums in over 3 years and the first thread i see is some music i've never heard of that turns out to be pretty good

nice

alex g and csh are leagues ahead of most of the other lo fi/bed room pop/bandcamp core wave of indie
two of my all time favorite artists
have you heard his unreleased compliations OP

mythology
ignorant
same
old people and shut-in nerds like CSH. there's no charisma, he's just a basic normie.
>misunderstanding the music business this hard
lmbo
most ppl would rather hang out with a 15 yr old irony ridden girl than u
i love alex g but how is CSH good in any capacity

Some girl got me into this. Great album desu

Thats not Mat Cothran though

As someone who lives in portland (a very trendy place) Alex G has a huge following here to the point where they get almost as annoying as DG fans etc. He is very popular in his niche.

>Alex G
>Talent
This guy only makes ok guitar riffs, he dosen't have any melodic talent and he make pop music. and no, I'm not hating his music because "indie white male xD" I try very hard to listen to this guy but the haves no talent guys, he cant even do good melodies.

>"trust-fund" as an insult
I don't really even like alex g, but wow, look at you. What do you do when you inevitably find out that an artist you like came from a rich family?

this guy sounds the same as Car Seat Headrest but even worse so idk what the fuck you are talking about

I love Alex G. To me he kind of picks up where Elliott Smith left off. Alex, like Elliott has a great sense of melody, though i doubt he will ever be as great as elliott, I don't think he is quite as smart/self-reflective to think of things in the poignant way Elliott could.

Beach Music was amazing, I hope he perfects that sound more than the thrown together sound of most of his earlier work, Race excluded.

gklawpc.com/

looks like that julien baker kid

>music for college girls

>Giannascoli
so the lo-fi "artist" of this generation is a rich guy, well.

same dude
alex g's fanbase here isn't nearly as suffocating as the mac fans tho

you know honestly I don't run into a lot of mac fans probably because he's largely rejected by the DIY scene, but for some reason Alex G is well accepted. Also I have to confess I found 2 before he really blew up and I still enjoy it albeit much less often. Didn't care for salad days though.

holy shit this post is so obviously by alex g its hilarious

i feel. I don't mind mac's music so much, just the clones. also any local acts i should check out in that scene?

Im not really hot on any of my friend's bands desu. The scene is dead and they're all in denial because it's their fault it died and they just blame it on gentrification. The metal scene is struggling but probably the best thing here right now.

I guess check out How Down, he's a cool guy. Also the label Maybe Even Never, that guy's cool but idk what his output sounds like. Ape Cave is ok those guys are cool. But yeah I dont want to name names but I definitely am not a fan of most of whats going on right now. You got anything to plug? I do photography and stuff so I have no music to shill.

stfu idiot

What I was trying to say is who gives a shit

Alex G and CSH are both in the upper echelon of bandcamp indie I don't see why there has to be an argument

rad dude, i'll check em out. there's a bunch of cool shit at the psychic reader but the crowd skews kinda young. mood beach just put out a p good ep, band called butter is sick. i'm pretty new to the area so i'm still trying to find the crowds, but i'm a dj with KPSU so I get to meet a lot of cool local bands

hes pretty good but hes not anything special, stop being such an autist

>im new to the area
you should not have come

lol alex g is just bland lo-fi indie rock that dumblr chicks listen to. i know cuz all of my dumblr feminist female friends exclusively eat this trash up along with their tame impale, strokes, xx and other flavor of the month pitchfork crap. lol if they like it, then he's by default awful. they don't have an ounce of intelligence for good music. As for me, i'm currently listening to these guys: Franco Casavola
George Antheil
Josef Matthias Haue
Arthur Honegger
Alexander Mosolov
Marcel Duchamp
Jean Cocteau
Kurt Schwitters
Robert Desnos

Be Kind is one of the best songs i've ever heard, shame there's no studio version

woah you're so alpha and superior please tell me more

hm let's see

>Race: 5/10
>Winner: 4/10
>Easy: 4/10
>Rules: 5/10
>Trick: 5/10
>DSU: 5.5/10
>Beach Music: 4/10

and i bet you like this artist too, lol

>Twin Fantasy: 5/10
>Nervous Young Man: 5/10
>How to Leave Home:5/10
>Teens of Style: 4/10
>Teens of Denial: 5/10

Sure thing. I bet with that tone in your comment, you probably support Alex G. Since you asked to tell you more and since I have concluded you most likely like Alex G I am here to state you have shit tier taste friend

woah you're so alpha and superior tell me more

Please don't stop, keep guessing master

you're probably a female. late teens or early 20's. your major is gender studies. you dye your hair a few times a year. right now its blue. you are a misandrist under the guise of this third wave feminist albeit you fall head over heels for generic indie rockers like the boys from the strokes, tame impala and artists like car seat headrest and alex g (all cis white evil white men)

and again, you have awful taste. you are also agender and other buzzwords.