/daily/ - "class conscious memes" edition

It's the 12nd of Octobune.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, talk about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you're going to listen to in the following month, get memed on, etc.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>new topsters

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>new plug.dj room now that it appears to work again

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension of bad choices and silent regret (aka "taste")

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Don't ask about our Skype group, even if you're interested. We'll notify you if you qualify for membership.

Most importantly, don't downvote posts you disagree with!

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3KG-SP8YmU
vocaroo.com/i/s0YQpeXiGqLi
rateyourmusic.com/collection/smurmelade/r0.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=k3KG-SP8YmU

the

fact

that

That

fug

that

That

sicc

Fact

dem pigz
^(••)^

succ

why is /daily/ so shit Sup Forums?

dont fret, at least you got quads

don't know but check my digitz:

I'M FISH where

dem's some fine digits

first person to respond to this comment, pick a random number and I will listen to that record from my shelf
0-200 and from start or end

yeah

I'M FISH ama

192 fuck i can't post yet

0 from the start
just like your life

: (:) (

>owls
alright I take everything back
those are some qt owls

is that a limited edition re-release of Voices of North American Owls?

Ok, here it is
I need everyone to tell me a Number between 1 and 8. You must all choose a different Number tho. Choose wisely

lmao holy shit I didn't even realize the meme before posting, that is legitimately the 192nd album in my collection.
MEME MAGIC IS REAL

have you heard Flipper's Guitar - Doctor Head's World Tower because I feel like you would really enjoy it

What album is the OP image based off? I've been looking for it for ages.

It's some weird experimental vocal thing right?

nice dubs I'll take 5

my man I just backlogg'd dat :D

"Your album must be an example of The early use of tape manipulation"

Well look forward to it! I'm about to write a long winded review of it

this is the original cover
and yes, it's weird, experimental and vocal

the number that my post ends in

Five Men Singing

excellent pic + title, one cookie of camaraderie for you, my lad

"A Japanese Psychrock album that is nothing like LRD"

Five

nice trips

Does the whole album have to be "tape music"? What if just one track is just an early example of tape manipulation? Assuming 1967 counts as "early" my rec would be Absolutely Free by the Mothers of Invention

Trips!

wtf this is the best guideline ever

I already got this one, pal xP

No, 8

Nice trips
"A West Asia Traditional music album"
"A Dreampop album With excesive amounts of reverb"
>Jaap Blonk
Wew

Rovo - Tonic 2001

Yeah cheers, that's the one. It's kind of like Zubi Zuva but even stranger.

"Very Heavy accoustic drone"
I might allow it but 1 song is not enough
"Obscure first wave Post-rock"

"Live album from the 2000"
Which means triangle gets 3
"No Wave album with long songs"
Have Fun!

Recorded or released in 2000?

2000's
Sorry
And recorded

Alright then just do "We're Only in it For the Money" if 1968 counts as "early".

Make sure it's not the original censored version though. Just to be safe try and see if you can find the 2012 reissue.

>"A West Asia Traditional music album"
fuck me

try pic related

Coil - ...and the Ambulance Died in His Arms

Flipper's Guitar - Doctor Head's World Tower: Another 1991 classic.

The plunderphonics influence was entirely unexpected, and when the album opened with a melodic sample from "God Only Knows" I got unreasonably excited as to what this album had in store for me. To my enjoyment this album shares quite a few similarities to Cornelius' sample heavy Point and Fantasma, all the while maintaining a similarly cheerful aesthetic. The samples are seamlessly integrated and layered upon with original vocals and instrumentation, allowing the artist's creative abilities to shine through. I'm always hesitant that heavy sampling may overtake the original vision and reduce it to it's lesser components but this is certainly not the case.

A lot of times the music reminded me of shoegaze songs sans the shrouding wall of tremolo, especially "Aquamarine," a definite favorite of mine. A song with Cocteau Twin-esque guitar dreaminess combined with the subtle sludginess of a Boris track. The space tinged groove in "Ground Zero" calls to mind the signature guitar effect (someone please educate me on how that is achieved/what it is called (just tremolo?)) perfected by J Spaceman in his musical outputs of Spacemen 3 and Spiritualized. Influences seem to be thrown about every crevice of the record, yet it flows with a lax ease- even the sporadic vocal samples.

The funk of rhythmic drums and driving basslines really kick in on "The Quizmaster," which I feel shares many similar qualities to "Loaded" by Primal Scream, with similar progression and percussion (Perhaps they contain overlapping samples). The rising noise of frazzled guitars in the middle of this song grounded by the bass gives way to a triumphant return of the contagiously happy chorus, a brief climactic moment soon to be overshadowed by the next track.

The final "World Tower" opens as the grungiest track on the record, but sometime along the way the tempo changes along a swinging piano and allows a foray into a whimsical vignette before jumping back into this refreshing punk motif away from the sunshine pop previously established. The vocals are melodically interesting and had me hoping to sing along had I been able to understand the lyrics. A splendid eleven minutes slide by without warning- never dragging on a repetitious sound or idea. A closing remark applicable to every song on the record. Thanks for the recommendation whoever, haven't had this much fun listening to a new record in a good while.

>I just eat dinner
>forgot I had already had dinner...
>was wondering the whole time why I was so full already
music for stupid people?

>E3 starting

Music for this feel?

Frans Bauer

>music for stupid people?
see

Pauline Oliveros, Stuart Dempster & Panaiotis - Deep Listening

fucking destroyed

videogame soundtracks
i recommend Katamari Fortissimo Damacy

second best live album ever desu
win confirmed

Lol you really got me there!!!!1!

Bear, you can come out of hibernation now, there's a new animal getting roasted.

What genre would you call my band?
vocaroo.com/i/s0YQpeXiGqLi
It's only 1:45, so don't worry about getting bored (also, it's not just a sine wave, that's only for a few seconds)

i havent listened to it but it sounds like autumnwave

What is autumnwave? Bear in mind our music is mostly noisy and guitar driven

its nothing, i made it up, but based on your description is actually sounds more like string collision (also made up)

Sounds kinda noise rock-ish but less distorted

what do i listen to
choose for me
rateyourmusic.com/collection/smurmelade/r0.0

c a r l o s p a r e d e s

choose the final albums, guys!
Vinter and someone else I can't remember

Hugh Masekela - Home Is Where the Music Is

Agent Steel - Skeptics Apocalypse (1985)
>speed metal

Totally dumb, meatheaded, and not dumb and meatheaded in the way that metal should be dumb and meatheaded. There's really nothing /wrong/ with it, it's performed well, but it's just so completely bland and boring, there's nothing interesting about it at all. It's just a metal album. And this kind of metal isn't my thing anyway, it's too damn cheesy.

0.5+

It was me, I choose this

now wave/dance punk/noise rock? mosly basing this on that sort of skronky guitar, but idk

I guess 3 is my numb

best OP image yet

...Rudy posting hasn't been popular for at least a week.

how long we talking?
like 10 min songs?
>4 min?
what if there's only one really long song?

we pluggin

Germany - Ukraine was actually sort of boring. Germany was playing way too safe, Ukraine had a fair defense but if their attack can get them into the competition, it can't make them win against teams of Germany's caliber.
So far the competition isn't very good. I still have high hopes for tomorrow. Although Spain will probably walk all over the Czech, Italy might have their shit handed over by Belgium and that would be a priceless spectacle.

Also not drunk enough to decently drunkpost, soI'll just wish you gardeners a good night.
Sleep well and have a good breakfast tomorrow.

Cool! Gonna try and hear this shit next chart!!!!!

>The Sonny Criss Orchestra - Sonny's Dream (Birth of the New Cool)
I wasn't expecitng much from his after I disliked Kind Of Blue but this was really good. Short and sweet. Listend to it on repeat for 3 hours. Could get an even higher score if I see myself coming back to it still in some time.

yay glad you liked it

Slowdive - Pygmalion

Very competent roast, I like it.

music for cuckolding

Your boi Jangle here delivering the perfect mix of memes and music!!

^(••)^

Cool foot, I looked at it.

How did you manage to say desu senpai without getting filtered

Post another, I'm close

Now that's what I call a foot!

Nice pen and homework desu

Okay review desu

Sounds like my own personal hell of an album

My top 3 WWII/post WWII films are:

>Ashes and Diamonds
>The Master
>Come And See

Gib more WWII recs pls. Preferably with noir leanings but everything goes.

Goddamn why are /daily/ bois so qt?

obligatory brief return for memes

hi guys I'm still alive