Album that defines this generation?

Album that defines this generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zQZodBV39F4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think music that bad exists. Modern pop is pretty close, but still has a cohesive structure.
Probably just a track of someone crying for 22 minutes.

kek

still

the 90s are over though...

Ok Computer is the first album of the 21st century

1997 is not the 21 century

it's an usual description of the album, because of the concept behind it.

the album has a lot to do with how people felt at the end of the 20th century before Y2K, not how people feel about technology and society now...

not that
or that

you guys know what a generation is right? 25(give or take) years.

That album doesn't even define the day it came out

what other album sounds like it? any of the songs

Any radio friendly neo-psychedelia?
mgmt, pond and melody's echo chamber sounds pretty similar or just give Tycho some vocals

Hip hop, self-obsessive, made by the musician who has had a shitload of influence in recent pop music, seems p clear cut

was about to post this

the only real generation is the baby boomers.

Probably this honestly. Has themes of hiding your emotions behind otherworldly fantasies that I feel is becoming very prevalent

Not to mention sonically it's just fucking bonkers in a way that really captures the breakneck pace of modern society. No wonder it's so heavily influenced by a schizophrenic, it's hard to maintain sanity in a world that's constantly oscillating between monstrous highs and crushing lows.

easily this imo

only album ITT that works

MAYA is the willfully self-sabotaging and sonic manifestation of a world saturated with the conveniences of technology. It's the culmination of post internet paranoia and social media driven detachment. It's an album that seeks to find the blood, the humanity within the circuits of cold, digital causticism.

Since 2010, it has only grown in relevance, fitting a lot more comfortably in a post Snowden world than it was originally released.

MIA truly tha GOAT.

The generation who experienced the massification of memes has to be represented by a very memetic artist.

Drake is close as I guess he is a favorite of black twitter and he's in the vines and shit. But he isn't an album artist.

I think this one will do.

Honestly I feel that The Money Store represents this generation better. The themes of conspiracies, occult, internet, and depression really hit home when I think about the modern world.

No Love does a good job too, just in a different light. Where as TMS is more subtle in its sadder tones, NLDW is much more bombastic and assaulting. I feel that the subtler approach represents the modern world better.

/end autistic rant

How can it define this generation if it heavily relies on 60's tropes, dumbass.

youtube.com/watch?v=zQZodBV39F4

sad but true

yes

Drake fits the self obssesive tag in a way that is a lot more relatable to this generation. Kanye's just a flow blown autist.

this lmao

Thom is Gen X you retard

lol fucking plebeian

Well, certainly not the album that sounds like late 60s

>The generation who experienced the massification of memes

hope you realise that most normal people (doesnt include Sup Forums users) dont give a shit about memes

so... ITT shit albums?

are you saying everyone from this generation isn't totally autistic?

you must not know many normies

HTTT given recent events

yeah but the cover is a dick pic.

So we're all in agreement that Currents > Innerspeaker > Lonerism, right?

The cover that features sexual deviation is more fitting for the modern age but a dick pic is also satisfying.

Like I said, subtlety is more important than bombastic I feel.

close

currents>lonerism>innerspeaker

close
lonerism>innerspeaker>currents

Tame Impala is hands down the best band in the world right now. They are not pretty good, they are pretty incredible. But more than just how good they are, They represent the first ripple in a massive change that we are about to go through musically as well as culturally. I think that over the course of the next 10 years we are going to see a sort of mini-renaissance similar to what we saw in the late 50s-60s post war. With pot and gay marriage soon to be legal federally its gonna be a whole new world. 2012 end of the world isn't the end of human life, its the end of one way of thinking and the start of another. Pot...cash...crop...money! As someone already said here on reddit, The united states will be the only country in the world were pot is legal federally. We are gonna have jobs again, and money to burn. Money to spend on art and music. In a sense, a need will be created for GOOD art and music. Not something that is coldy manufactured by hitmakers. Tame Impala is leading the charge! They are proving that people CAN tell the difference between real and manufactured music! Im not saying Tame Impala are the next Beatles but they are making enough waves to make change. Moral of story, Tame Impala Rocks!!!! They (kevin park) are making real beautiful music that only happens when a talented person commits a lot of time to something that they are passonate about. Tame Impala is a real life "bedroom" band, they way it is meant to be .

because of post-modernism and simulacrum

Almost 20 years old and it sounds it