>[YouTube] Not Found

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/SG-Standard.aspx
youtu.be/rowJWDymKb4
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=/gg/ general froosh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

while true, this is the case of most guitar forums (sans age maybe)

So, I love Fuzz pedals, specifically Fuzz Faces, I've currently got the small Si FFM1, played with a Gibson SG and a Marshall Haze 40.

I'm looking for something that's a little more "tame" and controllable, also less harsh and nasally, would the Ge FFM2 work well? I'm mainly interested in how well it cleans-up with the volume rolled back?

FYI, I've got the stock Humbuckers on the SG, and they're almost lowered all the way down, I can get some OK clean-up if the "Fuzz" dial is lowered a bit on the FFM1, but it still sounds too harsh and nasally at times, so will the FFM2 work for the "warmer" and "more rounded" sounds?

Hey guys, rate my new bass I just got.

any gibsonfags here?
i only have a strat rn but the next thing on my list is a gibson sg or explorer, wanna get all white. what are your recommendations?
also best budget acoustic? and best budget cables?

>best budget acoustic
seagull s6

>best budget cables?
the cheapest ones. copper wire is copper wire

5 strings out of 4

What's your budget on the SG? Any other colors you're considering in addition to white?

>Post current gear
Modded ibanez rg570, fender aerodyne j bass
6505 212/fender HRD 410
Boss ge7, fulltone ocd, Mr black supermoon
>Post desired gear
6505/5150 (head), ampeg V4, engl powerball, all the overdrives, some kind of parametric eq
>How long have you been playing?
8 years
>Favorite guitars/basses?
90's mij ibanez or any other thin neck superstrat
>Favorite guitarists/bassists?
Just naming bands: converge, botch, off minor, Gaza/cult leader, eauth, pleabian grandstand
>Current/Past Projects?
Currently play guitar in a metal core/grind band (heavily influence by the afore mentioned bands) and bass in a noise rock/noise/shoegaze band

i think a white body with a red pickguard would be rad! i don't really have a budget, i would definitely save up for it tho, i am rn.

Never played a Sandberg. How is it. I like the body shape for some kind of ergo headless guitar

ugly but probably sounds good

Can you suggest some clean songs similar to Animals As Leaders' songs like On Impulse, David, Modern Meat, Point To Point.
Something fun to play with fingers.

Explorer has much better body/neck balance than an SG, heavier guitars though. If that doesn't bother you I'd go Explorer all day.

Worth noting that Explorers still tend to come with the 500T/496R combo so make sure you like them, they're pretty hot in comparison to what a Les Paul or SG comes with.

I know you want white, but have a look at the old Gothic Explorers. Matte black paint means their resale value isn't great. A lot of guitar and can be found fairly cheap as a result.

Are you a professional comedian?
Pretty good, I'm pleased with it so far.
>ugly
Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

SGs are VERY light, all 'round great guitars, but they're slightly neck-heavy, if you do get one though, check them in Cherry Red, best color on them in my opinion.
Stock pickups are good for all tones ranging from Blues up to Heavy Metal.

Explorers are well-balanced, heavier than SGs but lighter than LPs.
The pickups on Explorers are hotter than those on an SG, and are basically good for tones ranging from Hard Rock up to Extreme-ish Metal.

>asks for comments
>gets them
>becomes upset
ok

Well, according to Gibson's website, you can get the 2014 SG Standard in Alpine white, it just comes with that Mini etune shit on it, which you can remove and throw some normal tuners on there. It's got the smaller SG pickguard, not the fullsized batwing though.

gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/SG-Standard.aspx

You could always go with one of these (pic related), Keith Richards couldn't be wrong.

Anyone?

i like to play a lotta punky stuff, are these guitars more suited for a metal player, (despite the shape)
like are they versatile between crunchy and clean?

Speaking of assholes....

shhh it's ok. you don't have to get bothered by others opinions.

Crunch yeah, 500T does it well. Clean? Not so much. Even the 496R neck pup isn't great for clean unfortunately. It's not BAD, but it's nothing special.

That being said changing pickups can completely change that anyway so keep that in mind.

Can anyone explain what this pic has to do with anything about guitars? Google reverse image search is giving me nothing.

i had one of those for like a week cuz i trared up for it while trying to get something else. even though i personally don't love the explorer shape i kinda wish i kept it cuz it was a pretty nice playing and sounding guitar

I have an 08 SG special that I've put a lot of work into and it's my go to. Main upgrade was a set of P90s in humbucker size. So I can for sure recommend a special if you want to put a little bit of work into it.

it's heroin man from RHCP

It's how you know the guy is making Rule Violations

cry hard bitch nerd lmao

slightly new, just like three years playing now never worked on a guitar, lots of googling for me in this thread lol, but yeah i'm willing.

I'd recommend just bringing it to a tech to get all the work done. Good luck bruh, also recommend the Pete Townsend SG in a beautiful white with small pickguard and p90s. The best.

thanks for being kind to a newcomer

That user chose a great bass, I'm happy for him

are there any modern rock bans who use the harmonic minor scale besides muse?

Friendly reminder: the kiddies who post in /gg/ threads have nearly ***zero*** experience concerning guitar. Playing, repair, new player recommendations, etc. The average age in these threads is around early 20s: green as shit grass.

If you have an actual question this is probably one of the most uninformed & least knowledgeable places you could ever expect a proper answer to come from.

Be weary of any advice given here as it's amateur & perfunctory at best.

Have a nice day.

Also, friendly side note:

Anyone posting their gear here has made a decision (either consciously or unconsciously) that playing guitar is nothing more than a meaningless hobby, something along the lines of stamp or coin collecting. Their uninformed opinions and amateur advice are firmly rooted in this unserious mindset, music being secondary to the compulsion to accumulate and publicly display their "enviable" possessions.

Sup Forums is considered poison by most mature adults and is rightly shunned publicly for its immature, juvenile, and sometimes vile content. Lorde and the bassist from DIIV immediately spring to mind, both being heavily criticized for posting on Sup Forums and for their seeming willingness to be connected publicly to Sup Forums. No one with any real goals or aspirations would risk being contaminated with an association to this website, thus no serious musician would chance being recognized by posting their gear here. The only people who would be willing to subject themselves to this possibility would be the kind of hopeless, self-defeating troglodytes that routinely post on Sup Forums because they know they don't have any other options and nothing better (or more important) to do with their time. If you're posting on this site then you should be very familiar and thoroughly acquainted with this standard model Sup Forums user. There's no deliberate or pragmatic pursuit of knowledge or skill in these threads, just inane, unending circle jerking around gear, attention whoring, and fishing for replies.

For example: Aussiefag has been here for well over two years accomplishing absolutely nothing except for *getting some attention for himself*. The sad truth is that he has nothing else, this is his legacy: replying to other losers in /gg/ threads because his life is obviously devoid of any other social interaction.

If your goal is to wind up like this then posting gear here ad nauseum and avoiding actual musical discussion is definitely a good place to start.

Carry on.

Mods can't save you from me, assblasted kiddies.

This is my house.

This is 100% correct

I am currently using this rig to learn basic guitar techiniques. Did I fuck up trusting Squier as a starting point?

Nah, you should be alright with that. You're a new player and have 2 guitars and 2 amps already?

Hello

I was convinced to buy a Squier Let's Start Playing pack and practiced on the single coils.

I was really into the idea of humbuckers, due to my interest in more Hard Rock, Nu-Metal, Metal music tastes and bought a Telecaster with humbuckers so the body didn't change too much from my former guitar.

I see. Well if you dig it more power to ya. Squiers are good starter guitars. Good for modding and messing with when you get further down the rabbit hole

Friendly reminder: the kiddies who post in /gg/ threads have nearly ***zero*** experience concerning guitar. Playing, repair, new player recommendations, etc. The average age in these threads is around early 20s: green as shit grass.

If you have an actual question this is probably one of the most uninformed & least knowledgeable places you could ever expect a proper answer to come from.

Be weary of any advice given here as it's amateur & perfunctory at best.

Have a nice day.

Also, friendly side note:

Anyone posting their gear here has made a decision (either consciously or unconsciously) that playing guitar is nothing more than a meaningless hobby, something along the lines of stamp or coin collecting. Their uninformed opinions and amateur advice are firmly rooted in this unserious mindset, music being secondary to the compulsion to accumulate and publicly display their "enviable" possessions.

Sup Forums is considered poison by most mature adults and is rightly shunned publicly for its immature, juvenile, and sometimes vile content. Lorde and the bassist from DIIV immediately spring to mind, both being heavily criticized for posting on Sup Forums and for their seeming willingness to be connected publicly to Sup Forums. No one with any real goals or aspirations would risk being contaminated with an association to this website, thus no serious musician would chance being recognized by posting their gear here. The only people who would be willing to subject themselves to this possibility would be the kind of hopeless, self-defeating troglodytes that routinely post on Sup Forums because they know they don't have any other options and nothing better (or more important) to do with their time. If you're posting on this site then you should be very familiar and thoroughly acquainted with this standard model Sup Forums user. There's no deliberate or pragmatic pursuit of knowledge or skill in these threads, just inane, unending circle jerking around gear, attention whoring, and fishing for replies.

For example: Aussiefag has been here for well over two years accomplishing absolutely nothing except for *getting some attention for himself*. The sad truth is that he has nothing else, this is his legacy: replying to other losers in /gg/ threads because his life is obviously devoid of any other social interaction.

If your goal is to wind up like this then posting gear here ad nauseum and avoiding actual musical discussion is definitely a good place to start.

Carry on.

Just so you Mods know, I do it for free too.

I fucking knew it... Shouldn't have posted it here.

I've gotten really good at octave slides on bass by accident. Is that useful?

Would this be a good iso power supply or can I get something better

Seems legit.

Honestly, I want to run this thread into the ground too but I'm too tired right now.

So nite nite inexperienced /gg/ kiddies, even shitpost machines need to sleep sometime.

looking into making some stone guitar picks for a m8
know a bit about rocks but fuck all about getteers
what is a good height to have the finished stone
i stole one of the dudes loose plastic picks because im a cunt its 0.71 and he says he likes them thicker and i have seen some stone picks online range from 1-4mm made from stone
just looking for some bros who play with stone picks to give me some advice on what they think is nice
might have to end up making a few to get my head around it

It's not properly isolated, get the MXR ISO-Brick.

Why?

increase my lapidary skills
make a present
maybe make some cash down the road
be a robot

Copy the shape of the plastic one. As for the thickness, I think it would be cool to taper it. Start at like 2.0 - 2.5 mm at the top and bring the point down to about 1 mm

t. guy who has no idea about shaping stone

Also forgot to mention I bought a 1.5 mm agate pick to try out a while ago, and I fucking hate it. Makes everything sound way too bright. What kind of stone are you going to use?

was thinking agate but im going to look at what some mates have instock for me to buy
there are lots of types of agate and im sure they could all sound different and at different sizes just want some general ideas
sucks the agate one didn't work out for you
the dude plays mostly metal but he has a soft spot for the blues if that helps
and yeah i stole his plastic one for a template

Let us know how it goes

How long should it take me to learn all of pic related, but not just that, play it quickly in succession. I play like 1-2 hours a day and I know them by heart but when you start lining them up and only having 1-2 seconds inbetween them I struggle and stumble over myself, I know I don't play 5-6 hours a day but I'm struggling a bit.

Do you actively practice your chord switching? If so you should be able to get it down within a month or so.

Ya i'm stuck here in my lesson book and videos i downloaded from online, it's a pretty comprehensive teaching course.

I struggle sometimes with going from 2nd string to 5th string or 2nd string to 5th F sharped, but I imagine if i skipped ahead without being able to play it as fast as they want me to i'd find myself behind if i keep going on.

I appreciate it, I'm learning on my own so I'd figure i ask from time to time when I get discouraged or need advice.

pic related is one of the songs i've learned recently.

woops.

If you can afford it, getting a teacher is a huge boost when you're first starting off. The book you're going through is probably good though. As for the chord switching, I'm pretty sure justinguitar taught me this one; set a timer for 1 minute, then practice switching between 2 chords, and count how many times you switch. Write it down. Try again with some other chords. Keep doing that until you're confident with your chord switching

You fucked up getting two mid tier guitars and small amps instead of going for one mid range guitar and a good amp.

I don't know about rock, but a lot of metal bands use it.
I really like the harmonic minor scale, especially if you twist it around and use it as a major scale starting from its 3rd degree instead of going full malmsteen.

I'd rather learn without one to be honest, just a bit of stubbornness, I did it with piano before, lessons and all that, helped a ton naturally with all those keys and whatnot.

I appreciate the advice though I'll definitely do that, forces you to dedicate yourself to just improvement instead of dilly dalling. Thanks m8.

What picks do you use?
I like a 1.5mm celluloid Alice pick that has a bevel on it for pretty much everything. Mine got worn down so I took a 1.14 Tortex pick and sanded the tip to have a bevel until I get around to buying a new pick.

jazz III plectrums

2mm ultex jazz III, or the John petrucci jazz III, they're great for big rhythm playing.

Do you have any problems with the JP jazz's being slippery? Or am I just a fountain of sweat

Teachers are unnecessary. Anyways, nothing wrong with doing things the fun way.

Bullshit. Getting direct feedback is incredibly valuable. You can learn from a book or a video lesson, but a teacher will be able to tell you immediately what you're doing wring and how to fix it.

Nope, and I sweat a lot too.

I agree, most people can't see what they're doing wrong and keep doing it.

Standard Jazz III. On acoustic I use the green Tortex (.88mm)

Won't say it's not helpful, but it is unnecessary. Maybe some people will not bother trying to establish good habits and technique, but there's no reason you can't be critical of yourself and correct your own behavior. Some people are bad at self critique I guess, but I don't think anybody simply can't figure it out if they try.

A teacher helps but there's nothing you can't learn on your own.

I'm buying a Gibson RD Standard Reissue Silverburst this week.
The seller is asking 1500€, which to me seems 'a bit' too much. Only 400 were made in 2007 and this is probably the only one in my country but still. I've been looking arond online and saw one sold on Reverb for 815€ in 2013 and one for 1180€ in 2014.

What do you think is a fair price for this beauty?

>buying gibson
literally why

Because they sound great, play well and look good.
I've been really happy with my SG (pic related) that I've had for 6 years

haha le epic i hate gibson meme

Seems well priced for my country but expensive for euros. Importing one not an option?

Thoughts on Germanium Fuzz Face + Humbuckers?

Clayton ultem.

Eh, I prefer the 1,20's.

hi gg I am looking into getting a poverty bass. I've played guitar for many years now but never owned a bass and now I want one for personal recording and practice. I want to spend as little money as possible as I'm ultrapoor. Is getting a sub $100 bass playable or just complete garbage? Know any good sub $150 basses? The most expensive ones I'm looking at are $200 squiers. But I don't want to resort to that unless cheaper basses are complete trash.

I think I'm in love

Get an SX ursa. Serious quality there. I will never replace mine, ever.
youtu.be/rowJWDymKb4

The model is very rare, 400 made in 2007, as I said, so it's not likely one will pop up for sale anytime soon anywhere. Shipping and customs fees are expensive as well, so I'm pretty sure it's cheaper to buy the local one anyways.

I was thinking of something around 1300 euros, it's pretty usual for the site I found it on to have sellers list their guitars 200-300 euros higher than the actual value.
Expensive guitars are really hard to sell here atm, so I'm pretty sure the seller will drop the price.

The thing here is just that I absolutely need (want) to buy this guitar, even if he doesn't lower the price, I'm just trying to get a better deal than 1500€

that looks awesome dude. don't listen to the derpy poorfags in these threads I've never been sorry I bought my les paul

you have some birdshit on your chair

faggot

Carbon Max Grip Jazz III's! The best pick I've ever tried, too bad none of the retailers in my city have them, have to order them online everytime.
I used to play the regular dunlop max grip .88's

I have a Cort Action Junior (30" scale) that I got as a kid. Since then I moved on to play guitar, but I still play it for my home recordings. It kicks ass and the short scale is really comfy for a guitar player. They're pretty cheap, but I'm not sure if they make those anymore.

A squier jaguar bass is a good and cheap option as well.
Not 150$ cheap, but I wouldn't bother with an instrument that cheap anyways, they're pretty much complete trash.

I've never heard anyone been sorry about buying a Les Paul, just heard people being sorry about selling one.
I almost ordered the 50's tribute les paul in vintage sunburst, but the RD caught my eye.

I like the jazz III xls desu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you get a vintage RD artist for a bit more than that price?

>I've never heard anyone been sorry about buying a Les Paul, just heard people being sorry about selling one.
a les paul is the perfect electric guitar if you find a good one. nobody who knows their shit will ever dispute that

Same as me!

Froosh, can you tell us more about your doxing? how it did happen my man? Is it available somewhere? Thanks chap!

nice bridge pickup faggot

Whats amazing to me is how easy songs i used to think took skill are, like the schizo part of 21 century is actually super easy.

At least thats what ive noticed after learning

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=/gg/ general froosh
your in over your head here mate