Why is japanese music so popular all of a sudden in online music communities?

why is japanese music so popular all of a sudden in online music communities?

why is korean music so popular all of a sudden in online music communities?

memes
i made a jap music general almost daily for about a month

>all of a sudden

they have a complex and foreign culture that I personally find fascinating

t. weeaboo

i see it everywhere now, not just on here in small places. i think it's significantly gotten more popular as a whole recently.

no actually lol. I've never watched anime apart from some miyazaki films.

cause it's good

bump i just listened to that album you posted op and it is dead ass the single best album i've heard in a long time this is incredible

>all of a sudden

>>all of a sudden
why is something I've just noticed the way it is?

Japanese popular culture has been popular in the western nerdier internet for like at least 15 years now

jun togawa is essential weebshit that's actually good-core

The people who were kids when anime etc. Japanese popular culture was (relatively) popular in the late 90s and early 00s have now grown up and are in the age when they're making content to the internet, even the more professional sites and not just personal blogs etc. Meanwhile the younger people still have that same kind of interest for Japanese things, which is probably further amplified by Japan seeing a lot in Japan. There's probably more "weebs" nowadays than ever before. Personally I think that this is fine, it's nice that USA doesn't completely dominate the western pop culture.

There is a lot of it, it is exotic while still accessible, and it can actually be found online.
Also the rise of weeaboos since the 2000s certainly helped.

I like The Pillows and Ogre You Asshole. I haven't tried to explore much else though.

Jason Aldean

With Bernie defeated the redditors are finally retreating from Sup Forums and us weeaboos are taking the board back.
Also there's the fact that Jun Togawa is a goddess among pop singers.

Jun Togawa is one of those genuinely interesting pop artists

Speaking of this kind of music does anyone know where I can find the self-titled album of one of Koji Ueno's bands 8 1/2? All my searches can only tell me that Koji Ueno was in fact in a band called 8 1/2.