Now that the dust has settled can we honeslty agree that indie is unbearably white?

Now that the dust has settled can we honeslty agree that indie is unbearably white?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gMWd9egsqYY
youtu.be/gJqV0UVEoAE
youtu.be/EhUlQ_Cay74
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can we agree that Pitchfork is unbearably stupid?

there is nothing wrong with being white

can you imagine an article saying the unbearable blackness of hip hop
people would shit themselves and pitchfork would've been shut down ages ago

Lol, the US is pretty white. Why wouldn't indie be? That's like writing an article entitled "The Unbearable Blackness of Afrobeat"

niggers deserve to be shot on sight

But you can't be racist against white people you fucking Nazis.

>can't be racist against white people

>white people anywhere ever

This. It's called prejudice plus power and intersectionality. If I killed a white male right now, it would be justified morally as I am a black trans woman who has faced injustice and persecution at the hands of the power structure enabling their majority rule. Better lock your doors, because I'm protected by the law.

made me realize that i can't name a single non-white person in an indie band off the top of my head

really? I can without looking any up.

Kele Okereke

I dont know what pitchfork expects pus to do about it. White people make more indie rock than any other race, so naturally they seem very present. There is not this huge under appreciated sect of black indie artists, its not like discrimination is happening. Just like hip-hop, black people are the ones who make it the most, so you will see them the most present in the genre

>black trans woman

Le meme man so funny! Hahaha!

It's unbearably quirky.

TV on the Radio you fucking mouth breather underage faggot.

Toro y moi comes to mind

James Iha - Smashing Pumpkins

maybe it's because i don't always look at pictures of bands i enjoy

actually never heard of him or his band

This.
I stopped taking anything they say seriously years ago. They've had a good run, but Pitchfork is dead now.

>black

im cant tell if he is being retarded on purpose or not

TV on the radio?

i haven't listened to them
most of the indie i listen to is twee stuff so that probably has something to do with it

It's definitely unbearably wack
Unbearably corny
Unbearably dweebiish

These are all markers of white people so I can see how the conclusion was drawn.

>all unsigned and DIY artists
>are white
That is statistically incorrect

> It's called prejudice plus power and intersectionality.
holy cancer
those made up words
its called brainwashing

think4urself sheep

Empress Of and Esperanza Spalding

Thinly veiled Sup Forums threads get to stay but threads about how Sup Forums is nothing but thinly veiled Sup Forums threads get deleted ;)

Kele, half of TV on The Radio, that one black guy that drummed in The Cure, the list goes on fambo

ugh, can someone explain me why people believe this artical is wrong?
indie IS unbereably White, just look at
>car Seat headrest
>animal collective
>block party
and tell me someone in there who isn't white/cis/male etc.
daring you atm

Olugbenga from Metronomy

Indie will be less white when other races actually embrace the genre. White is the majority making it and listening to it. Pitchfork made no effort to promote PoC indie bands, or give them more advantage in the market. Anyone can make indie rock, thats why its indie rock, but if PoC dont wanna, than you cant complain

because Sup Forums is a part of this website and tumblr is not you fag
if you want a liberal safe space go anywhere else on the internet

Unknown Mortal Orchestra's keyboardist

Avey and Geo are Jewish.
Can't think of any non-whites in the others.

>PoC
jesus just shut the fuck up

>ugh
>artical
>unbereably
>block party
9/10

>PoC
Holy shit...

you've never heard of fucking bloc party? how new ar you?

Sorry, its just shorthand for non-white. Didnt mean to trigger you with my "buzzwords"

>9/10
?? ????

Lol, I like how they use "indie" music to describe a systemic socio-economic difference. Just say what it really is: "The Unbearable Whiteness of the Western World"

the black dude in metronomy

i'm a total pleb whose knowledge of indie rock begins and ends with c86

Sup Forums belongs in Sup Forums

Pretty sure liberals ended slavery.

Reminder that the person who wrote that article has several thousand plays for Sloan on her last.fm page.

EDGY
D
G
Y

Complaining about Sup Forums also belongs in Sup Forums.

Indie sucks.
It's unbearable, whiny, soul-less, SJW drivel.

Music for hipsters and essentially why Sup Forums, Pitchfork and Fagtano are mocked.

>you can't be racist against white people you fucking Nazis.

>Soulless
So what are you in defense of? Hip-hop, the most soulless music of all?

Sup Forums doesn't listen to indie anymore
that was like 5 years ago

Sup Forums don't belong in Sup Forums.

Lord Euronymous believed music and politics should never mix.
You can spout your non-white hatred all you want, but keep it to the designated board.

Why do people who say stuff like "OHM [thing] is so white!" usually tend to be white?

>avant teen detected

I don't know what you've been smoking but Hip-Hop has soul.
It's literally influenced by it along with jazz, blues and funk.

The article missed the point, it isn't that the members of indie bands are white, but that the music sounds white.

I'm older than you.
Also I don't listen to avant-garde.

Best if you get to know what someone likes, instead of throwing buzzwords. It'll make you more intelligent.

>The Unbearable Stench of Curry and Shitting Streets

There are many things that can be said about hip-hop, but it's certainly not soulless

especially compared to fucking indie

>complaining about generalizations
>just said all indie is souless

How is soul measured?

man fuck that, that article is about as useful as an article on the unbearable blackness of rap

Ok so is this Indie or Rap?

it's rock dumbass, it says so right there on the cover

It is.
Indie and its associated hipster culture sucks all the soul out of any genre it infests. It then turns said genre into safe, tepid drivel.

They did it to punk.
They're doing it to metal.

In Arethas

lel

Pitchfork: We hire certain writers based on their skin color and thus we can write editorial pieces like these. The lack of diversity within the indie music scene is actually representative of the actual African American population in the West and the problems unique to their communities but whatever. Yeah, indie is racist. That's it. That's the problem.

They also have to hip-hop as well

how the fuck can music sound white

do bad brains sound white? does vanilla ice sound black?

Certain music sounds ''white'' idk how to explain it but when I think of genres like country, classic rock, southern rock, synthpop, indie, hardcore punk, AOR I can't picture a black guy doing them without it coming off weird. Same with a white guy rapping or making jazz/blues/reggae music.

>idk how to explain it
Then it isn't true.

Thanks for playing

Serious answers please. "Soullessness" is an empty criticism if it can't even be measured

You don't listen to a lot of music, do you?

white boys can't make reggae without sounding like weedbros
white blues it just sounds corny
jazz maybe since its instrumental they can do it

and just picture a black guy singing country or a dadrock or leaonard skinner song it wouldnt work

How old are you again?

name one good black country artist
name one good white blues or reggae artist

Indie is unbearably bad, why isn't there an article about that?

>and just picture a black guy singing country or a dadrock or leaonard skinner song
those all sound fine

youtube.com/watch?v=gMWd9egsqYY

There were many white blues musicians.
Hendrix played rock.

It's "Lynyrd Skynyrd".
Dear God, you're dumb.

>name one good black country artist
Darius Rucker
>name one good white blues
Jimi hendrix

Now that the dust has settled can we honeslty agree that this should be a Cassie thread?

The hootie and the blowfish guy
Led Zeppelin

I mean its just targeting white youths like fucking basketball shoes and gucci shirts target the brown kids. That jew fro faggot probably spent like 200+ on that outfit, the only difference is that most of my people couldnt be bothered to give a shit about post irony and the burdens of moving away for college because theyre occupied with something equally stupid and trivial. Also most of these bands couldnt be considered independent in any way.

hendrix is black you nonce
darius rucker sucks
led zeppelin was blues influenced rock. not straight blues like they did back in the day with howlin wolf and muddy waters
GOOD ones

who is aaron neville
youtu.be/gJqV0UVEoAE

oops, wrong link
youtu.be/EhUlQ_Cay74

>hendrix is black you nonce
That was in response to
>and just picture a black guy singing country or a dadrock
Also Clapton, SRV, etc.

Also define "good"

Rory Gallagher

Stuff that wasn't just generic soulless mimickry of the original artists. Stuff that could match the original blues artists in quality.

I take it that you don't understand anything about rock music's history, or cultural attitudes towards it.

Indie music is "white" because it is sanitized choir music, it lacks the rhythm, sexuality, and danger of rock music. It is neither titilating nor exciting, nor bold, nor novel, it's bland audio wallpaper for coffee shops.

There is nothing transgressive, artistic, or even a sense that it is unpretentious entertainment about it. It is the safest genre of music, that's what makes it "white" because it is inoffensive and unremarkable.

>generic soulless mimickry of the original artists
See If you are 19, why do you post like you're 12?

>that's what makes it "white" because it is inoffensive and unremarkable.
What do either of those things have to do with being white?