Why is this board so obsessed with "avant-garde" shit...

Why is this board so obsessed with "avant-garde" shit? I went and listened to some and it just sounded like something a school shooter would listen to lol. Is that the kind of people who come here?

listen to this crap
youtube.com/watch?v=GJZuf4OiMcQ

>Hello guys I'm a normie haha :)

Fixed the OP

leave now and never come back

>yes I will listen to anything, no matter how painful, to feel special

It's a deconstruction of trends, and a pushing of boundaries during that period and context must be taken into account. Somewhat like creating a sonic Rorschach. But you are too much of a pleb to think beyond the moment of the sounds hitting your ears so it will never make sense to your stupid ass

Well most of mu is underage people like that think that they are somehow special or not "normal"if they disattach from general pop culture and instead drone and conform harder to a smaller pop culture

keep in mind these people cant play any instruments and don't actually know much about music - so their idea of being "into" music is "listening"to literal noise that has no artistic merit behind it.

so disregard people like this and those that openly admit to browsing mu. Theyare always snowflakes that dont know jack shit about music

Sometimes it can be interesting. I don't necessarily think I listen to avant garde music with any regularity (unless you count drone as avant garde). But I do appreciate the odd harsh noise or experimental electronic sound collage every once and a while. Field recordings can be very fun/surprising/interesting.

>leave now and never come back
Yes, because the other places will teach him to not be stupid like this, right?

I got fucking destroyed

Yeah but what do gain from that, what are the reactions that i am supposed to have? "Oh my god, dude this is deconstructing those trends so hard", "i can hear how that deconstruction is just falling apart" "wow, this is so intelligently put together". I dont listen to music to be impressed by the artists process. Its all about the product they create

Thats why we have pop music , theres a place for everything , personally its good to get out of your comfort zone once in a while

yes, its also almost always the default response of underage users to hide behind a dismissive, passive wall of irony in hopes it will dismiss any points made against them. You guys are so predictable and boring KEK

You just really seem to not understand the progression of art history or are being consciously ignorant since it doesn't make sense to you because that was an absolutely retarded argument

not him but u sure showed him bud, lol

However, I disagree with the fact that avant garde is inherently bad because it doesn't apply with the conventional standards, that's just plain wrong. Experimental music is healthy for music as a whole.

I don't listen to Avant garde stuff just to seem special either, I just think it's dumb that people are so quick to judge it based on a quick listen

Also, not playing instruments doesn't necessarily mean that you know jack shit about music -- there are a shit tonne of people that play instruments that are complete morons in that field, and other way around.

As a person who doesnt indulge in avant garde noise, what kind of feeling am i supposed to get? Am i supposed to be excited, sad, happy, angry, a mix of it all? If you cant make something memorable (given there is no melody or lyrics) or cant even provoke a feeling, than is the only value 'difficulty'?

>implying he'll learn anything ITT

Not all of it is difficult , personally I like music that takes me on a journey whether it be bizarre or surreal , doesnt have to be about emotions , different strokes I guess

Do you play an instrument?

Yes. I play guitar, and played clarinet back in highschool (not anymore tho)

Just experience it. The point of art is everyone's suppose to get their own experience of it. There's no set rules to appreciate anything..

yr. not meant to think about free improv etc., it's not chin-stroking intellectual music. it's visceral and in the moment- the point is that it's exciting to hear a group of musicians interacting with one another in that way, to hear a group or solo improvisation as it takes place and going wherever. by turns free improv/free jazz can be ecstatic, unsettling, playful, or brutal, and that's part of the fun of it. same goes for other 'avant-garde' (lol) musics like noise- people like to overthink it, but at the end of the day it's meant to be a visceral experience.
all that stuff about 'deconstructing trends' is interesting, but mostly doesn't relate ot the act of listening itself.

I like this answer, i guess im being a bit to ignorant, i like music with a more experimental side, and what can once be confusing as an idea, can actually be impactful if used right. I just have always been emotionally attached to music, thats what i like, cathartic stuff.

because some music is meant to convey emotion besides blissfull euphoria or feels. Some people watch tv sitcoms about average american families doing normal things but with witty humor and handheld cameras. Some people listen to buyers market

You told him to leave Sup Forums not just the threads.

Musically Stupid people coming here is the price we have to pay to make to make people stop being musically stupid.

fair enough
actually a decent thread desu

That's like asking why are scientists obsessed with doing experiments. Because they want to try different things and make something new and unique. Avant Garde? Really? The question would be better if you asked why is this board obsessed with rock music. As listening to rock music and making rock music constantly as a board would be questionable as to why we would be stuck on one thing, as if our music taste is very simple and uninspired. Avant Garde is experimental type music and does not have to sound a certain way. It's like your asking why don't we just listen to straightforward typical music instead of trying to innovate. Are you referring to a specific sound? It's all about the art and what the artist is trying to convey, don't forget that, we don't need genres anyway.

Yes, now go away, you cunt

Then why are you here faggot,
Go back to reddït

i overheard kids talking about me in high school saying essentially that i seemed like a school shooter and they made jokes about how they were nice to me so that i would spare them. its pretty shitty. i was a weird kid who wouldnt speak a word. it was hurtful.

I know that feel. I was shy in high school, and I couldn't talk that much, it turned into me seeming like "the silent type"... however I would try to smile at random so I seem innocent. So maybe things where ok.

>be the loudest and most obnoxious class clown ever in high school
>completely silent and chill dude in college
people change in weird ways.

>stop liking what i dont like
>why cant everyone be like me?
>i cant enjoy it so no one should

Why do you listen to music? Cause you enjoy it. Otherwise it's pointless. People can enjoy music you don't. For example, your link was kinda cool. It's music for a certain feel and if you wanna feel that feel you listen to it. Otherwise don't bother. If you show even one innocent song you like to Katy Perry and Rihanna fans they'll give you the same crap you're giving us. It might be melodic, relaxing, soothing and beautiful to you, but it may not to them. Honestly, you're the ones trying to be different and contrarian to the Sup Forums crowd. Shit like that is popular here cause we enjoy it.

what is ""weed""

youre pretty retarded if you think personal pleasure is all there is to life. i listen to music to stimulate my mind and better understand humanity and our place in existence. pop music only does that from an ethnomusicological standpoint but contains nothing in terms of content. art music and traditional musics are the only music of value.

>random garbage noises
>I'M A MUSICIAN

That's like idiots who use bags of trash to form piles and call it "art". 2deep4me

>youre pretty retarded if you think personal pleasure is all there is to life
> i listen to music to stimulate my mind and better understand humanity and our place in existence
>art music and traditional musics are the only music of value.

How can you even live with so many spooks? Frankly, that's kinda sad, but if that's the way you wanna live- all the power to you. I'm enjoying my Liszt, Can and Brotzman everyday. If you wanna stick with one, no one's going to stop you.

>I dont listen to music to be impressed by the artists process
Why not? Music is impressive. You should be impressed by it.

Yeah, sometimes that's the case, the a person genuinely likes a feel. Most of the tryhards on Sup Forums just listen to some obscure crap over and over until they convince themselves that they sort of like it so they can rush to Sup Forums and start a 3x3 thread of a bunch of obscure crap that they've convinced themselves they like and suck up those user upboats from a bunch of other faggots who have been waiting with baited breath for another 3x3 thread so they can share with a bunch of anonymous faggots the obscure, stupid garbage they've been trying to convince themselves they're into for the last few days.

Incidentally, that's how AIDS was created in the jungles of Africa -- a bunch of faggot monkeys sitting around in a clearing trying to convince each other they were into obscure shit that they really weren't into. True story. Look it up.

>i listen to music to stimulate my mind

I listen to music to stimulate my bowels, user.

>Most of the tryhards on Sup Forums just listen to some obscure crap over and over until they convince themselves that they sort of like it

What do you base this on? It just sounds like you're projecting. I'm not attacking you or anything, but I sincerely want to know where you get this info from?

INB4 someone calls you Montie.

Listening to Avant music here is seen more of a image thing than anything else IMO. I have expanded my tastes this past year, but I have no problem listening to Pitchfork Core and other shit because I think music is on one level playing field and some people think avant music is immediately better than non avant shit. It is very annoying.

why does this thread have any replies at all

fucking summer

>sage

that's because everyone on this board has shit taste

Who asked you faggot

He's another insecure faggot who is assblasted because his favorite pop shit was trashed by Sup Forums