Tfw I thought things would get better when I moved to a big city and took a new job

>tfw I thought things would get better when I moved to a big city and took a new job
>tfw things didn't get any better
>tfw spent a week in the mental hospital for depression earlier this year
>tfw no friends to hang out with
>tfw spend every weekend alone
>tfw low self esteem
>tfw 27 and everyone else from college and high school seems to be in a long term relationship or getting married and I've never even been in a relationship
>tfw the depression medication isn't helping
>tfw miserable

Is there music for this feel Sup Forums?

>27
Quickly get an album out in case you do end up killing yourself

Well this exact same thing happened to me last year and I went through a Beach Boys phase, so I guess Beach Boys. When I was getting better I listened to a lot of synthpop. Ask about a different medication dude, you gotta figure out what works for you.

Burial

I'll be your friend

Want to go see Swans with me in July?

This. Specifically "That's Not Me" off Pet Sounds

Only if it's July 14th

Exercise and start going out to bars or something
Especially Pet Sounds. That's Not Me is pretty much about this exact thing.

holy shit, are you actually in the Twin Cities?

I work in Minneapolis literally across the street from Mill City Nights

I'm in Edina. See you at the show I guess.

Cool. I'll be the guy in the black band tee

You got a last.fm or anything?

No, just a soundcloud account that I got locked out of. Though I'm maximus [at] grr.la. How about you?

I'll email you.

The best album for feels.

this warms my heart. hope you guys have fun at the show.

i'm taking my dad to see them in September lmao i can't wait to see his reaction. I've only showed him like 2 songs of theirs and sent him a bunch of articles about them. Can't decide if i should play The Glowing Man's title track for him before the show or not

I hope you two become boyfriends.

>i'm taking my dad to see them in September lmao i can't wait to see his reaction. I've only showed him like 2 songs of theirs and sent him a bunch of articles about them. Can't decide if i should play The Glowing Man's title track for him before the show or not

What does your dad normally listen to?

Radiohead

a lot of older blues, rock, and folk. I showed him TMR and he liked it. His favorite artist is Bob Dylan and used to make music pretty similar to his style. I think he'll be impressed by the show regardless of how much he actually likes their music cause he respects older musicians his age like Gira who still put a lot of energy into their music and performances.

Specifically, for these feelings, The Bends seems most applicable.

Maybe Amnesiac or Kid A. Also possibly OK Computer.

Fuck it, just listen to the entire discography.

>waaah I'm so tortured I have such a tough life let me whine about it on the music board
You should be thankful that other summerfag normies with daddy issues are here to bounce on cocks with you you enormous faggot

You and the rest of them deserved to bite the dust in Orlando holy fucking shit

That's the funny thing with depression medication, it isn't going to make you happy if your life genuinely is just shit

I'm scared this is going to be my future mu.