Unpopular opinions thread?

This is my least favourite Microphones album

>My Warm Blood definitely doesn't need to exist
>Too many interlude tracks that don't hold up on their own and shift the album's mood too much like "I am Bored" and "Instrumental"
>fucking samurai sword.
>too long

> Spiderland

i seriously dont get it
i've listened to it so many times but i just dont

This is my favorite Nine Inch Nails album

Spiderland is vastly vastly overated but still good. Just because other seminal post rock bands cite it influece others just take it. After all all musicians are influenced by others, it's just others are more popular

Samurai Sword running into My Warm Blood is one of the best moments on the album tho

bjork is shit
anco is shit
death grips are a run of the mill rap project that people only listen to because it's popular on this board but just underground enough for them to feel pretentious

I'm sorry someone's forcing you to like it! Oh wait they're probably not and you could just move on heh. Cheers lad.

fair enough. It's thanks to the memeing here I haven't touched Death Grips, thinking of starting off with Bottomless Pit though

jumpscares. I don't like jumpscares..

Bottomless Pit is one of their catchiest but on a texture level, it's also one of their hardest to get into. They've basically mixed all their styles of the past albums into one album and it's a fucking amazing mess of sound.

Never said anyone was, asshole. I just enjoy trying to get into albums I hear a lot of folks I know talking about. It's not like I'm keeping myself awake, covering my walls with notes trying to understand the fuckin' album.

honestly the first song I heard (like many people I think) was guillotine. Absolutely hated it. Still gonna try that balloon album though

yea I see where you're coming from, I think if it was cut down to:

I Want Wind to Blow
The Glow Pt. 2
The Moon
Headless Horseman
My Roots Are Strong and Deep
I'll Not Contain You
I Am Bored
I Felt My Size
I Felt Your Shape

and maybe a few others, this might be my absolute fave album of all time.

I feel like people would also cut down mount eerie if it was seperated like the glow but is't only based five tracks

Wew lad relax, was just a bit of cheeky bants! Nice dubs. Anyway if you can't into Alvin Row or Chocolate Girl you should probably just give up.

I'm pretty sure the main reason it's so well known now is for Alvin Row. I'm an AnCo fan and I don't like that one, but there are other great songs on the album appealing for different reasons such as Chocolate Girl or Penny Dreafuls for the lyrics and buildup to them. Like that "Everybody came down just to see me leaving" part at the end of the latter is great. Don't worry if you don't like it anyways, I don't like at least half of the main Sup Forumscore and it doesn't bother me.

Have you listened to their other albums?

Why don't you like Alvin Row? Not questioning you like "YOU'RE WRONG", just curious because it is unanimously regarded as the best song in the album. No other song in it comes close to me, and I love STGSTV.

No clue, I just didn't care a lot about it. I've only listened to it once in fairness, so perhaps the Sup Forums hype dulled it a little for me.

>I've only listened to it once

Do you skip it when you listen to STGSTV or what? Or do you just listen to random songs from it and never the whole thing in order?

Really? Wow.
I can't imagine cutting out some of, imo, the most powerful moments on that album, like Map and the 2nd instrumental.

I mean the album once. It seemed that every song was very unique and I liked them all, but Alvin Row seemed more standard in comparison.

You simply didn't understand that album.

it's cause tou're a furfag

an abrasive song going into a calm one is literally the opposite of a jumpscare

I completely understand. I was like that in the beginning, but by some twisted form of psychiatric mindfuckery, I came to enjoy every minute of it.