>Fantastic music
>Emotive and genuine singing

Here, OP, I fixed it for you.

Oops, forgot picture!

i think her singing adds a really unique element to her music
theres no one else who sounds like her

>hating Joanna's singing
Kill yourself.

there's a reason for that. good vocalist that have actual range and can carry a tune don't have to sound like a child. Of course no one who can actually sing imitates someone who can't.

Yes, her singing is untrained, but this album is such a step up from the singing on Milk Eyed Mender.

Also, she's a classically trained harpist who also wrote all of the arrangements on this album and the beautifully poetic lyrics.

Yes, she's no opera singer, but I don't think that should discredit her, and especially not this album, entirely.

Actual question for all you people who complain about Joanna's voice:

Have you listened to her recent stuff? I can understand some hate from TMEM-Ys era Joanna, but HOoM and Divers are so different. She had issues with her vocal nodules blahblah, she basically sounds like a different person. youtu.be/1nz0t7K1prY

>Emotive and genuine
I said no pickles, nourishment distributor.

That shit's like a hundred times better

Couldn't she hire a session vocalist, or write music that doesn't require singing?

then she should stick to songwriter and let a good vocalist sing the material. only people who force themselves to like her voice defend her. so many good singers in the world why subject the populace to almost painful sonics when they just criticize and make fun of you?

You guys do know her singing's not THAT bad, right?

Also, I think you guys fail to understand how personal her songs are, especially on Ys.
Fuck, the last song is about the grief she feels after her best friends death in a car crash, songs 2-4 are about a really shitty relationship she was in and the frist song is about her sister.
She writes music that are about HER experiences and HER feelings, and there is no fucking way that someone else could convey the amount of emotion she put into the lyrics because there is no way they could understand the significant impact that they had on the lyricist.

These aren't some recycled pop-garbage lyrics that you can slap on any singer with a decent voice, these are heartfelt, poetic sonnets written by a woman who pours her soul into the music she makes.

I hope that sums up my point well enough, the fedora has been well and truly tipped.

Who the fuck puts personal songs on an album that is listened to by the public? Keep that shit in your poetry book. Or admit that you're lust a generic attention whore like every woman in music.

Do listen to HOoM. Her voice is so mellow there.

Y is the best fucker

Ys*
And did I say otherwise? Please learn to read before commenting! Thanks! :)