Albums where the title track is the best

Albums where the title track is the best.

Cloud of Unknowing is better

The world looks red is where it's at.

Yea cloud of unknowing is a close second for me.

kinda off topic but I'd say: Cloud of Unknowing > The Glowing Man > Frankie M > The World Looks Red/ The World Looks Black > Cloud of Forgetting > Finally, Peace. > When Will I Return? > People Like Us

Kind of hard for me to say but based off just two listens i'd go Glowing man > cloud of unknowing > Frankie M > wlr/wlb > cloud of forgetting > when will I return > finally peace > people like us

What's the consensus on this album in general?I've only listened to it once but I thought it kinda sucked tbhfam. It just seemed like rehashings of The Seer/TBK but not nearly as good.

This guy gets it.

The section with the Joseph lyrics is my favorite part of the album and definitely puts the track at number 1.

Most people I think feel it's pretty much on par with the other two in terms of quality. It's less ADHD which I think puts off people who suddenly have a Swans album which you can't headbang to, but if you're an actual fan of the music and the principles behind it it's absolutely one of their best records.

Word, I definitely need to listen to it more

Operation Doomsday

Yea, I feel like it doesn't have the amazing atmosphere as Seer (the seer gives me very specific visuals throughout the whole album of walking in dark woods, crawling through dark tunnels, and even being in outer space with few stars shining through. Where To be kind gave me way more of an explosive, head banging, epic feeling. The glowing man seems to be a combination of the two, never droning on too long or grooving out too much. Excellent ending to the trilogy in my opinion. It's like I crawled through the black pit that is the seer straight into the erupting volcano that is to be kind and now it's destroyed everything and this album is the (almost post apocalyptic) aftermath. Not the pitch black environment of the seer but not the brightness of to be kind. It's like the forest of the seer is being mildly lit by some of the left over flames of to be kind. Easily one of their best albums

Ariel pink and R Stevie Moore - steviepink JavaScript

I see it in part as combining the two, but it really has a lot of features neither of the other two have. The acoustic tracks bring back an AoL sound not heard since My Father, while the 'Cloud' tracks are really wearisome and morose in a way which nothing they've done previously has been, but also very pretty at the same time with the flute and the fluttering string instruments. The World Looks Black too has a really unique runaway-train-style rhythm, and Jennifer's performance on When Will I Return is worlds apart from Jarboe or even Karen O on The Seer. Frankie M in particular is just so different to anything that's come before but it still unmistakably Swans. 10-15 minutes of wailing choir and dreamlike rolling cymbals followed by what is essentially a lament but a really funky one, complete with ironically bright and poppy female backing vocals. Having said all that the title track is the only one which wouldn't feel too out of place on the other two albums, but even then there's something different about it with the piano, female vocals and the absolutely massive, heavenly glissando at the end.

But "?" and "Gas Drawls" tho

kek

dubs