This recurring pattern

>Democrat president
Music=folkies, granola hippies, leftard alternative bands, betamaxes
>Republican president
Music=Metal, tough guys, crunchy guitars, songs about fucking hot women

Can't wait for Trump to lead us back to a glorious age of macho man music, can you?

Both of those sound terrible.

Democrats are more patrician

What a fucking shit cherry pick list you've got you colossal faggot.

Off to bed with you, Christgau.

This and also macho music is cringey as fuck

Dubya is fucking disgusting

Nu males detected.

False republican presidents spawn more punk bands than anything

didn't the first wave of punk happen during the Carter years though?

>Republican president = hair metal and Slipknot
Guess I'll vote democrat this year

snarl word/shitposting detected

CHVRCHES isn't an American band dipshit

Never claimed it was.

>4 years of butt rock

trump would never allow such a thing to happen

>Megadeth
>hair metal
Uh...

I like to think of it like this
Since a lot of musicians tend to lean more leftwards in their views, when the political climate shifts to the right, a lot of the music that comes out tends to be more oriented toward protest, while when we see the political climate shift left, a lot more emotional music tends to come out.

Compare what you'd hear in the 80s to what you hear now, at least lyrically, and you can probably see this.

The reason the Republican presidents got good bands while they were in office is because people wanted to speak out against them, so bands were formed and good content was made.

With a Democrat people are happy so leftist cucks don't need to make angry music.

>The reason the Republican presidents got good bands
>hair metal
>good
Uh...

How about you literally go fuck yourself my man

Yeah I was obviously referring to Megadeth when I said hair metal not Kiss or anything you fucking assweiner

that ice-cream looks delicious

>With a Democrat people are happy

>LBJ
>country almost collapses into a civil war
>Carter
>malaise, shit economy, gets his ass kicked in '80
>Clinton
>wins first election because of Ross Perot, second because GOP runs a stiff
>faith in government is at all-time low
>Obanana
Oh boy where to start...

Yeh but most of the bands from the 80s that critics loved were the alternative/college/punk leftist groups not Motley Crue.

Thatcher years.

The punk explosion happened in 77 before Thatcher was around.

>critics are all fedora lefties like Christgau
Shock. One thing you consistently notice from professional critics is a snob dislike for any music with a mostly working class fanbase.

Lol what a fag

>american president
>british artists
what the heck

*tips fedora*

I never looked into Christgau's politics but he did write for the Village Voice which was DailyKos before there was DailyKos.

To be quite honest with you, I don't even know what LBJ and Carter did, as I have never even lived in the US. All I know is Clinton fucked his secretary, Bush is evil, and Obama won because he's black.

Not OP but Britain has been the 51st state of the US since WWII anyway. ;)

Summerfag detected

>LBJ
Got 50,000 Americans killed, created nigger welfare, Immigration Reform Act, left office with the country almost in a civil war.
>Carter
Told people there was no way we could fix the busted economy and we should instead live like communist Eastern Europe with people lined up to buy the only sausage in the store. Also his foreign policy contributed to the Islamofascist cancer of today.
>All I know is Clinton fucked his secretary
Corrupt scumbag/woman abuser. Signed away 1 million US jobs with free trade agreements. Bombed a country that posed no conceivable threat to us for 99 days. Appointed the most far left US Supreme Court Justice ever. Began the creation of the NSA police state.

Mostly he just regurgitates the standard VV leftard line although I have no idea how much of it he actually believes and how much he didn't just do because they wrote his paychecks.

A lot of those bands were catering to Americans anyway because we're worth tons more money than the small UK home market.

>feels the need to assert his political opinions
>lol I'm not even from america

yuropoors are obsessed

Kys montie, everybody say it with me
1 2 3
KYS MONTIE

ok gotcha

kys user