Why doesn't Sup Forums like nirvana? whats wrong with it?

why doesn't Sup Forums like nirvana? whats wrong with it?

because Sup Forums hates music

ive literally never heared anyone here talk bad about nirvana

why doesn't Sup Forums like prince? whats wrong with it?

kinda whiny and lame 90s era pseudo-edge. it's angst with a condom over it. kurt had a cool voice though

1. extremely over played in the 90s, very annoyingly popular

2. just mediocre music that was never anything special but somehow became "iconic" and therefore went into an endless cycle of being over played.

Are you 12? Wait, why do I even ask. Fucking summer.

Massively overrated. They were just a case of right band at the right time. Their music was really nothing special.

I kinda like it, but the Pixies influence is very prevalent throughout that entire album

If Cobain didn't off himself, this band would have gone on to be forgotten pretty quickly.

this, and
this.

it's music for children. The music wasn't anything special, it was just popular.

>"you don't like something i like? well then you're fuckin 12 kidd SUMMER"

nirvana are of of those bands who were so obviously good that even normies realised it was good

his criticism was legitimate, yours was "i grew up with this how can you not like it, must be too young"

typical nirvanafag

i like it, i dont consider myself mu tho

he's gay like me xDDDD

I wouldnt say obviously good. Maybe obviously palateable but this is on the right track. It wasn't amazing but it was def not terrible, so normies latch on and people who actually know/care about music didn't mind.

Not even the best album of the 90s

The weird angsty edgy thing I think is what it comes down to. It's almost like you have to be an awkward high schooler to enjoy it.

Not even the best album of 1991.

>all these snobs will never appricciate In Utero
Stay ignorant plebs

there's not much to read into and appreciate. it sounds good, but wanting depth doesn't make someone a snob.

This so much.
Loveless 2bh

Cheesy 80s shite

mbv, slowdive, swans...

i hate the fact that they use the same chord structures over and over again
for example, dumb and smells like teen spirit are literally the same chords, same order

Slowdive is so sexy

proof that there isnt much complexity there despite what people like to pretend

these bands are contrarian trash

Every nirvana fan I've ever met has shit taste in music. Ask them who the pixies, sonic youth, black flag, the melvins or the wipers are and they'll just stare at you blankly then tell you how great blink 182 and guns n roses are. They're always the Rock is real music crowd who think AC/DC is high art, the exist music Kurt cobain was trying to stand against.

i dont know them to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, i know them to make incredible music that happens to be contrary to expectations and norms.

what are you doing on Sup Forums?

this is so true

this is changing too, possibly for the worse. nirvana is seeing a revival among basic top-40-only types as well. at least this is what I'm seeing where I live.

I unironically think nirvana is overrated and i dont like Kurt corbains voice

im the final authority on what's good and bad music, and i say nirvana is GOAT

>circumcised