You have one minute to prove you've collected records before the hype and vinyl is your main format. Go

You have one minute to prove you've collected records before the hype and vinyl is your main format. Go.

lol @ people who actually buy this shit

>Not buying old used records from the 2 dollar bins for making sampled hip hop beats.

Never understood people like this why is it so weird to support artists you like

Support them, not the industry who mass produce these kind of shit

>this oversimplified and inaccurate perception of how being a patron of the art works
lol man keep throwing that money away. I don't listen to much of anything where the musicians don't pay the bills by having day jobs

What if you're buying directly from their label or picking up tour variants from when you catch them live?

Squandering money since 2008. Not sure if that's "before the hype" but it sure feels like it.

Then its good. Congrats

>translation: im poor, cheap and like free music

just say what you mean user :')

That might all be true but even if I had loads of money I wouldn't buy vinyl. Also
>tfw there's a new tripfag in every thread you read
this summer will be pretty rough

Hey guys im J Dilla!!!! im madlib lol look at all my shitty records 8-)

bernie sanders supporters, ladies and gentlemen. every big corporation is out to get ya!

Crosley a shit I can tell you that

who's bernie sanders

I am 66 years old and still buy records.

I'd say I started before the dang hype

Get off the internet grandma

Is that Montie's GF?

you could've bought an appartment and leased it to stop being a wage slave but you didn't because you're weak and you try to fill the void of your existential crisis by buying obsolete technology in order to look cool.

you're so stubborn that you wouldn't even buy pressings released by the artists themselves rather than the record execs? what about pressings they're selling at a show?

Fred durst has been here for a long ass time

like since when? Never seen him in what is coming embarrassingly close to five years here

lol I don't even care about supporting artists tho lmao

At least a few weeks

wow you're so self aware and apathetic

w e w

>a few weeks
>long ass time
anything under a year is newfag to me. But still I've never seen him post before so I guess that's my error

I just care about other things more

I steal them tbhfam

if you stop supporting them they will stop making music

i've been posting on mu for a while friend :)

No, because they have day jobs
seriously how long? I'm curious

You got me there friendo. My girlfriend and literally everyone I interact with only associate with me because I'm cool and own vinyl. That's how I got my job, too. They just gave it to me as soon as I mention that I own a lot of records.

Please stop projecting yourself on me like a true autist, thanks.

The reality is that a lot of the shit I bought in 2008 I no longer listen to, and sell for bloated prices. Brand New, Thrice, Circa Survive. A lot of my favorites from highschool have fetched me $100-$300 a piece. I can basically sell off a splinter of my existential crisis and cover what you'd bring in after a month of being a wage slave. :)

So you're saying that the best part of having a record collection is selling your record collection?

under fred durst for about 3 months i think
under the trip for a week or two

anonymously since around 2012, so im still fairly new

>literally dick measuring contest: the thread

>if you stop supporting them they will stop making music

It depends, if they're doing it as a hobby and really interested in it, they wouldn't. Buying their stuffs is a good thing because it allows them to rely solely on making music thus quiting their jobs and spending more time on making and perfecting their art however to say that they will stop making music, your case is weak because looking at bandcamp and some youtube channels, they are artists that do what they love or as a hobby.

He's saying he's a businessman. Like the Pawn Stars

From a monetary standpoint, it feels amazing to sell off one dated piece of music to fund 4-8 albums that are relevant to my current tastes, yeah. I really can't argue with that. If I wanted to be a true Sup Forums crusader I could probably quit my job and just live off eBay and Discogs sales. I'd run into trouble after I burned through all that no$talgia, though.

so it is a pretty new trip, I was right

Just following the OP's topic m8.

none of this is doing much to convince me that you're not a fucking loser though

I started collecting, or at least became seriously interested in vinyl, before I knew there was a newfound hype for it, so I guess that counts? I dunno, I'd like to think that I'd still be into records if the most recent revival never happened, but it's probably not true
it's not my main format because i'm not a rich edgelord

Oh good. It's probably for the best that I honestly couldn't give less of a fraction of a shit what you or any other mouth-breather thinks about me online. Wew.

I started before the hype but it's not my main format. I have close to 5000 records but still download music everyday just to listen to in the car or when not at home.

Assuming the bulk of that 5,000 aren't Goodwill records that you picked up for a dime just for the sake of owning, that's pretty impressive.

whats the rarest or most valuable one in your collection

Started buying vinyl in 1972. This was my first album.

whens your episode of Crate Diggers coming out

the extent to which you attempt to display the size of your e-penis says otherwise
go to bed grampa

not understanding what you mean. are you referencing my age? BTW. Second album i purchased. I still have every album I ever bought BTW and took very good care of them.

please don't do every album one by one you old fuck. Please don't post any more albums actually

By literally following what the OP is asking for and then stating why it hasn't been a total piss of money in recent years? Alright man. If you say so.

why are you still trying to argue with someone who obviously isn't going to listen to you

Sapo?
Eso es una rana chaval

didn't you folks teach you if you don't have anything nice to say to someone. Don't say anything at all? Not sure why you feel the need to insult me. Do you talk to your grandparents like that?

i didn't.

hell yeah fellow owner. the puns on this are great

I try not to talk to them. Also I'm not "saying" anything to "someone" I'm anonymously typing to an anonymous old person

Because it's 10 PM and I'm on that Netflix / Sup Forums spree.

this website is so terrible

No argument to be found there. Rest assured I've done the rest of my online rounds.

I collect cassettes

literally every musician I've listened to in the past five years has stopped making music

Sounds like you need to start listening to more music.

es cierto. siempre les decimos sapos en casa... que mal!

looks like you need to stop hearing Sup Forums posts

>hearing posts

I'm not fluent in complete and utter retard. Try again?

You really that dense? Don't worry I'll give you a few minutes, I know you can do this user

what is going on

Is illiteracy a new meme that I've been fortunate enough to dodge until now? Pretty funny duder xD

holy fuck I've been there lol it's in Seattle

no really what do you mean by hearing posts

>he doesn't install the latest prototype Chinese technology that allows you to hear the sentence of a post

>2004 (14)
>Bike to nearest record store to pick up some basics (Floyd and Dylan I think)
>Hope I'm not heckled one the way there since I lived by boozers
>Place just has a sign that says "RECORDS"
>Walk in
>It smells like stale paper, cigarettes and moth balls
>Only guys there are two old hippies and the guy behind the counter
>Bulk of the records are either used (for cheap) or in disrepair (dollar bin)
>Some new here and there
>Can't find Dylan
>Whatever, I'm getting the fuck outta here
>Walk up to counter with Floyd
>"Woah, this kid's got Animals!", says one of the hippy guys
>Other hippy guy goes, "Hey kid, you over smoke one out to Floyd"
>Pay and blow outta there

>2016
>Hey, that old record store might still be around..might go check it out
>Drive over
>Place is decently packed with college kids in Doc's
>Florence and the Machine is playing in the background on a floral Crosley
>Bulk of the records are new and in plastic sleeves, even the old releases are repressed
>$30 for a Doors 2LP
>Wait, what the fuck?

And now I just buy them online (for sale) or go to thrift stores.

$50*

ive seen this pasta before

It's OC you autist.

Vinyl is my main format. I'm so broke.

I started buying vinyl in 2010, about the same time I started getting into music at all. I feel like that's probably when it was becoming popular though. Still didn't have a proper record store in my city at the time however.

Fantastic.