Why does Sup Forums hate Tame Impala so much?

Why does Sup Forums hate Tame Impala so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KKjrPs7bnco
gimmetinnitus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Apocalypse Dreams.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1. they're approaching too strong of a Billboard pop sound
2. they've grown too popular

Because cute girls listen to it and Sup Forums is full of awkward sperglords

car commercial psych

contrarianism

Literally true, but Elephant is one of their worst songs. I'm not sure if the band deserves to be judged off of it.

Also, Stereolab is car commercial psych too and Sup Forums loves them.
youtube.com/watch?v=KKjrPs7bnco

too popular, they were liked before Lonerism was released, and that's their (his?) best album

Coincidentally, the Tame Impala song Sundown Syndrome sounds a lot like Stereolab.

Coincidentally it's also the best Tame Impala song

Because Kevin Parker is a Car Seat Headrest tier fucktard.

this

/thread

Specifically to spite that fucktard who spams the Lonerism threads

I thought Sup Forums Loved their latest album . . .

this isn't /r/indieheads

Not true. Went to a Tame Impala concert recently and it was filled with below average pseudo hipster girls. Also, they suck live.

>Also, they suck live.
Yeah this is the worst thing about them.

Every song from that album is either Blue Jay Way or Flying.

Do they really suck live... I've always assumed they would be good live as the only thing that 4/5ths of the band does is play live shows... that's lame

Sup Forums hates on Currents but it's pretty decent imo, nothing on IS which is his best, but still.

Kevin Parker's voice is notoriously bad live. That's why he puts so many effects on it in studio.

That's a bit of a stretch and you know it.

It sounded like his voice was cracking a lot. I got second hand embarrassment listening to him try to hit the notes.

This is one of the worst band I´ve ever heard, everything sounds so uninspired. I don´t get the hype.
It makes me cringe of how soulless it sounds.

Le 60´s psych revival dudee!! xDD flanger!! weed!! instagraam !! XDDD.

>Le 60´s psych revival dudee!! xDD flanger!! weed!! instagraam !! XDDD.
That's some pretty strong bias you got there.
You don't have to look very long to notice that Tame Impala has genuine emotional content to it.

That being said, Elephant is a shamelessly shallow pop rock song and Kevin admits it.

t. Metalhead

Have you listened to Innerspeaker? Every single song has tons of reverb and delay on nearly everything.

His voice is like 200% better live now than it was even during lonerism years

Well, Kevin admitted wanting to make a shallow pop album, so...

Are you trying to tell me that two of the most common characteristics of shoegaze make a song sound like a Magical Mystery Tour ripoff?

And yet Currents was definitely not shallow (for the most part)

Innerspeaker is not shoegaze

That's what I'm saying though. You think Innerspeaker sounds like MMT because of reverb and delay, yet shoegaze which also has lots of reverb and delay doesn't sound like MMT.

shoegaze is a different kind of psych like the velvet underground, MMT is a very specific thing, both MMT and Innerspeaker are psych pop rock

Yeah Innerspeaker and MMT are both psych rock but that doesn't mean that everythign on Innerspeaker soudns like one of two songs off of MMT, no matter how much reverb or delay they have.

Considering those songs pioneered the excessive sound they were going for and beat out their contemporaries at the time, it's fair to say they influenced the far and away feeling they give off, like he's singing from a high mountain, like what John Lennon was going for on tomorrow never knows

Also the shoegaze sound has more to do with the guitar arm, or whammy bar and less to do wth effects pedals, Kevin shields said so

I'm seeing tame impala perform tonight

Lonerism is dope

I agree

they're like a boy band pop version of mars volta

the ending of Lonerism is actually a bland rip off of any Omar Rodriguez Lopez solo

Innerspeaker, Lonerism and the EP were good but Currents was fucking trash

they're okay basically

i don't hate them. i think they're decent. i just hate the retarded fanbase who praises them as the second coming of jesus or the reincarnation of the beatles.

every time they're brought up on here there's some fanboy idiot who tries to say they're the most important band of the decade or something along those lines, and that's just obviously not true.

Tame impala aren't real psych rawk11!!!!!! Only king nozzle and the lizard hose is real modern psych11!!!

I THINK THE REAL REASON MOO HATES TAME IS
because they make psych rock, are milking the popularity of the scene rightfully so and became tremendously popular doing so which TRIGGERS all the moo sperglords who criticise psychedelic as being a write-off of a genre that anyone with 12 effects pedals can make.

tldr; moo is angry that psychedelic is 'cheap and easy' yet none of them managed to jump on the psych bandwagon

lmao cucked by true AUSGODS

Coincidentally, you are fucking right

stop posting this every single time

I too went to see them recently and they were very great, and I've been to like 100 concerts in my life. They also use huge confetti cannons and lots of light effects. Jagwar Ma opened for them and they were suprisingly almost just as good, too bad they didn't have so many effects in their show

They just sound so boring...

Innerspeaker > Lonerism

it´s idiotic but true

basically most of Sup Forums really like tame impala but they've gained a bad reputation because Sup Forums likes to spam copypastas about them to make their audience out to be worse than they actually are (check the tame impala page on the Sup Forums wiki for instance) but they're actually a decent band who've put out three great psychedelic albums.

btw lonerism > innerspeaker > currents

kevin sucks live, the rest of em are on point. But now he drowns his vocals in effects live and i think even has backing vocals so it doesn't sound as bad.

They're the latest in a long line of beatles wannabes, but since overrating 3rd rate hack imitators is en vogue this decade, everyone and their 11 year old niece listen to them

it's annoying

here's your you

They suck.
Can't stand Sup Forums's hipsterisms.

They're alright.
They peaked in 2010/2011 when Allbrook was still on the bass and Jay was on the tubs. They were more of a garage/jam band then and you could see them having so much fun on stage.
I went to their Opera House Concert last year and it was good.
Wasn't amazing, but it was good. It satisfied me but you could tell the jam had disappeared to polished perfection which is a different kind of good. Kevin's voice was Kevin's voice, pretty meh.

They are a boring band
Any "revival" band should fuck off

I reckon it's his most shallow release, musically mind you. There's a shittonne of effort put into the sonic crafting (the sounds themselves) but as far as songwriting goes Innerspeaker and Lonerism strike me as more enthralling and inspired.

Listen to Apocalypse Dreams mah man.
With headphones.
Here I'll get you an mp3 link

gimmetinnitus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Apocalypse Dreams.mp3

Why would you shit on such an amazing album?

Still better than Animal Collective or Cage the Elephant.

I don't hate them I just think they're overrated as hell and Kevin Parker's an egotistical cunt. His music isn't as good as everyone thinks, Currents was shit, and theyre even shittier live

>muh phaser

poor man's AnCo

because they suck my little asian dick desu, baka

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

That's the song that made me interested in the band in the first place

>that fucking kazoo

I saw them live and they were great, they even premiered currents for us, shit was cash

I really don't like Innerspeaker, but Lonerism is good. Currents is OK even though Kevin Parker went full normie

pretty accurate desu

yeah they suck live but for different reasons than the other anons have said. his voice is coated in effects but w/e, mainly the mixing at huge venues makes the songs sound like shit and they don't really change anything about them live either

the kazoo thing is from jimi hendrix

I hate Tame Impala and literally false. If they have on thing going for them, it's that they sound absolute cash live.

they're bland and uninspired. they write some catchy tunes but everything they do was already done better decades ago. they cash in on sounding "retro" but ignorant fags won't shut up about how revolutionary and ground-breaking they are.