Strawberry jam is Animal Collective's best album. Argue this with me

Strawberry jam is Animal Collective's best album. Argue this with me.

DUDE BONEFISH LMAO

But user, that's not STGSTV

Did you mean to say Campfire Songs followed by HCTI followed by Sung Tongs followed by Hollinndagain followed by Strawberry Jam.

If so, I agree

STGSTV is my second favorite. I also happen to to think that Danse Manatee is underated. Not one of they're best but still good in its own rights

Feels>SJ>MPP>ST>STGSTV>PW>HCTI>Campfire songs>CHz

Bad taste, and you forgot Danse and Hollinndagain

OP Here, My ranking is

SJ>STGSTV>Sung Tongs>MPP>HCTI>Feels>Danse Manatee>Campfire Songs>CHz>PW

Well if we're doing ratings

Campfire Songs>HCTI>Spirit=Sung Tongs>Hollinndagain>Strawberry Jam>Feels>Danse Manatee>Centipede Hz>Painting With

I like every single one of their albums though

God that album cover always makes me hungry

Life of a jamtime

I'm not going to because you are pretty much correct.

my rankings
SJ>Feels>MPP>CHz>HCTI>Sung Tongs>STGSTV>PW>Danse Manatee>Hollinndagain

Where's MPP?

Holy shit how'd I forget that one.

Equal with SJ

MPP > FEELS > STGSTV > everything else

pretty bad taste

Summertime Clothes is their only good song

It isn't even the best song on MPP, which isn't even close to being their best album

Also Summertime Clothes is their most normie-friendly song along with My Girls, so what does that say about you?

That I have a good taste that doesn't need to be ruined by normies and what they like

Well, I didn't say normies liked it because they don't (in my experience), it's just if I wanted to try and get someone who wasn't "into music" into AnCo, I'd show them one of those two songs.

In any case, they have a lot of songs that are leagues better than Summertime Clothes

STGSTV
MPP
SJ
Feels
ST
HCTI
PW
CS
CHz
Danse

Bumping to say this is objective folks

SJ
POWER GAP
HCTI
MPP
Feels
STGSTV
PW
ST
CS
CHz
Danse

Sung Tongs
Painting With
Campfire Songs
Hollinndagain
Strawberry Jam
Merriweather Post Pavillion
Here Comes the Indian
Centipede Hz
Feels
Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished
Danse Manatee

Feels > STGSTV > ST > MPP > HCTI = CS >>> else

I know it's probably an unpopular opinion, but SJ is not so great imo. It contains some solid songs (Chores, Peace, Cuckoo), but also terrible ones, (Unsolved could have been on CH, Derek just feels out of place and should have been put on a solo Panda album, and I dislike #1 and Winter Wonderland). Also, the gimmick of singing "ouuuuh ouuuuh" in falsetto on most of the song of the album just gets annoying. The worst part is that I fucking love Water Curses, the EP is much much better than the album, especially if you add Safer in it.

How does one get into AnCo? Everything sounds horrible.

objectively correct rating coming through
Sung Tongs > Hollinndagain > HCtI (prefer the Ark tracklisting though) = STGSTV > MPP > SJ > DM = PW > CS > Feels > CHz

odd, but good taste nonetheless

(good post though, even though I don't agree with it)
mediocre

atrocious

what type of stuff do you like?

I like a lot of stuff, but I always see Animal Collective popping up in recommendations for me.

Not sure what's linking me to them. Microphones? of Montreal? Dinosaur Jr.? Dan Deacon?

I guess I should've asked what albums you've tried too
here are a few albums I think you'd like right now though
>Sung Tongs
freak folk with a lot of emphasis on vocal intertwining, probably the closest you'll get to The Microphones
>Feels
their most typical 'indie rock' record. lots of people love it, so you should try it. I think it's insanely overrated.
>Strawberry Jam
the closest there is to of Montreal and Dan Deacon other than maybe Centipede Hz or maybe even Painting With, typically considered their best pop album alongside MPP

then, if you're willing to go into odder territories

>Here Comes the Indian
animalistic psychedelic noise rock

>objectively correct rating coming through

Thank you friend, I will give them a listen.
Will help me get through the day.

>implying it isn't
no problem user, hopefully you manage to get into them
just saying, HCtI definitely isn't the best one to start on though

Why would I? You're right, and dubs confirm it.

fuck it

Hollinndagain > HCTI > Sung Tongs > Danse Manatee > Campfire Songs > STGSTV > Feels > SJ > MPP > CHz > PW

The correct answer

SJ=STGSTV>ST>Feels>MPP>HCTI>CS>PW>Chz>Hollinndagain

>Danse

in fact, I'll give you more advice

start by going Strawberry Jam -> Feels -> Sung Tongs -> Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished

after that, if you like Strawberry Jam the best go MPP -> Panda Bear's Person Pitch -> Fall Be Kind -> Painting With -> CHz

if you like Feels the best, go HCtI -> Deakin's Sleep Cycle -> CHz -> Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks

if you like Sung Tongs the best, go Prospect Hummer -> Campfire Songs -> Panda Bear's Young Prayer -> Avey Tare's Pullhair Rubeye (fanmade reversed version since he and his wife released it in reverse and sped up)

if you liked STGSTV the best, go Panda Bear's self titled album -> Danse Manatee -> Hollinndagain

hope this helps

Feels > MPP > ST > STGSTV > SJ > the rest > DM

actually now that I think about it, switch Sleep Cycle and HCtI after Feels and put Avey Tare's Pullhair Rubeye inbetween Sung Tongs and Prospect Hummer

Thanks again for the advice user, I'll follow Sung Tongs route for now. Started with it there now.. and have been enjoying it so far.

Trying to remember which AnCo I actually listened to before.

good to hear. Sung Tongs tends to be a bit iffy as a starter album for most people, but if you can get into it that's great.
and I'm guessing what you most likely heard was either some of their poppier stuff (SJ onward) or their early noisey earfuck stuff, since a lot of people like using that to scare people off.

I do remember the tracks I listened to being very earfucky. Guess I'll avoid whatever was.

yeah, most likely something from the STGSTV route (excluding that Panda Bear album.) I'd say still give it a try eventually if you get into them though, Spirit is a good way to ease into that type of stuff because it's mostly just pop with some noise thrown over it.

Feels
Sung Tongs
Campfire Songs
Live At 9:30
Strawberry Jam
Fall Be Kind EP
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Here Comes The Indian
Water Curses EP
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
ODDSAC
People EP
Peacebone EP
Grass EP
Honeycomb/Gotham
The Purple Bottle/Polly
Applesauce/Crimson
Who Could Win A Rabbit/Baby Day
Brothersport/Bleeding
Animal Crack Box
Hounds Of Bairro/Gnip Gnop
Painting With
Hollinndagain
Danse Manatee
Centipede Hz

>Feels, Peacebone and Water Curses that high
>Animal Crack Box and Danse so low
>Gnip Gnop/Hounds of Bairro above PW
otherwise breddy gud though

oh, and
>no Keep or Prospect Hummer
you're forgetting some great stuff m8

i don't get the Feels hate its arguably their best

huge anco fan here

for some reason the only reason I haven't ventured to listen to was this. i have no idea why since i've listened to everything else heaps.

what should I expect , Sup Forums?

it's like CHz but mixed with MPP and good
something like Water Curses if you've heard that, but more rock to it
it's pretty great