Overwhelming anxiety and chronic depression have invaded my last line of defense (ie music)

>Overwhelming anxiety and chronic depression have invaded my last line of defense (ie music)
Anyanons know about this feel? I can't even concentrate a little. Notes fly over my head. What do?

I know the feel, user. Could use a little advice, myself.

listen to noise for a while then get back to your regular thing

Feel Bump

LIsten to Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock. They're my go to existential depression albums. Have a hot bath while you listen or something

You'll be ok family

loneliness causes stress
get a job where you have to interact with others constantly

listen to slower music

normie meme. Not OP but socializing when depressed makes me 100 times worse

>go to bar with friends
>random surfer dude bros come up to me
>CRACK A SMILE BRO WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU

listen to something you have never listened to, try to get into new totally different music and just stick with it, whether you like it or not. this new experience and even the disdain for that music will hopefully drown your depression. and maybe you'll come to like the music even.

iktfb i feel so dumb, but i just can't concentrate

drugs

I didn't tell you to be lonesome among other people, not go out or something. I told you to get a job, where you have to interact with people (customers) and your team. you have to be forced to interact in a professional and not a casual manner. that gives you stability and a purpose.

but it has a caveat, it only works if you don't hate everyone.

going for walks at night while listening to something really atmospheric works for me

what kind of idiot actually likes people lmao?

quite the opposite. it's the daily drugs, like coffeine that messes up your ability to focus if you overdo them.

only drugs worthwhile are psychedelics.

>coffeine
holy kek

those idiots who are not so stuck up that they even start to hate the things they used to love

>only drugs worthwhile are psychedelics.

you were doing so well before this

Don't be that retard that thinks psychedelics don't have the potential to fry your brain

diversity of opinion on Sup Forums I like

get a retail job

of course they have, that's what makes them worthwhile. because they are the drugs that can do more than just make you become addictive.

of course, no drugs is the best way.

Spoken like a normie who has no idea what depression is

>just interact with people lmao!

Dont worry about the haters bro, true enlightened guys (like you and me!) who have tripped know this to be true. But If youve never been throught the Psychedelic Experience it sounds implausible

yeah, that's what I was trying to tell him. short usually friendly interactions, no deep want-to-get-to-know-you stuff. also bad customers are a great way to learn to handle assholes in a controlled and safe environment.

get someone to hook you up with some anxiety meds
of course they're not the best thing but it's better than nothing

how do you work retail when you are physically incapable of fake smiling or feigning having energy?

I have to down 6 beers just to have a normal conversation

Actual good advice

>someone to hook you up
like a doctor?

you can't be serious

>like a doctor?
no shit

it's true people will notice your frown, that's why a job with short interactions is a good start. it'll take time, but practice makes perfect. social interaction is the only way that will make one become better at social interaction, duh. in a job where people appreciate what you sell them smiles are guaranteed.

it's a normie enters a depression thread and tells you how to fix something they've never experienced episode

every. fucking. time

>just get a retail job brah XD so ez

go to a doctor already, instead of making depression threads then, but even he will tell you that you'll have to socialize

it's a lazy neet self diagnosis himself as depressed and wants to circlejerk his fake illness
every.fucking.time.

fun fact depressed people don't come on Sup Forums and post reaction images

I have. And they don't.

he will, don't worry. or you stopped the therapy before he was able to tell you.

>unchecked quads
I can see why you're depressed
try what said desu, also a lot of basic ambient
I'd rec Tim Hecker, Oneohtrix Point Never, Grouper, and Gas
also maybe early Animal Collective and The Microphones

Yeah, well im familiar with these feelings of anxiety and depression (no i dont mean just "feeling blue"), been to a doctor myself about it too...

But im sick and tired of reading these fucking feels threads on the Music Board. Its completely beside the point of this board to talk about muh precious feelings and I wish the mods were more active in pruning threads like this.

>fun fact depressed people don't come on Sup Forums and post reaction images

So we're assuming it's social based anxiety?

It's really easy to just be kind to people.
You respect them more than you realize, their impressions and your fear of them obligate behavioral choices.

Have you heard the good word of our lord and savior, Merzbow?

btw sage

fuck off Sup Forums

I don't use Sup Forums though, never have

>I don't use Sup Forums though, never have

hi normie never been depressed boring person

please enlighten us with your borderline retarded understanding of psychology

I use Sup Forums, /trash/, /lit/, Sup Forums, and [s4s] regularly and Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /qa/, /an/, and /tg/ occasionally
Sup Forums is not on that list due to it being garbage

And since when did Sup Forums become such a loving board? I came into this thread expecting all types of abuse. Pretty impressed, guys.

user, there used to be a fuckton of feels threads here, it's kind of a tradition (though one that's been dying)
hell, there used to be fucking tumblr threads

very late at night/morning moo is better than busy hours

It gets better, stop visiting /r9k/ because self-loathing and negativity is a fucking trap you need to get yourself out of, it gets better and getting out of the house really helps

Been there OP. I wasn't even able to open my computer at the time.

It was 2 years ago, I lost all my friends, thaught I was worthless and I wouldn't be able to do anything in my live (even tho I had an engineering degree in computer science), never had a gf. I couldn't even imagine I would get better.
I had my family close but they didn't really matter for me, I was so depressed.
I was seeing a doctor but , same, it didn't matter much.

Then it went away, I didn't do anything special, just stayed alive, and it went away by itself.

2 years later I made some other friends (still no news about the previous ones, I think I hate them for it), got my own job (I built my own company thanks to a girl who helped me), and now I finally got a gf, we sometimes talk about having kids, getting a house, etc.

Life will get better OP, you can take my word for it. I think a lot of people (especially men) experience depression around 20-25.

i feel you op

let's end our lives in a ritualistic manner

Cute doge

what's your plan

crashing this plane

Don't worry, it'll clear up when you finish puberty.