/prod/ - Music Production General

that one creepy swede edition

>Production Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - still looking for contributors
mu-sic-production.wikia.com
There's a severe lack of DAW descriptions in the wiki. If you're good with your tool of choice, consider writing a paragraph about it.

/prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go to rizon.net/chat
Choose a nick, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!
Or you can get a lightweight desktop client here hexchat.github.io/downloads.html

Remember to use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP: posting a clyp.it is just providing sound for a question, posting a Soundcloud link is making self-advertisement and the thread doesn't need that.

Remember to check other peoples' clyp.it links to keep the thread healthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/z01jauf1
clyp.it/13ac4tg0
clyp.it/pzd23bnr
clyp.it/n4car2di
theproaudiofiles.com/mono-in-a-stereo-mix/
clyp.it/tsqmryqg
youtube.com/watch?v=N23BHYmxOXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whoever had that idea for the soda pop sound effect in the last thread i just wanted to say thanks cuz this shit sounds great

what should i add or remove to make this not so repetitive?
clyp.it/z01jauf1

Which synths would you recommend for idm/dark ambient? I'm currently using Serum but it just doesn't do it for me.

is that max martin or v snares

i wonder

WIP
clyp.it/13ac4tg0

Did i abuse of w a r m saturation on the main pad ?
Are the glitch/various precussion well integrated with the more traditional drum sounds?
Any opinion?

A rapper t b h
(Otherwise idk another melody, another synth, effect on drums, random FX ? )

Anything with weird settings and effects
Granular synthesis can be interesting
I use sytrus, a minimoog emulation, massive, orchestral samples, my own voice, anything that i can twist

Whats the best way to approach edm buildups(rising synths, snares etc). Pitching a whole group channel or individual sounds via plugin or on the synth directly or something else? Thanks

are superlux 681hd (not evo) better than akg 240 mk ii for MUSIC PRODUCTION and if they are what is supposed to be the upgrade of superlux

what should i do to the drums

various ideas :

Stereo action
Scratching, chopping
Sudden stop for 1-2 times with reverb
Add other percussions

clyp.it/pzd23bnr

Does this sound okay?

I feel like the guitars could be mixed in a tad more

clyp.it/n4car2di

>I played around with the panning on the kick and clap to open it up a bit more
>added a reversed ride to the intro bit
>added black men saying what for the middle portion and scratched it up a little
>added some #slay bells on the third portion with minor panning
>cut the outro bit to just a measure of the kick
>mixed it to my liking

what do you think?

It's all one live take into a tascam digital 4-track ;_;

And there is only 1 bass guitar. No other guitar.

move the "wut" over to the and of the beat

swap the sleigh bells for the wut or just keep it looping?

theproaudiofiles.com/mono-in-a-stereo-mix/

Is that garage sludge/crust ?

Guitar could have more mid
Toms are a bit too loud
Compression and saturation could be cool on the vocals, or just being closer to the mic

dont pan the kicks and snares?

got it.

yeah swap em

Uh yeah I guess. When I describe us to people I usually say "really sludgy noise rock with not much high end."

But yeah we recorded it all one take in our drummer's basement like I said hereHe lives with his mom and she's a hoarder so there is junk everywhere and it's hard to even experiment with the position of amps and drums and shit

done.

I'm gonna do a shitty white guy rap over it, stop me now.

no

no as in dont do it or no as in im not stopping you

How do I put this plugin into ableton ? I have few plugins in already but I may have forgotten how to do it, do I just drag it in?

No as i'm not stopping you
Just do it user

k

I'm not sure is this is the right thread but I recently started to play guitar but I realize I can't sing for shit. Any tips how to improve my voice? Link is something quick i did just now.

clyp.it/tsqmryqg

does using synth presets make a bad producer? i dont call myself a producer ever but i am guilty of using presets most of the time but recently started making my own sounds. are presets "cheating"

no, if it fits the sound you wanted it fits the sound you wanted

Do you use them because you need to or do you use them because you like the sound? A lot of different sounds people use are basically presets but they get passes(808, 303, 707, those early ROM drum machines).

Lol I got dubs

oh and Help

both really since i can make a patch i like easily but i can hardly ever make another one that fits with it in the song, but i can it just takes me a long time. and im not talking about drum sounds i just mean vst presets

No wonder there is a bunch of rappers who rap exclusively about money and bitches cause there is literally nothing else I can think of rapping right now.

here's some inspiration
youtube.com/watch?v=N23BHYmxOXk

How would I go about producing Intelligent Nu-Disco Music?

>intelligent
>genre
>irony for asking how to do something intelligently when you are not intelligent enough to come up with your own answer
lmao

Hey, you little kid, fuck you!-- my dad is Ed Banger.