Alex G is such a joke. Do people actually like this garbage?

Alex G is such a joke. Do people actually like this garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nczA8J1Aivo
youtube.com/watch?v=jcsb3UNQXHw
youtube.com/watch?v=sBkvF4CdVsQ
brandoncantdancenewbandcamp.bandcamp.com/album/lxve-ll.
youtube.com/watch?v=1CXMtLpprIg
youtube.com/watch?v=WXJ3_LVEtRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

senpai

>

I fuckin love him

youtube.com/watch?v=nczA8J1Aivo

>Do people actually like this garbage?
Yes.

While this thread is up, does anyone have any recommendations for musicians/bands similar too him?

Death grips

Nice meme bro

Not a meme I think they're actually pretty similar sonically

wew lade

>

pretty edgy post desu

Saw him live, and loved it

No they're not please stop. Just because Death Grips is the only band you listen to doesn't mean everything sounds like them

Do you know what sonically even means dude?

it's like one dude who hates him who keeps posting these threads

he's just top tier bedroom pop. great songwriter

You're so wrong dude

>great songwriter
end this meme
bob dylan is a great songwriter
not this shit

I agree

really dude? i'm sooo wrong?

not even a meme. the melodies on rules are great. bob dylan writes boring 3 chord folk with simple melodies and amazing lyrics. they're two different kinds of songwriter

Is he half of G Love and Special Sauce?

first time hearing this...seems just like really mindless. Like not original at all. Not necessarily unpleasant to listen to, just not much substance there.

Shut up already you're embarrassing yourself holy shit

>if someone doesn't worship bob dylan he's embarrassing himself

great argument you stupid fuck. listen to mr tambourine man. literally 3 chords, simple melody (same throughout), god tier lyrics.

This guy gets it

You're an idiot leave this board I'm serious you have no business here you no nothing about music

youtube.com/watch?v=jcsb3UNQXHw

>hasn't made one legitimate argument yet
good shit

btw i undoubtedly know more about music than you. nobody's arguing that he's some fucking innovative genius pushing the boundaries of music, just that he consistently creates pleasant bed room pop with great melodies

Asking the real questions

people connect with it on an emotional level instead of the arbitrary, subjective "analyzing" you sperglords have tricked yourself into thinking is somehow better or different than how anyone else listens to music.

real talk: there is literally never anything to "get" about music. you like it or you don't or you don't know. you wanna listen again or you don't.

Embarrassing

Wrong again.
You know more about music than Me? Fucking prove it you douchebag

>i'm posting arguments while you just say "WRONG!" over and over like a retard
yes you definitely know more about music

Girlpool. They collabed and sang Brite Boy together and it was awesome

Listen to this and tell me you don't feel like getting up and grooving to the sick jams

youtube.com/watch?v=sBkvF4CdVsQ

This.

Why does there need to be some deep message in everything that some people listen to?

If you attain joy from innovative, experimental music because you like the way it sounds, great, you sound like a cool person. But if you go into a piece of music expecting it to push the envelope based on your preconceptions of what that music should be, then you can fuck right off.

You're not dying anything that proves you know more about music than me but I have, you need to stop

Stop

Nothing special

Also Brandon Can't Dance is similar actually recommended by Alex in some interview. They are from the town over.

Holy shit please be bait because u should sepukku if you honestly believe that

the thing is people aren't evaluating it objectively. if this was some early 90's dude, people would be shitting themselves over him. but since he's some tumblr indie posterboy suddenly he's shit

i made arguments about his actual music, that's something you haven't done once. explain to me why his music is objectively bad without using the terms "boring", "bland", or "unoriginal", since those are the laziest criticisms in the world

Go away

People that post on Sup Forums to shit on other artists are missing the entire point of this board. You add absolutely nothing to the conversation other than pointless negativity. If bedroom pop isn't your bag then don't listen. But for everyone that is here for new music here is the band camp link to Brendan can't dance: brandoncantdancenewbandcamp.bandcamp.com/album/lxve-ll. This is my favorite album by them.

buttblasted honestly

honestly it's not even that it's negative, it's that no one has argued for their point once, it's just blatant shitposting. how can you be so convinced your point is correct and then literally have no idea how to argue it?

Brandon can't dance is awesome. If you like them you should check out another local Philly artist named Tristan Kavanaugh. Both for fans of Ariel Pink, John Maus, that whole scene.

no :^)

This is bad too all this music is really bad

ebin

Because taste isn't objective and arguing about it is probably a colossal waste of time. No one should have to justify why they like certain music, and people who feel compelled to shit on other people's taste are juvenile.

Let's hear your music lol I'm sure you masterfully evoke dat dylan-esque hippie Jew croon

Both of those artists you mentioned at the end are among my favorite artists ever. Thanks for the recommendation.

holy shit this is awesome. Definitely getting those John Maus vibes, which is great because I fucking love Maus.

i don't have a problem justifying why i like it, i've done it multiple times ITT. i liked it more a couple years ago and rarely listen now but it's just weird to see alex g get so much attention these days and i still feel the need to defend him

i just enjoy discussion, if someone said they disliked the music i'd love to hear why, but it's just shitposting

Just stop all of you this music is bad and so is the other music posted in this thread

What else could you be doing with your time right now? You could be listening to music you enjoy instead of complaining about music you don't.

Go outside or something, Jesus Christ.

Youre doing the same thing . And you have bad taste. You are a waste

bump

there's no use in 'objectively' evaluating music. first of all, it can't be done. second of all, the objective criteria that's used to objectively describe music says nothing of its quality or social impact.

alex g is comfy as fuck desu

youtube.com/watch?v=1CXMtLpprIg

He sucks

honestly go fuck yourself

Fuck you you know he sucks loser

This is the whitest shit I've heard. The only thing whiter I have ever heard is the sound of white paint drying.

What is this wannabe Elliott Smith shit?

I mean? Where has your music project taken you? Let's hear some of your songs oh great musician

I'm in tons of great bands all more successful than alex

you're free to dislike it but how is this similar to Elliot Smith at all?

You know it is shut the fuck up

Bump

b-b-bum p

Bunp

ALEX G RULES!!!!!!!!!

i like the song n64 but i don't know much about that genre

Speaking of; Alex G - Rules
youtube.com/watch?v=WXJ3_LVEtRc

No talent hack

Alex lists Elliot Smith as one of his biggest influences and I think you can really hear it, personally.

I love Alex G but his music isn't the kind of music that I would expect everybody to enjoy, for pretty obvious reasons I think (production quality, voice, etc.). I think he's a talented guy and I enjoy his style of writing and how he writes stuff that is "different" but still catchy.

The only gripe I have with him is SOMETIMES how he transposes his songs into live 4 piece rock band pieces. He puts on a great show but vocally he's not always the best. I wish he had the means (and if he has the means already, the desire) to add a keyboardist/third guitarist to his live lineup, and invest in some better amps or just use his own better.

Yup he sucks