Local experimental artists

Anyone got any local experimental artists who are actually decent? Post some of their stuff if you got it. I'll dig around for some in my town.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e768rzlYjJk
youtube.com/watch?v=R4lJ7aUYvQM
youtube.com/watch?v=Fn-dyzRBx8M
youtube.com/watch?v=N_neJPHX5qg
youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4S0L_F5tw
youtube.com/watch?v=MFKXfYX3q4I
youtube.com/watch?v=9FCwbhivlR0
youtube.com/watch?v=do3t4LAK0wI
chromb.bandcamp.com/
thenausea.bandcamp.com/releases
flamingdragonsofmiddleearth.bandcamp.com/album/the-seed-of-contempt
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2eUi2-JEgN-eWlTUkZXMndYUVE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ee93PKvsfMg&list=PLN-3ij4w3F4xXg-U2EofSxOcgb4nMwlTx
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nuno_canavarro/plux_quba/
orginsband.bandcamp.com/track/joes-spaghetti-shed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Living in a small town in Eastern Finland. There really isn't much local scene. Except Paavoharju comes from my home town.

>Paavoharju
They sound pretty cool so gonna check 'em

Heard these guys a few days ago and thought they were actually pretty decent. Promise I'm not them shilling. Local to Sup Forums if that counts:

youtu.be/e768rzlYjJk

living in vienna.....

>arthur
>local

???you weren't in iowa/nyc when he was alive though

I just chose a random experimental artist bro

>Promise I'm not them shilling
sounds an awful lot like someone shilling

well my town has had its fair share of "scenes", first it was sort of a new wave and metal scene in the 80s/90s, then the obvious indie scene of the 00s that produced nothing of note, except like one or two bands that broke up, the late 00s started a post-punk scene for some reason, and most of the people involved in that became pretentious hipsters and stopped making music for a long time because "it's not worth it, no one would understand it" but nowadays they've started making one-off projects that are sort of wannabe experimental, but a bit interesting, I'll post some links, but it's mostly tasteless post-rock and spoken word fuckery

Yeah but i thought they were decent when i heard them a few days ago and they're in the uk so i count that as local

youtube.com/watch?v=R4lJ7aUYvQM
youtube.com/watch?v=Fn-dyzRBx8M
youtube.com/watch?v=N_neJPHX5qg
youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4S0L_F5tw
youtube.com/watch?v=MFKXfYX3q4I
youtube.com/watch?v=9FCwbhivlR0
youtube.com/watch?v=do3t4LAK0wI

Christopher Green

I want my city's scene to stay KVLT , we have enough gentrifying transplants as it is.

Looks like some interesting shit

chromb.bandcamp.com/
Chromb!

It's a french free-jazz band. They also are pretty cool guys.

yeah it is, but it's a bit too samey for my taste tbph

bump. anyone know any local bands in LA?

This is from Vancouver, Canada. I saw her live and it was incredible.

thenausea.bandcamp.com/releases

Anyone know any experimenting artists in Vegas? I know one but i don't want to shill his shit

Based in Turners Falls, MA, Flaming Dragons Of Middle Earth are the brainchild of visionary wheelchair-bound ‘band shaman’ Danny Cruz, who leads an ensemble of rotating non-musicians, artists, oddballs, kids with Down Syndrome, etc in weekly jams at a community resource centre, playing what he describes as ‘Mud Lightning Metal’. Cruz is heavily into Sun Ra, Captain Beefheart and Roky Erickson and has a fascination with zombies, punk rock, metal, horror movies and the aesthetics of the free form freak. The Seed Of Contempt is the first available document of their wild reign, capturing a bunch of jaw-dropping sessions recorded onto cassette between 2007 and 2010. Cruz’s vocals are somewhere between Nate Young of Wolf Eyes and Don Van Vliet and his cosmo-philosophical lyrics touch on cartoons, anarchy, radical politics and evil in the night.

David Keenan says:
The music ranges from Wasa Wasa-style destructo blues as played by The Familiar Ugly through odd piano/vocals tracks ala Richard Youngs’ "Advent", brokedown folk with weeping brass, unaccompanied vocal rants and wonky big band jams that channel cryptic NNCK-style environments via the LA freak scene around Wild Man Fischer and weirdo LAFMS satellites like Ace & Duce and Smegma. The Seed Of Contempt goes well beyond mere real people interest: it feels like a bunch of kids mainlining everything that’s great about the wildest, freakiest rock/roll and free improvisation of the 20th century.

Funny, sad, exhilarating, confusing, effortlessly out – it’s hard to believe such a purely-conceived document could even exist in the current cynical/know-all post-Wikipedia world. If this hadda come out on some private press side in 1970 then Acid Archives would have already erected a monument. But this is real – if you wanna drop in and jam with them, the invitation is there: every Thurs 5pm at The Brick House, Turners Falls, MA

flamingdragonsofmiddleearth.bandcamp.com/album/the-seed-of-contempt

Argentina doesn't have shit

This sounds fucking cool

It is. Danny is a charismatic local legend and the community jams were always a wild ride depending on who showed up

drive.google.com/open?id=0B2eUi2-JEgN-eWlTUkZXMndYUVE

Fuck man I wish I knew a community jam around. That'd be well fun

this is garbage

Fucking yeah man just discovered this guy that's barely known in my country.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ee93PKvsfMg&list=PLN-3ij4w3F4xXg-U2EofSxOcgb4nMwlTx

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nuno_canavarro/plux_quba/

Listen to it folks

Any way I can get my hands on this? I'm searching right now

I don't know if you can get a phycial copy (I'm pretty sure you can though) but it's on soulseek and what.cd.

I was just about to check soulseek, thanks! I just moved to Louisville, Kentucky and there wasn't anything too impressive back home, wish I could contribute.

You wouldn't happen to be part of the soulseek group for experimental music, would you? I am still trying to figure out how the chat rooms work.

>I just moved to Louisville, Kentucky and there wasn't anything too impressive back home, wish I could contribute.

There probably is, you just have to look harder.

>You wouldn't happen to be part of the soulseek group for experimental music, would you? I am still trying to figure out how the chat rooms work.

Not really, no. Sorry!

get fucked

No need to be mean.

Thought it would be a joke album, shit's actually like a combo of Hot Rats-era Zappa and post-rock, it's fucking nuts.
orginsband.bandcamp.com/track/joes-spaghetti-shed