Could somebody please explain to me what conceptual link "Burn The Witch" could possibly have with "True Love Waits"...

Could somebody please explain to me what conceptual link "Burn The Witch" could possibly have with "True Love Waits"? Is there anybody who honestly believes this isn't just a collection of re-recorded B-sides, placed in alphabetical order with a hipster-friendly cover and a nonsensical name? That Radiohead's addled brains didn't simply run out of creativity around 9 years ago, and after the utter flop of The King Of Limbs they've now given up writing truly new music altogether?

I missed this meme

Had so much potential

I feel like all of these songs relate to heartbreak, but I do admit for some songs it's a bit of a stretch. But even if there isn't really a unifying theme I still think all these songs are great and worth releasing, new or not.

>falling for it

>Songs have to link

What kind of shitty meme is this?

They never claimed it was a concept album, dummy.

I was the original creator of this question, it was serious and I have yet to receive a serious answer.

I'm sorry :c my bad

I bet you're the sort of pleb who listens to "best of" albums.

Bestowing the name "A Moon Shaped Pool" is pretty clearly implicit with regards to conceptual context.

they never claimed it was good one either

We got a 'muh album' dadrocker over here...

i don't everything has to be a concept album or have a narrative. i agree its not as strong or as well thought out as their previous efforts but as artists they're allowed to do whatever they feel justifies their creative criteria, but its up to you to enjoy it or not.

personally i feel that the album is more raw and authentic than some of their more recent previous stuff, and its more of an inverse or sideways movement. its clear that this isn't something that is as bold a statement as kid a or ok computer, but they lack the context now that they had then to make something so immersive and expressive - but that's just my opinion and i'm sure thom yorke would disagree desu

My God, Sup Forums has degenerated since I last had the misfortune of browsing to the point where posters don't even respect the integrity of an album anymore? Please kill yourself in the slowest most painful fashion imaginable.

I heard this great album called The Astonishing by Dream Theater the other day, have you listened to it yet?

Truer words have never been spoken, OP.

Radiohead are pretty much taking the piss these days and raking in the dough.

They've been greedy posers ever since blonde Thom channeling Kurt Cobain on MTV. It's fucking ridiculous.

Please don't attempt to defile me with your filthy pleb defecations.

oh my god it's really in alphabetical order. i've never noticed before.

Albums are literally only a thing in rock music. Every other genre finds little to no value in them. Why treat rock differently? Unless it's specifically a concept album, the individual tracks are all that matter

>>>/reddit/

>vegetarian
>wears leather
top kek

An album with no thought put into the initial concept for which it exists is literally a collection of random tracks. Why even bother releasing it as such, on that basis? Do you not place any value in the principle of sitting down with singular focus for a period and paying attention to nothing but the music? Having actually been satisfied more than a simple collection of tracks on conclusion of this? There are plenty of artists in other genres who quite rationally consider this a matter of importance, if you don't believe it is possible with a bleepity bloop machine you aren't even worthy of death.

>implying vegetarian=vegan

maybe it's not a concept album you twat

Why does there have to be a conceptual link? What's wrong with it being a collection of previously unreleased songs, if it is? It's still new Radiohead, and it's the lush, pretty pop music I was pretty much expecting. Yeah, they've mellowed out, but it's pretty good material all things considered in my opinion.

If all you care about in music is the concept album then I seriously pity you.

When did the band state this was a concept album? I thought it was just a regular album.

>implying ovo-lacto vegetarian=pescetarian
get a load of this sjw nu-male cuck

You're joking? The individual composition is the important thing, Whatever pretentious fluff the artist decides to add to it is irrelevant. The music will inevitably have certain themes running through it because an artist is influenced by different things and works in different ways outside of that. It's like saying a painter is no good because he hasn't included a superfluous thematic link throughout all of his paintings. It makes no difference. Picasso's blue period has strong emphasis on certain ares simply because it's a reflection of that artist at the time. Music is no different, nor does it need to be. Give me a bunch of great, solitary, standalone tracks over a half-arsed concept anyday

All you autistic contrarians trying to find (completely invalid) reasons to hate on a fairly good album need to shut the fuck up.

It's not a concept album. It's a collection of songs. Like In Rainbows. Or Amnesiac.

Fucking get over yourselves.

he says "im doin no harm" in present tense, which relates to witchcraft

also, the first word said in the album is "stay" and the last is "leave"

That's... that's actually pretty cool

I'd say most of the songs either relate to love or climate change, with some having double meanings (Daydreaming definitely does - "It's too late, the damage is done")

THE SONGS ARE IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT

That's kind misinterpreting it.

The last word is "leave". The last two words are "don't leave".

So if you take the last two in to account, you get "stay" and then "don't leave".