If a girl likes this song, I will not date her

If a girl likes this song, I will not date her.

youtube.com/watch?v=dezsVSJA_k4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gT5Z12LWGfk
youtube.com/watch?v=Bc3sml-EOs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one will ever date you so you don't have anything to worry about

played this song for a girl to gauge her music tastes, she said turn this shit off and put on some xiu xiu

fucking slapped the bitch across the face and told her to walk home

I CHIME IN

I CHIMED IN WITH A HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF SHUTTING THE GOD DAMN DOOR

I like that song

I would tbqh

what's wrong with it?

it's pretty impressive that the hook manages to be so catchy yet so (relatively) wordy

>what's wrong with it?
It sucks.

>it's pretty impressive that the hook manages to be so catchy yet so (relatively) wordy
It's not impressive at all. The lyrics are awful, and as forced as they are, he has to repeat himself throughout the whole thing. I understand that pop-punk can be a guilty pleasure, but I don't enjoy this song on any level at all.

SWEAR TO SHAKE IT UP

[spoiler]Death of a Bachelor is pretty good[/spoiler]

i got :25 in

terrible

youtube.com/watch?v=gT5Z12LWGfk

this reminds me of a hedonist, pop version of Sic Transit Gloria

>it sucks
great argument!

Oh, well in fact
Well I'll look at it this way
I mean, technically, our marriage is saved
Well this calls for a toast
So pour the champagne
Oh, well in fact
Well I'll look at it this way
I mean, technically, our marriage is saved
Well this calls for a toast
So pour the champagne, pour the champagne

That is garbage.

Tfw my girlfriend has a tattoo of this band.
Tfw I don't give a shit because I'm not autistic and like people for their personalities not their music tastes so I get laid regularly and don't sit on Sup Forums complaining about that feel when no gf.

>music taste isn't part of your personality
Wew lad

I've always had a passing interest in P!ATD, but I really only listened to their first album when I was a kid. I remember liking it, but I liked most pop at that age I guess.

Should I get back into them? Didn't they come out with a new album this year? How was it?

Panic at the Disco's first album is good pop

THE G*D DAMN DOOR

I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like.
It's got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good.
I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
You're the kind of girl that fits in with my world.
I'll give you anything, everything if you want things.

It is. But others taste shouldn't get in the way of your own or your opinions of them as a person. They could have the worst taste in the world and still be a great person.

This is a good song though. I don't see the problem. Do you enjoy being a virgin, OP?

8 oclock in the afternoon is catchier anyway

it's really not that bad. it's at least relatively interesting for pop music, and it is an unusual chorus. i only like it bc i was like 12 when it came out, but on the scale of bad music its barely below the 50th percentile, if that

AFYCSO is probably the greatest pop album of the past 20 years and I will hear nothing of the contrary.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bc3sml-EOs4

People on this board rate anything mildly catchy, mainstream or popular as bad.

Uptown funk has over a billion YouTube views but I love it.

bruh r u rly gonna cherry pick lyrics and pretend like it proves your point

That's the entire second verse.

yea i know, it's such a boring opinion too. like it's way more interesting to me when people have deep and varied opinions on pop music, rather than casting it all off as trash. like pop has a disproportionate amount of trash, but good pop is valuable and often better than a lot of other "cool" artists

I always thought it was CLOSING THE GOD DAMN DOORKNOB

That's why I listen to both. I love a lot of underground stuff but I'll readily admit that I enjoy good pop music.

got a chuckle out of me

>We always take my car cause it's never been beat
>And we've never missed yet with the girls we meet
>None of the guys go steady cause it wouldn't be right
>To leave their best girl home now on Saturday night

this is literally the entire second verse. confirmed garbage.

I'VE GOT MORE WIT

A BETTER KISS

A HOTTER TOUCH

A BETTER FUCK

the pop punk-style vocal melodies are fucking obnoxious, but that song's not the worst thing ever

anyway, who gives a shit about dating someone into the same music as them. it's a plus but honestly it doesn't matter at all if they don't like your music or whatever

I can't believe you just compared those two bands.

Get out of here with your logic and good reasoning

my point is that it's real easy to cherry pick lyrics and make a song seem insipid or uninspired. there's a lot more to music than that. like if you don't like a song and you wanna fight on the internet about it then have an actual reason to dislike it. its like ctrl-ving the chorus of "be my baby" and then whining about how shitty the song is.

it's as much pop punk as it is chamber pop
that's a pretty interesting fusion in all honesty

nah

dont cut yourself on that edge

I get you, but the Beach Boys and the Ronnettes had beautiful vocal harmonies and great instrumentation, both of which are missing here.

IIRC those are just about the only lyrics in the song other than the hook.

well there you go, that's an actual opinion. but just posting a verse and saying "it's garbage" is meaningless like they're are great musicians who are shitty lyricists and vice versa. imo this song is like solidly mediocre so im not tryna crusade about it but it pisses me off when people post like
>"And we'll all float on okay
>And we'll all float on okay
>And we'll all float on okay
>And we'll all float on anyway, well"
>modest mouse shit tier band
like have an actual opinion

fucking "there"

I see. But in the case of this Panic song, it seems that a lot of work went into those lyrics, they're really labored, and it still ended up terrible. Granted, a song doesn't have to read well to be a good song, but the generic pop punk sound and vocals don't help at all.

same with paramore

yea i think a lot of work goes into a lot of lyrics, its just that these FEEL really overwrought and belabored so that's why they come across as bad. i actually think the instrumentals in this song are fairly interesting for a pop/pop-punk song tho. FallOutBoy still blows anything by this band out of the water tho, they're the GOAT pop-punk group for angsty middle schoolers and angsty former middle schoolers

>vocal harmonies
yeah panic did more of that on their second album

This song is pretty shit but what an odd thing to single out from everything you could choose.

If she likes this, she's probably not developed mentally since middle school.

you're not allowed to still like stuff you liked in middle school?

Not this schlock.

nay, there's nothing "inherently" "middle school" about it

I've heard worse, but the only thing that bothers me with these kinds of songs is that their voices all sound the same. It's got that whiney-ness to it like the guy(s) are about to cry or something, and their voices are deep but they're still trying to push for that young pretty-boy voice by sounding like they're about to cry. I just think emo and teenage bands when I hear this type of music, but then you look at the band members and they're like 30 year old dudes posing as teenagers.

If a girl is the lead singer or whatever I think it's fine, because if she's qt then I'll forgive her for a shit song anyway. With a dude, there's no freebie.

Hayley is cute!
CUTE!!!
U
T
E
!
!
!

inferring personality traits based on whether or not someone still likes a panic at the disco song is so beyond pathetic

You just described emo as well, a seemingly Sup Forums approved genre.

nah if they like stuff like that i show them this and then if they like it they pass

huh, where do you hear the whininess in that song?

i love good emo, but all emo, good and bad, is hella whiny. its the strain and the sort of sibilant, nasal quality of a lot of the voices, especially the male ones. true in this song as well even tho its more pop punk than emo

IF YOU SWEAR TO LISTEN

THEN ANY BOY YOU'VE EVER MEET SWEETIE YOU HAD ME

this pretty much sums it up. Wasn't sure how to describe it. But yeah, what this user said. I don't care much for emo or punk though. It's terrible, just not my kind of music.

>It's terrible
meant to say it's not* terrible. I'm not really bothered by it, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to listen to it.

how is celibacy

no sorry i dont see it. nasal, sure, strained, in parts, but it definitely doesnt sound like he's lamenting or anything. this isn't the same theatrical fraily that brave little abacus presents, hell it's not even emo

i get what you're saying as an emo listener, but for people who don't listen much to any of these genres it's all gonna have a pretty similar timbre

so I listened to this and it's really fucking good, thanks a lot man

it's basic syncopation

That song is fun though, if you only strive for an ""intellectual"" female then you're gay.

Kek

pics of tattoo or you are a liar

this isn't even bad for a pop punk song, i would take a girl who listens to this over a girl who listens to taylor swift any day.